vilas

VILAS addons release thread

It's not a hard thing to add if you already have MLODs but I'd be happy to help. In fact I've been meaning to ask you Vilas if you would be prepared to allow me to use some of your East weapons to complete that project?

Idea is that it should be a drop-in replacement for the A2 weapons just as though BIS had upgraded them to OA standards and without adding any new classes or dependencies. I've achieved most all that can be done with the ArmA Sample Models and there are many significant types still missing a CQB sight position which happen to be very well done in your pack. I mean specifically the AK-107, PKP/Pecheng & Vintorez. If I was to add CQB sights and perhaps TI maps to yours would you allow me to include them in an anzins_weapons_vilas.pbo?

Obviously you'd be most welcome to have the amended versions back as well (not sure if you've added these features to the current version of you pack already).

Nice work vilas. Is there any works in for updating the vehicles for OA? There are issues useing your tanks and all heavy armor vehicles, when shooting main guns or any other type of guns on the vehicles there is no smoke from the barrels. Crazy thing is when i play on ArmA 2 maps there is smoke from the barrels and they work fine. Why is that?

Excellent weapons. Almost makes Robert Hammer's weapons looks like plastic toys, and I'm sure many will agree.

I don't know if you are working on a Panzerfaust 44mm 'Lanze' for P85, but if you are, I have some pictures and information for you.

lepzfstbergen1.jpg

dbweblange11.jpg

dbwebkrause21.jpg

pzf2444.jpg

pzf44.jpg

The pdf file contains instructions for the use of the PzF44 and some detailed pictures of the components (in german).

http://rapidshare.com/files/451290607/3_16.pdf

yes, i will do PZF for P85 (currently soldiers are in progress)

Hmm, in the latest version of your AK pack, it would seem that some AKs have lost their recoil outright.

Also, I cannot get the AKM/PBS to fire at all. Interestingly, it has semi/burst/full auto trigger groups.

Love your work though, bud!

but you meant Xeno426 config version ? (this from archive with _X.7z )

cause i had no even time to check all config, Xeno wanted make it the way that sound mods will work with this (so used inheritances of default BIS classes)

in this case when Xeno will know all issues , he can update config and i will update addon (on my forum i said it was not tested by me because of lack of time, even now i have week without my Arma-PC) so i must trust into what my cooperators deliver me

yes, i will do PZF for P85 (currently soldiers are in progress)

Glad to hear you are working on one! :)

Do you have any plans for a static version of the MILAN launcher? Shouldn't be too hard to implement since there's already one modeled on the Marder.

Is there an reason why most of the armor heavy vehicles weapons dont have smoke coming from there barrels when shooting? Its when your shooting its like blanks, no smoke but you do hear the sound.

Hmm, in the latest version of your AK pack, it would seem that some AKs have lost their recoil outright.

Also, I cannot get the AKM/PBS to fire at all. Interestingly, it has semi/burst/full auto trigger groups.

Love your work though, bud!

Which AKs have lost their recoil?

Can you be more specific as to which AKs have no recoil? The AK-107 and AEK have very little recoil to start with.

Well, I feel the tool. The reason for that is because I forgot to include the ammo that the gun is supposed to use. :j:

BTW, if you have my previous Vilas weapons Pack Update, delete it, as those changes have been folded into this version of Vilas' weapons pack.

Excellent stuff!

Will there be a script updated version of the westerni weapon package as well?

-k

Can you be more specific as to which AKs have no recoil? The AK-107 and AEK have very little recoil to start with.

No worries with the AEK, I understand it has its own counterforce antirecoil system.

I dunno about the 105, 107, RPK74 and AK74 + variants. I understand that they too have recoil mitigation systems in place, but it seems odd that they have less ingame recoil than the AEK - I can only speak from scanning Youtube, mind - but shouldn't they have at least as much recoil as the AEK, if not a smidge more? It doesn't feel like you are even firing them at the moment, which led me to say that they have no recoil (I see that they do have a minute amount).

Secondly, it appears there is a discrepancy between the cyclic rates of the AK74s and AKS74s. The S versions take about half a second longer to empty their magazines on full auto. I reckon taking a look through to make sure the reloadtime is the same for all 74 variants would be prudent. Also, the AKSU and AKSUN are firing at different cyclic rates.

Thirdly, there is a decided difference in recoil between the S and standard AK74 variants - whether or not this is to account for the skeleton butt, I'm not sure. Funnily enough, the AKS74 with plum polymer has the same recoil as the stock AK74 (almost none), whereas the the AKS74 with wood kicks like a champ. Perhaps an inheritance problem.

