Sign in to follow this  
Zipper5

Zipper5's Missions

Well, as promised, here are the first two missions. Really, the only thing that isn't finalized is the sound work. There are no voices, but there are subtitles of what is being said, and I need to find some sound effects. However, the missions themselves, as well as the cutscenes, are finished. So, don't hesitate to report on any issues or (constructive) criticisms you have. I'm very appreciative of either.

Without further ado:

Enjoy. :)

Awesome! Gonna download these and give them a run. By the way Zipper, check your PM's mate ;).

The next mission in the campaign is nearing completion, and, of course, I figured I should give you all a small teaser image of things to come. Expect to see the mission soon.

teaser5_th.jpg

Edited by Zipper5

Another teaser, just to wet your appetite :D :

teaser6_th.jpg

Edited by Zipper5

Zipper, your teasers are getting more and more out of hand. :crazy:

There's a reason for it being so blurry, Celery. You'll see why if you play the new mission. ;)

And, as promised, here is the next update for the campaign:

Changelog:

v0.2:

- Now in campaign format

- Devil's Castle: removed floating hanging victims

- Fixed typos

- Added one new mission: Turning Point

Enjoy. :)

Thank you - great mini-campaign! :)

Only thing I didnt like is this countdown feature - would be more interesting to see what happen if the main character is on his own with the radio to communicate... with Papa Bear. ;)

Or will he surrender, find the way to friendly troops or disappear from battlefield as civilian?

Lol, it's funny, that countdown feature is how I responded to issues in my last campaign about forced endings causing people to lose their saved games. Now I give them enough time to load to a different part, as the mission is failed and won't be accomplished. The missions are basically set up to allow some freedom, which you will see more of in the coming missions, but still follow how I originally designed it.

Glad you like it, though.

I'd also like to point out that this is not the finished product. There are still 3 or 4 missions on the way, which will be added when they are in a testable state. There will also be updates made to the current missions depending on the feedback received.

Edited by Zipper5

I am still patiently waiting for your final release...hehehe... dun wanna break the suspense by playing beta yet. :)

The campaign is total comparable with the official campaigns.A good storyline,good ambient,good cutscene....cannot wait for the its final edition.And hey Zipper5, if you need chinese dubbing, just contact me, although currently it's unecessary,lollllll

The campaign is total comparable with the official campaigns.A good storyline,good ambient,good cutscene....cannot wait for the its final edition.And hey Zipper5, if you need chinese dubbing, just contact me, although currently it's unecessary,lollllll

If you want to voice act in missions and campaigns, please join this forum group! :)

Really Really good Missions so far!

You must keep on making this stuff...!

Didnt played any better SP Mission yet-.

yes, very professional, especially the cutscenes.

a lot of references to ofp.

Hi Zipper

I just played thru Operation Cobalt, thanks great job, and nice cutscenes.

On the second mission "Turning point" I had a few problems,

first, i chose to drive the uaz west through zelenogorsk, so I missed the ambush, and I got all the way to the destinations, and was stuck (cant get out of uaz)...

and second, when i was in the tower, i shot grenades at the badguys from the cutscene and they didnt die...

anyway good job

B

:)

Yeesh, did you take the long way or what? :p

I'll think about putting something along the route to Zelenogorsk which stops the player from going there.

Also, as you may have noticed, you are told not to attack them, as you'll die. However, I forgot to check if the player has fired his weapon. Right now it only checks if you're within a certain distance of the town. Thanks, though. I'll add that in the next release.

Edited by Zipper5

Don't worry, many more missions are on the way. ;)

Since I haven't given an update on my progress for a little while, I thought that it's time I tell you what's been going on. Progress on the next mission has been going great, and it should be finished soon. However, I believe the next update will include two new missions instead of one, and will have more fixes to the previous ones. In the mean time, here's a trailer I made for the next mission in the campaign. Enjoy:

tRRQ66KR_v0

It may take a while to process, but should be in full HD 720p quality when it does. ;)