vilas

VILAS addons release thread

PLCE webbing?

Nay, '58 Pattern webbing.

PLCE was still in development during 1985. It didn't become commonplace until the beginning on the 1990s when the khaki version was issued (prior to the current CS95, DPM version).

Units with the prototype PLCE wouldn't be that appropriate unless vilas decides to throw an L85A1 into P85.

@vilas: I'll register and send you a PM with the config I've done.

@ SIG21_Surgeon - they are made as weapon holders, not as US addon (their job is to hold my weapons , they are "bonus units" to weapon pack) i was thinking about giving them to another person who would care about US addon (i must talk to Lennard as he deals with US addons of 90s or Binkowski , because of lack of time i had no occasion to chat last weeks , but those US units were made to hold my weapons , otherwise i should do separate US Army addon )

Well, thats sad, for me at last...

You really have some nice units here and a lot of stuff no one else is doing.

However I completly understand your are busy with other stuff, I thought it would not be to much work but I am no 3d-Artist ;)

Thanks anyway!

but maybe those units will come from Lennard or Binkowski as US Army or Marines addon in woodland

you can use folder (folder name , inside folder another folder named addons) with specific name and start game with parameter :

path to arma.exe -mod=foldername

or simply by throwing files into addons folder in game directory

Hi Vilas

A quick request. Any chance you could make a version of the G3A3 with GL that does not have the GL post sight raised in first person view?

but this GL sight is used to aim GL, so removing this would make rifle more useless or i would have to use somekind of "cursor" than

i know it spoils aiming in not-GL fire, but how can i avoid it (in this game engine there is no "opening GL sights" when entered GL mode )

but this GL sight is used to aim GL, so removing this would make rifle more useless or i would have to use somekind of "cursor" than

i know it spoils aiming in not-GL fire, but how can i avoid it (in this game engine there is no "opening GL sights" when entered GL mode )

I understand what you are saying Vilas, It is just distracting for my that's all.

Thanks for replying :)

First of all, i must say your weapon is just great.

But I just don't understand. Why is so? For RPK-74M you use perfect black color for plastic parts, for new AK-74M FSB variants you use perfect color, but for ordinary AK-74M and GP variant it's grey? No offence if it sounded rude, i'm not good in english, so my vocabulary is limited.

I may be wrong, but some of those models might be old ones that Vilas originally made for ArmA1, so their textures could probably use an update. I think the SKS is a good example.

I would say that the 40mm is attached TO THE RIFLE and not the other way around. Meaning. I'd rather have easy to use RIFLESIGHTS than accurate grenade sights. In arma2 launching 40mm's usually comes down to training/instinct more than it does the sighting system.

-k

In arma2 launching 40mm's usually comes down to training/instinct more than it does the sighting system.

And that's not very satisfying. Especially when using the GL aiming is very difficult and you don't have that much ammo.

First of all, i must say your weapon is just great.

But I just don't understand. Why is so? For RPK-74M you use perfect black color for plastic parts, for new AK-74M FSB variants you use perfect color, but for ordinary AK-74M and GP variant it's grey? No offence if it sounded rude, i'm not good in english, so my vocabulary is limited.

If I had to guess it's because Vilas's body of work spans several years, and 3 different game iterations. So both Vilas's skill, and the renderer has changed over time.

Xeno and other people work on config, so as this config will be ready i will also darken textures of AK74M , simply it was not darkened enough

regarding this G3 sight, probably for gaming reasons i will double G3 HK79 to 2 versions with "real but annoying" and "closed but for game fun" sight

but at the moment i started uploaing (290 MB, 1.5 h left) Polish pack update cause finally i learned (thanx to Solus) to make animated magazine:

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/4486/11111fef.jpg

so next turn will be this AK74 and west pack (when configs fixes will be finished) or P85 troops update (when configs will be ready , cause P85 will be divided for countries )

community requested "independent fractions" , so P85 troops was divided to:

- USSR (finally i made "vesmeshok" ugly Soviet rucksack bag too)

- USA+UK

- Poland (including Militia/Police of cold war)

- both Germany (3 models of backpacks )

- SLA/RACS/FIA/Nogova

but it takes time too (testing backpacks as one example, preparing Comb.Ops. compatibility)

big thanx for my cooperants which hard work on configs allow me to focus my time on other things and without whose i would not be able to prepare this updates

Edited by vilas

Hey awesome, bud. :) Keep up the hard work - I've got a very special place in my heart for your AK variants. Best evoar.

regarding this G3 sight, probably for gaming reasons i will double G3 HK79 to 2 versions with "real but annoying" and "closed but for game fun" sight

:D Your a Champ Vilas Thanks.

and an update to the best AK pack of all time sounds great as well cheers :bounce3:

regarding this G3 sight, probably for gaming reasons i will double G3 HK79 to 2 versions with "real but annoying" and "closed but for game fun" sighthttp://img28.imageshack.us/img28/4486/11111fef.jpg

Hey Vilas... You know that since OA it is possible two have two sights on one weapon, switchable by a keypress? Now that would be the best solution here, I guess.

Cheers,

D.

10% darker AK74M plastik okay, done

reworked 5.45 muzzle device (remodelled)

Comb.Ops config by XENO426 and Da12monkey (sorry i even had no time to test this ) plus new icons and such like features, YET it is not INKO compatible (will be in future, cause i would have to change models , but because i am last months out of free time so i couldn't do it this week , as probably this week i won't touch my Arma-PC )

http://www.createforum.com/vilas/viewtopic.php?p=1546&mforum=vilas#1546

http://www.armaholic.eu/vilas/other/vilas_aks_x.7z yet i am not replacing old addon version cause it was not tested by more people and old addon will remain for all non-ComOps users

so you can test it if you wish (only ComOps, not vanila) , Xeno can tell further details (as sound mods and such like) and for those who not read before and use Polish addon i remind that Polish pack was updated too (by animating ammo magazines, Udaloy anim for SPIKE ATGM fixed and flashlights for Beryl, submachineguns , currently uploading, hour left)

Edited by vilas

Hey Vilas... You know that since OA it is possible two have two sights on one weapon, switchable by a keypress? Now that would be the best solution here, I guess.

Cheers,

D.

Yep, that's a really cool feature of OA. Defunkt created a mod for the BIS weapons, so if this idea interests Vilas contacting Defunkt would be a great idea.

Xeno can tell further details (as sound mods and such like)

In general, custom Vilas sounds were removed with the following exceptions:

• Silenced Groza OC-14
  • SKS
  • AS Val
  • Silenced 9A-91
  • AKMS PBS-1
  • AK-101
  • Silenced SV-98
  • AN-94
  • APS/APB Stetchkin
  • RPG-22
  • RPG-26
  • RPG-29

The reason for this is so that people can use sound mods (like JSRS) with Vilas's mods.

Edited by Xeno426