I do not profess to be an expert in Eastern weapons, so feel free to rebut the above. :)

EDIT - One last request - it'd be nice to see the original PK get a makeover. It looks a bit inferior to the PKM at the moment, with niggly things like the belt not buggering off when it runs out of ammo, and the feed cover not opening during reload, etc. Perhaps take the PKM and work "backwards" in time? :)

Edited by CameronMcDonald

Xeno will fix config

i would try to fix belts in my machineguns (here and P85) but only my problem is lack of time

since some months i see PC (this Arma-PC) 2 days a week for some hours only (real life busy, family life etc.)

and thanx to people like Dimitrii or Xeno, Yyhrs i can spend my time on models (otherwise i would had muuuuch slower progress on updating anything)

No worries, mate. :)

I reckon you should ditch the current PK model. Take your PKM model, and just change the tip of the barrel, receiver and top cover. Would save oodles of time.

Plus I love kitting that old piece of weaponry out to the insurgents. ;)

but shouldn't they have at least as much recoil as the AEK, if not a smidge more? It doesn't feel like you are even firing them at the moment, which led me to say that they have no recoil (I see that they do have a minute amount).

The recoil for all the AK-74M, AK-47 and AK-74 variants are the same as their vanilla counterparts; any mod that changes vanilla recoil will affect Vilas' versions, as they inherit their recoil from the vanilla guns. There are a few exceptions; AN-94, AKMS PBS-1, Vikhr, 9A-91 and OC-14 Groza have their own recoil values. The AKs firing NATO rounds (AR-M1, M80A, AK-101) have the same recoil as the vanilla AK-74. What's more, the recoil values Vilas had in his original code were the exact same as the vanilla recoil values.

Secondly, it appears there is a discrepancy between the cyclic rates of the AK74s and AKS74s. The S versions take about half a second longer to empty their magazines on full auto. I reckon taking a look through to make sure the reloadtime is the same for all 74 variants would be prudent. Also, the AKSU and AKSUN are firing at different cyclic rates.

The fire rate of all AK variants are the same as their vanilla counterparts, as that data is simply inherited. The M80A, AR-M1 and AK-101 have a rate of fire of 600 rpm. The AKS-74U inherits from the AKS_74_U, while the AKS-74UN inherits from the AKS_74_UN_kobra.

Thirdly, there is a decided difference in recoil between the S and standard AK74 variants - whether or not this is to account for the skeleton butt, I'm not sure. Funnily enough, the AKS74 with plum polymer has the same recoil as the stock AK74 (almost none), whereas the the AKS74 with wood kicks like a champ. Perhaps an inheritance problem.

AKS variants inherit from the AK_47_S; AKM/AK-47 variants inherit from AK_47_M. AK-74 and AKS-74 (but not AKS-74U) variants all inherit from the AK_74. The primary difference between the AK-74 and AKS-74 variants are bullet dispersion, even in the vanilla BIS code.

In the BIS code, the only difference between the AKM and AKS-47 are name, model and library entry. All other values (recoil, dispersion, fire rate) are the same between the two. Are you running any other mods that might be changing the vanilla guns?

why BIS made different dispersion between AKM and AKMS ? or maybe they wanted simulate AKS47 (but model looks like AKMS because of receiver)

in case of AK47 just recoil should be little bigger than AKMS (which has recoil device at the end of barrel) but from other side it is lighter for over half kilogram (so maybe kick diffrent) i had no occasion fire both (i was young and i don't remember AKMS, but i never touched "47" cause it was phased out in 60s)

nevermind that, i hope we will find sollutions for Cameron's problems with this pack

in case of AK47 just recoil should be little bigger than AKMS (which has recoil device at the end of barrel) but from other side it is lighter for over half kilogram (so maybe kick diffrent)

Weight plays a big role in kick, so that may be the reason. The difference between the two isn't that much.

In any case, installing a mod that makes the recoil and dispersion of the vanilla guns realistic will likewise affect Vilas' guns, so I think that would be the best solution. My reasoning behind this is that it provides options for the user; those who want generally vanilla-style gameplay with Vilas' stuff will be happy, and those that want more realistic ballistics etc. can get a mod to fix the vanilla game and Vilas' weapons will be likewise affected.

The different recoil of ak and akm should hardly be able to be felt.

Edited by DiFool

Hey Cameron, I tested some of the weapons you were talking about and I couldn't find any issues with the recoil. Try running without mods to see if you can find which one is causing it.

I've been helping Xeno test out the config changes and noticed that the SKS could use a new sound, so I went ahead and did that. Take a look at the comparison:

(watch in 720p for better sound quality)

CpsoWpNeE7g

Edited by GossamerSolid

Interestingly enough, it appears that the Vilas_AKs_BISSounds.pbo is causing the recoil dodginess for me. Might warrant further investigation.

...big fan of that new SKS sound too. :)