vilas

VILAS addons release thread

just noticed one thing with p85. I know i am nitpicking but..

there is no waist adjustment tab on the bdu. It was there before the '90s i think.. It is present on the Hot weather bdu (HWBDU) and not the Enhanced Hot Weather BDU (EHWBDU (i think?)).

IMG_9372.jpg

it's not a big deal but can you add it ?

That band was present on only certain brands of BDUs. Not necessarily the type.

on reuests of Russian community i will put back RACS, SLA from 1985 too

very cool. Does this include the militia/police units as well?

+ reskins for some countries depending if Vasmkd or Topas will have time for MERDC painting

oh yeah! I was hoping for some MERDC painted vehicles for so long. Please guys, find some time to make these skins :D

lookin forward to the new P85 stuff

*snip*

Things are looking very nice; could you make the India/Pakistan units have Takistan faces and voices? Would be appreciated, cheers. ;)

as Racs'85, SLA'85 and CDF'85 will be in P85 (on community members requests) i updated them a little :

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/5507/111yfk.jpg

RACS get old Belgian pouches for FAL (leather pouches will be for King's guards as more elite and more elegant)

SLA gets Bulgarian camo (probably will be armed in mix of Romanian and Yugo AK

CDF as now has old Polish camo from 1960 (very very similar to CSLA one) and will be armed in Soviet weapons + OA Sa 58 + RPD

i hope in few weeks community will have OA compatible version with independent addons of fractions (than if someone wants he would download only one country or two countries)

Hey vilas, P85 updates are looking great.

P85 is going to be OA compatible, backpacks and such like

each country will be independent (troops) so as some part of community requested

How about 1985 Canadian Army troops on Bluefor :)

P85 aims in central Europe conflict + US forces as they were stationing in Europe during Cold War

so Canadians would not been dropped here , more probably in future Danish forces, as cold war doctrine of Warsaw Pact planned that Poland will attack Denmark in case of WW3 (probably because they were not producing enough Egon Olsen gang comedies )

but RACS in olive in English cut of pockets with FAL, M16A1, MAG could play similar to Canadians role

i can make RACS'85 more Canadian (details of equipment)

Edited by vilas

How about 1985 Canadian Army troops on Bluefor :)

It would pretty much be the Olive Drab green units with a few minor adjustments. ;)

It would pretty much be the Olive Drab green units with a few minor adjustments. ;)

Whatever needs to be done to make it so :)

but what minor changes ? ref pics please

but what minor changes ? ref pics please

From the 1990s: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/fc/Canadian_Diemaco_C7A1.JPEG

From the 1990s: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1f/Canadian_C9A1_LMG.JPEG

From the 1990s: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/74/Canada_C7A1.jpg

From the 1990s: http://thepirata.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/shaney_komulainen.jpg

From the 1980s: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ec/Canadian_soldier_with_C2_DA-SC-84-02213.JPEG

Looks like they didn't wear any camouflage throughout the 1980s and 1990s. Just olive drab green uniforms with a subdued Maple leaf flag on the shoulders and an FN FAL rifle should do the trick.

Looks like they didn't wear any camouflage throughout the 1980s and 1990s. Just olive drab green uniforms with a subdued Maple leaf flag on the shoulders and an FN FAL rifle should do the trick.

The Canadian Airborne Regiment used to wear a smock with a DPM-type camouflage but with a different arrangement of colours from the mid-70s until the unit was disbanded in the mid-90s. IIRC the Canadian stuff switches the green brush-strokes and tan base colour around so that the tan appears more dominant than on British DPM.

Other units wore OD up until the introduction of CADPAT.

my RACS have British cut of pockets , it is olive so should be okay as presented on screen alredy

i can give Woodland or ERDL on helmet

Edited by vilas

Maybe add the C2 7.62 LMG to West Weapons pack as well for the Canadian Soldiers?

