Sign in to follow this  
Zipper5

Zipper5's Missions

alright, that intro was incredible as usual. the the mission, well that's pretty fwarking epic as well. great work as always zipper.

Thanks, Bink. Glad to see it appears to be working well, and that it's enjoyable. :p

Thanks for your missions, Zipper5, I enjoyed Scud Valley a lot. I'll try your newest one and let you know how it went.

The campaign's still progressing, just don't have a huge amount I can physically show you guys at the moment. Progress may slow over the next few days due to Black Ops being released, but it won't stop. ;)

Having trouble with "For Queen and Country."

Squad leader isn't talking to me, did I dl the wrong version?

That's odd, when does this happen? Right after the cutscene or later on after you clear the factory? At the start it should just fade in, he should talk to you, walk outside, and finish filling you in. If it's when you clear the factory, he should get out of the Warrior, walk over to you, tell you about the change in orders, and walk back to and get in the Warrior. Have you tried reloading a save, or restarting the mission?

I'll check it out myself anyways to see if I can replicate it. What version of Arma 2 are you using, and are you using any mods?

Got it to work Zipper.

It was a problem with Steam A2/CO, restarted it a couple of times and it finally worked.

For Queen and Country is a fine one

Although my problem with it is "custom field dressing" (which makes the mission easier than I feel it should be) and no AA2 first aid module with original OFP/AA1 wounding instead. But I'll change that in the editor.

I added the field dressing mechanic in Operation Cobalt because I think we all get frustrated at just how hopeless the AI medics are at getting to you when you're injured. The annoyance is compounded when you use the first aid module, as sometimes they'll just forget that you need help in the first place. :p

Thanks Zipper5 I've been enjoying a lot of missions lately and I realized that I never comment, so I have been trying to make a point of it lately. I have not played Operation Cobalt in quite awhile. I think it is time to crank it up again. It has the greatest story of any campaign I have ever played. It also got my vote for best mission/campaign of 2010.

One other thing... I know this isn't the place for it, but the video you did where you explain squad management in great detail, how to set up a fire team, and move about; that changed my Arma2 play from being fun, but mostly frustrating, to loads of fun. Watching that vid improved my fire-fight performance 10 fold! Thank you. I hope you will make more like that in the future. Maybe team management? But don't let it get in the way of Blood On The Sand.

Edited by Khugan

Squad leader isn't talking to me at the start of the mission.

I have the Arma 2 OA standalone, updated to 1.57.

I also get a this error " missions\__cur_sp.shapur_baf\mission.sqm/mission/vehicles/Item95.vehicle:Vehicle class land_psi_bouda no longer exists" but the mission loads anyway, but the Squad leader does not finish the conversation as stated above.

For Queen and Country

v1.00

Made with Arma 2: Combined Operations v1.54.74630

Must be that you're not running Combined Operations, as it still works fine for me on this end. ;)

Yeah, I already owned Arma 2, so I just bought Arma 2 OA standalone. I wonder if I can install the Standalone OA over Arma 2 ? The only problem is my Arma 2 is for winXP and Arma 2 OA is win 7. ???

I take it you mean you have two partitions, one running XP and one running 7? Your best bet in that case is to uninstall Arma 2 off the XP partition and OA off the 7 partition and then install Arma 2 first followed by OA on just the 7 partition.

No, I actually had them installed on two different PCs, and I don't know if your solution will work with the OA standalone, but Bohemia Interactive has a way to combine both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA standalone into one game, see here:

" http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=101214". I installed (and updated) Arma 2 on the win 7 PC and then ran the "cmd" from Bohemia which did a nice job of giving me a "combined operation" game. And...so far your mission works, at least I''m getting the Squad leader speech now. I will play it more later.

Hi all,

The follow up to my campaign Operation Cobalt released last year, Blood On The Sand, is nearing completion. Unlike Cobalt before it, I'm hoping to have BOTS fully voice acted. Preferably I'd want to have people speaking the actual languages of the characters, which are Czech mainly American-accented English, but I also need someone who can speak English with an Arabic, or similar, accent. However, if it proves too difficult to get specific language speakers, I'll take whatever I can get. :D

Unfilled:

- James Stephen - Main character, Chernarussian (speaks Czech)

- Jan Brazda - Czech squad leader character

- Richard Stephen - James' father, Chernarussian

- "Headquarters" - At least one Czech, and one American

- James Stephen's squad leader - Chernarussian

- Generic CDF infantry

- Generic Czech SF soldier

- Chris Peterson's two squad members

- Generic American medic

- Generic Takistani civilians & guerrillas - Persian/Arabic, speaks "broken English"

Filled:

- Chris Peterson - American Delta Force character

- Colonel Aziz - Main antagonist, Persian/Arabic, speaks English

If you're interested in any role, send me a PM or post here with the role(s) you wish to play and I'll get back to you ASAP. Please do send applications even if you don't speak the preferred language of the character so long as you can speak English. Obviously, you will all be properly credited in the campaign credits. :)

Thanks guys!

Edited by Zipper5