Sign in to follow this  
Zipper5

Zipper5's Missions

So if you don't have it expect to see some errors. :p

... atleast until I shove a bugreport up his face and force him to fix it :yay:

edit:

(14:19) Zipper5:

yes, unless that happens

Yup, seems that I fixed the issue. I've released a hotfix v0.15.

Yup, seems that I fixed the issue. I've released a hotfix v0.15.

Is it a more thorough hotfix? :p

Played both the new missions, enjoyed them both, particularly Black Gold. Looking forward to more!

Black Gold is the first Zipper5 mission i played and it's not going to be my last. You did an awesome job Zipper keep it up :)

Oh and how did you get the "Czech SF squad" to use their primary weapons ?

Because all they do is switch to their handguns when i try making missions with them.

Please let me know if you have any commands to make them stop the handgun switching.

Black Gold is the first Zipper5 mission i played and it's not going to be my last. You did an awesome job Zipper keep it up :)

Oh and how did you get the "Czech SF squad" to use their primary weapons ?

Because all they do is switch to their handguns when i try making missions with them.

Please let me know if you have any commands to make them stop the handgun switching.

I just removed their hand guns entirely. :p

I got very annoyed at that too, so this is the command I used to get rid of them at the start of the mission:

// Remove the AI's retardation-enducing pistols
{_x removeWeapon "glock17_EP1"; _x removeMagazines "17Rnd_9x19_glock17"} forEach [cz2, cz3, cz4, cz5, cz6, ger1, ger2, ger3, ger4, ger5, ger6];

And thanks, glad you enjoyed it. You should check out my campaign Operation Cobalt if you own Arma 2. I'm more proud with how that turned out than this. :p

I don't think they won't work at all if you don't have Combined Operations. Cole tested them with just OA and the only error he got was about a missing flag marker. The missions themselves went fine. Try it, it might work.

Ooh, I see what happened. We were using the 0.2 version of Black Gold. :) Now I see it's SP, that's cool.

Remember the epilogue to Operation Cobalt...

OA_camp_teaser_1_th.jpg

;)

Edited by Zipper5

I just removed their hand guns entirely. :p

I got very annoyed at that too, so this is the command I used to get rid of them at the start of the mission:

// Remove the AI's retardation-enducing pistols
{_x removeWeapon "glock17_EP1"; _x removeMagazines "17Rnd_9x19_glock17"} forEach [cz2, cz3, cz4, cz5, cz6, ger1, ger2, ger3, ger4, ger5, ger6];

And thanks, glad you enjoyed it. You should check out my campaign Operation Cobalt if you own Arma 2. I'm more proud with how that turned out than this. :p

Dude i downloaded all you're awesome missions and the Campaign last night, I went to bed late because i was playing Op-Cobalt (Hope you make one for OA) :D

And thank you so much for the "no pistols" command :yay:

This bug was driving me f@cking nuts, Hope they fix it.

Just had a bash at your First two OA mission.

'Black gold' was great, really struggled untill I realized that the 'Ready' action menu was to set the KSK going, may need to mention it in the briefing, for slow people like me ;)

One suggestion: if you still have the Landy available at the end of the mission (ie. not destroyed) may I suggest extracting with it, as leaving an expensive piece of kit on the battlefield doesn't really make sense.

The KSK could secure and depart with the hostages in the Chinook, while the CZ drive out, unless Landy is destroyed, in which case everyone flies out.

'Scud Valley' so far is really tough, (taking the town approach) mainly because friendly AI cant do anything right amongst the numerous rocks and sharp faces, whereas the enemy don't seem to have the same problem.

Their engagement range also is just not as good, so they quickly get picked off.

Once I get down into the valley, it gets pretty CQB which is fun.

Cheers for these.

E

I'm playing SCUD valley and can't use the scope on the SCAR. While impressed I can use the iron sights on top, it makes it kind of difficult to snipe :p

Is there any way I can use the scope again? It is still attached.

I remember the epilogue to cobalt Zipper. Good call mate. Looking forward to it.

It's a whole new campaign for Combined Operations. ;)

I'm playing SCUD valley and can't use the scope on the SCAR. While impressed I can use the iron sights on top, it makes it kind of difficult to snipe :p

Is there any way I can use the scope again? It is still attached.

You need to press / on the numpad to change view ports. The red dot sight on top of the scope should still be there unless you're using a mod that stops it.

It's a whole new campaign for Combined Operations. ;)

You need to press / on the numpad to change view ports. The red dot sight on top of the scope should still be there unless you're using a mod that stops it.

Thanks! Now I can use scoped weapons in close quarters :D

I echo the thank you for the lil tidbit on how to just remove the handgun to force them to keep their primary. hi5, check 6.

Figured that since I'm on holiday without acess to my PC or OA, I'd give you some other information that I have yet to release.

I have an upcoming campaign in the works as a sequel to Operation Cobalt, called

Blood On The Sand

It will follow the son of the geologist killed in Karzeghistan before the conflict in Takistan becme inflamed. His father's killers were revealed to have been Takistani soldiers operating under direct orders from Colonel Aziz, the ruthless dictator of Takisan.

He signed on to the Chernarussian Defence Forces in hope that he'd be able to play a part in Aziz's downfall and get revenge for his father's murder, but the CDF were deployed to Takistan as part of a peacekeeping effort, rather than a combat force. He now faces the confliction of being so full of anger towards the people he's now being forced to help.

You will play as part of the CDF UN Peacekeeping force in Takistan, as well as possible other characters, which I will not yet reveal, as the story progresses. The conflict in Takistan will grow from guerilla warfare to fully blown conventional warfare after certain developments occur further into the campaign, and control is handed over to NATO forces by the UN, switching the CDF to a combat role.

Again, like Operation Cobalt, the main basis for this campaign will be the Opeation Arrowhead campaign's storyline, but will be my own adaptation as well as "expansion" of it, and will require only Combined Operations. I plan on making the campaign longer than Operation Cobalt, but it shouldn't take anywhere near as long to complete thanks to my much higher levels of motivation after it's success. I can only hope to maintain or even surpass the quality you all have come to expect thanks to Operaton Cobalt.

More information and other media will be coming once I get back from holidays on August 16th. Stay tuned. :)