Sign in to follow this  
Zipper5

Zipper5's Missions

Thanks guys. You might see some more, definitely better SP missions from me in the future before I finish Blood On The Sand.

Keeping the SP missions under wraps right now. ;)

Figured that since, at the moment, I don't have a whole lot to show you guys, I'd at least show you the new logo for the campaign:

bots_small.png

Work on the campaign is progressing at a great rate. The first two missions are already in beta state and I'm hard at work on the cutscenes, as well as continuing on to the third mission. I plan for the campaign to be at least longer than Cobalt was, but how much longer it'll be is yet to be seen. I should have some teaser material coming soon for the campaign, so stay tuned.

Edited by Zipper5

I can already tell from the logo that this campaign will be one to watch and play :dancehead:

;)

Can't wait for new campaign. Cobalt kicked ass.

How much exactly?

Played Black Gold today. Everything went well. I did get left behind by the chopper though when I ordered my squad to board it while I carried an AI squadmate to the chopper. Guess the pilot didnt want to wait for me because he took off with the rest of the squad aboard. Mission didnt finish and the chopper wouldnt land again to pick me up.

I'd like to apologize first, Sunrayn. Those missions have caused me many issues since I first drew up the concepts for them. They were failed experiments to see if I could make one mission SP and MP compatible, but I scratched that idea after it became ridiculously complex. They're not anywhere near my usual standards and still have issues, but I don't think I'll ever fix them as it's simply not worth it in my opinion.

I've moved them into a small spoiler-concealed category at the bottom of the first post in case anyone wishes to try them. They're not completely broken, but they do screw up sometimes. Sorry. :butbut:

No need to apologize. Black Gold was fun to play, rescued the hostages, got my squad aboard the chopper, went back for a wounded team mate (he died carrying him to the chopper), pilot couldnt wait for whatever reason and took off without me.

Mission was a success, even if it didnt technically end.

It's that time again:

bots_promo_1_th.jpg

A UN convoy races to evacuate residents from towns around Takistan's southern airfield.

In terms of a campaign progress update, it's going very well. All of the cutscenes and missions up to the third are finished, and the third mission itself is progressing nicely. I've also begun work on the fourth mission.

More teasers are on the way. :D

Edited by Zipper5

bots_promo_2_th.jpg

UN forces retreat from an ambush in the town of Loy Manara.

Campaign's going very well, the 4th mission's almost finished. I may release what I've done so far for beta testing in the near future, so stay tuned if you're interested in trying it out. Also, I'm unsure at the moment if I should or should not use the BAF DLC in the campaign. What do you guys think?

Edited by Zipper5

Add BAF units if they suit the campaign. Maybe it will create more income for BIS. ;)

Can anyone tell me where I can d/l the User Mission, Town Contact, and will it work with ARMA2 OA? Thanks.

Can anyone tell me where I can d/l the User Mission, Town Contact, and will it work with ARMA2 OA? Thanks.

Why are you asking that here? :confused:

Town Contact was only officially made for ArmA. There's not been any public release of it for Arma 2, nor OA.

Ironically, in this case, I had made a private Arma 2 conversion on Utes a while ago for The.D, and he made his own modifications to it, but I don't know if it's still around.

Edited by Zipper5

Add BAF units if they suit the campaign. Maybe it will create more income for BIS. ;)

:yeahthat:

Looking forward to the new Camp!

I guess you'll be glad to note then that the campaign will be even longer with the inclusion of the BAF DLC. ;)

I guess you'll be glad to note then that the campaign will be even longer with the inclusion of the BAF DLC. ;)

:yay::yay::yay:

Why are you asking that here? :confused:

Town Contact was only officially made for ArmA. There's not been any public release of it for Arma 2, nor OA.

Ironically, in this case, I had made a private Arma 2 conversion on Utes a while ago for The.D, and he made his own modifications to it, but I don't know if it's still around.

Well I've only just started playing the game and was looking for a SP map to play. In another thread someone mentioned your map, Town Contact, so in looking for your Maps I came across this thread, so decided to take a chance and ask here. I'm not into MP so am fairly keen to find more SP maps.