As far as I see, it's basically a FN FAL with a bipod, bigger clip as well I believe. I might be wrong though.

no, C2 is not FAL with bipod and 30rnd mag

sight is different (like in Russian weapons)

Hey Vilas, have you considered adding any more units to the UK Forces? Such as Royal Marines or SAS/SBS?

i would consider if i had time to add more

now main goal is to have it (what exist) Comb.Ops. compatible and without bugs in C.O.

from new things for sure will be Nogova 85 soldier (colored dark green to match OFP RES Nogova Policeman somehow), RACS, SLA soldiers (i resigned from CDF, cause ... i forget that Chernarus'85 idea is former USSR republic ... so... it not existed before 1991), Takistani 85 soldier (in uniform from Saddam's era Iraq)

about UK:

i had skin for paratrooper and infantryman (buttons vs nips and zip)

i have Mk 5 helmet

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/3917/111scn.jpg

this i can do (multiply classes )

but no time for any jets, helis and such like new things in this upcoming release (dividing one pack to several packs already takes time)

Edited by vilas

Hey Vilas,

since you are updating the P85 content to AO standards, I would like to add some more wishes/suggestions. Some of them can be done with config changes only.

- add real NV instead of a greenish sight to the soviet weapons with NV devices already existing (like the AKS-74 with NSPU in AO)

- add NV devices to some western weapons like the M16, G3 and L1A1

- add the RPG-16 launcher from your eastern weapon pack to P85

- add new magazines for the M79. It's quiet unusable for the AI now, since they claim to be out of ammo all the time. The Unsung mod solved this problem by changing the class of the grenades (or in this case a grenade bag) from secondary to primary weapons class.

- at least two armies (Western and Eastern Germany) lack of grenade launchers. Since they did not use any under barrel grenade launchers, maybe you could add one G3 and one MPi-KM 72 capable of firing rifle grenades. Would be good for balancing these two nations with others.

Thanks for the great work so far! :)

- add real NV instead of a greenish sight to the soviet weapons with NV devices already existing (like the AKS-74 with NSPU in AO)

I made an addon that updates most of the optics in Vilas' East Weapons pack to use OA's 'class OpticsModes' (so NVGs don't work with telescopic sights, added proper NV optics for NSPU etc), without changing or overwriting vil_aks. If Vilas is interested, I'd be more than happy to pass the addon over to him to adapt for P85 or future versions of his weapon pack.

I didn't attempt to incorporate secondary sights (NUM /) as that'd require vilas to add the relevant memory points to the weapon models. This is the main reason I kept the addon to myself so far - didn't think there'd be much interest without full use of OA optics modes.

I started on one for vil_wwp too, but I don't think I've finished it.

about UK:

i had skin for paratrooper and infantryman (buttons vs nips and zip)

i have Mk 5 helmet

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/3917/111scn.jpg

this i can do (multiply classes )

but no time for any jets, helis and such like new things in this upcoming release (dividing one pack to several packs already takes time)

Sounds good :bounce3:

Hello, Vilas!

I am using nearly all of your addons and enjoy the realism and detail-level. Especially the polish units are great.

I don't know if this has already been reported but the ALICE ammo pouches are a bit to large and sit to low. The attachment lugs are in the lower 3rd of the pouches. I would guess they are 10-15% oversized, look more like M14 pouches currently.

I really like the new US units with the LBV. I really would love to see more of them, especially a Machinegunner with large ammo pouches on belt and an Officer/Squad Leader with hipholster.

This would also be a great addition to other units (Brits, Russians could use an SVD gunner with correct pouches, and so on).

I know you have a lot to do and a load of requests...

At least I am sure you like what you do ;)

Edit: Do you plan to add an M-17M/MD (aka Mi-171), even some western armies rented some of these (namely the Canadians for A-Stan, as well as others).

Edited by SIG21_Surgeon

@ Fingolfin - right, good suggestions , only bothers me how real is BIS reticle (MAAWs, NSPU, AN PVS4)

M16 in P85 have AN PVS4 since 2009 (Arma1)

@ da12thMonkey- please register on my forum, there we can talk more detailed in regards of any w.i.p. process

@ SIG21_Surgeon - they are made as weapon holders, not as US addon (their job is to hold my weapons , they are "bonus units" to weapon pack) i was thinking about giving them to another person who would care about US addon (i must talk to Lennard as he deals with US addons of 90s or Binkowski , because of lack of time i had no occasion to chat last weeks , but those US units were made to hold my weapons , otherwise i should do separate US Army addon )

but now finishing P85 update is first goal to reach