vilas

VILAS addons release thread

Not sure if you know' date=' but the pouches are preplaced, ie, not molle.

they go in this order as well:

Top - double mag pouch (30 rnd)

Middle- single mag pouch (30 rnd)

Bottom - grenade pouch

here's some pics of my lbv88 if you need some more refs

IMG_9363.jpg

IMG_9362.jpg

[/color]god i hated that vest...... keep some 550 handy cause the laces always broke during IMT

Almost. The mag pockets are slanted, just slant them inwards and it's perfect

Hello Vilas!

It seems the name for the AKMS + GP-25 in the readme file of the eastern weapons pack is wrong.

Is there a chance you could add the AKM/AKMS variants with plastic magazines from Project 85 to your eastern weapon pack? They would fit perfect to johncages' russians.

Thx!

Vilas,

Thank you for all the addons that you keep adding to this game! I haven't been following the game for a while and just downloaded your stuff and WOW... Impressive! You've been busy :)

I noticed a strange behaviour of the AI manned BMP-2M. It was fighting the Bradley and after it destroyed it with AP fire, it kept on shooting the burning Bradley. While doing so it completely ignored the other enemy APC's and got blown up by another Bradley. Can you look into that please.

Also, I keep getting CTD when I try to get in into empty Kraz. I was playing as a GRU Spetsnaz guy addon, but not yours.

Last thing. If one day you will finish making all the addons that you want to make and you run out of ideas, could you please look into ground air defense for this game. We just don't have anything even remotely close to a good air defense in the game. Mando made a cool SAM site simulator, but we still don't have a good addon that it can be used with. One Russian addon maker made a whole bunch of static radars already, so it's a start. Perhaps productive guy like you can make the rest of the SA-2 or upgraded Pechora-M systems.

Hey fox take a picture with that thing on. I think its kinda hard to describe how the pockets are slanted.

Characters pack (Weaponholders for Combined Ops) w.i.p. pack:

http://www.armaholic.eu/vilas/other/vil_char_co.7z

15 Feb 2011 today size 67 MB

what is difference between this and Arma2 version of weapon holders:

- backpacks in my models (some Russians too, only not BIS MVD, Specnaz, Vityaz)

- US infantry in woodland, sixcolor, dcu from Gulf War, A-Stan War, Kosovo operation and... Black Hawk Down like

new textures and models (not P85 woodland, but new shown on BI Forums)

i hope it works for you, some of you requested US troops from 90s, 2000 (6color, DCU, Woodland LBV88, RBA, PASGT )

FLIR not finished (sorry, lack of time) in future i will be developing this version (vanilla Arma2 version if requested, but i see more people have CO now)

downloading now and going to take a good look :)

question is it possible that you could create CDF forces in the P'85 (US army) troops style (technicaly US troops in CDF colors using eastern weapons) ?

I realy don't like the looks of the current (BIS) CDF forces (if a yes maybe also a replacement pack ?)

edit : little bug report --> (des '00) --> operator (M249 para) has no ammo / RESISTANCE ,Olive troops, most of them dont seem to have ammo (FAL/FAL PARA/AKM) just checked the gear section of those soldiers they do have magazines but it seems to be the wrong ones as their ammo count = 0

Edited by supergruntsb78

vilas, thank you so much for all your work on this stuff. Apart from having beautifully-modeled AMD-65s, T-80Us, BMP-1s and such to mess around with, I just discovered that between ACE and your RPG-7 with PGO-7 optics, firing RPG rounds at targets is as close to the real thing as I'll ever get. The range stadia on the reticle work. It took me awhile and some research to figure it out, but it really works. ArmA 2 had already mostly killed my interest in lesser FPS games, but to be able to hit a moving armored vehicle with an optics-equipped RPG-7 using essentially the same technique an actual Russian antitank grenadier would use really settles it, at least for the time being.

So, thanks again, your efforts, as well as those of many other talented modders, are much appreciated.

question is it possible that you could create CDF forces in the P'85 (US army) troops style (technicaly US troops in CDF colors using eastern weapons) ?

I realy don't like the looks of the current (BIS) CDF forces (if a yes maybe also a replacement pack ?)

Cool idea!

that way they would look more like a "US puppet army", and besides, I realy hate that headset for everyone thingie in such a poor army as the CDF is supposed to be.

Hmmmm, that makes me think actualy....I know that you are very busy at the moment but would it be possible to create a small 'CDF 2015' addon containing those CDF guys along with maybe a Rosomak and a Star truck in either CDF camo or just plain Olivegreen?

anyway, vilas thank you so much for the new models, and the ability to make them use the backpacks!

Best of luck to your projects (especially P85 ;) )

just noticed one thing with p85. I know i am nitpicking but..

there is no waist adjustment tab on the bdu. It was there before the '90s i think.. It is present on the Hot weather bdu (HWBDU) and not the Enhanced Hot Weather BDU (EHWBDU (i think?)).

IMG_9372.jpg

it's not a big deal but can you add it ?

Nice release, could you make the India and Pakistan units have Takistani faces and voices? And have Pakistan under Independent and India under Blufor? ;)

Also, an NVG mount on the USA PASGT helmets would be nice too. :D

Nice release, could you make the India and Pakistan units have Takistani faces and voices? And have Pakistan under Independent and India under Blufor? ;)

Pakistan under Blufor is more probable because Pakistan is a allied of USA and in another hand India is more with Russia.

Both are allies I believe. India has relations with Russia, but they also buy stuff from China and others, and they have a robust military industrial complex that produces some very nice hardware.

Both are allies I believe. India has relations with Russia, but they also buy stuff from China and others, and they have a robust military industrial complex that produces some very nice hardware.

India and Pakistan are both allied with the United States (but not with each other), which complicates foreign policy relations somewhat. India is also allied with the Russian Federation (and the Soviet Union before that). India is pretty much in the middle, neutral and not favouring either side. Still, it would make a little bit more sense for India to be under Blufor and Pakistan under Independent, as India is a stable, secular democracy, while Pakistan is a somewhat rocky, religious republic. ;)

Edited by Laqueesha

I agree, although if a standalone Indian mod is ever created Indepenent would be perfect, asthey are a superpower in their own right.

India and Pakistan are both allied with the United States (but not with each other), which complicates foreign policy relations somewhat. India is also allied with the Russian Federation (and the Soviet Union before that). India is pretty much in the middle, neutral and not favouring either side. Still, it would make a little bit more sense for India to be under Blufor and Pakistan under Independent, as India is a stable, secular democracy, while Pakistan is a somewhat rocky, religious republic. ;)

Yes, but Pakistan receives military aid from USA (1.6 billions I think), and India is an allied of USA like Russia is (an allied but stays independant). Pakistan has some trouble but it's the only true allied of US in this region.

Of course I talk about the gouvernement of Pakistan and his military forces, I cant say what think the rest of the population. :)

I am currently working on an update for Vilas to clean up and improve his config files, and among the improvements I'm adding is multi-language support. Unfortunately, I am only fluent in English, so I am asking for assistance from any community members that would like to help translate the string files. So far I have only finished the stringtable for the Eastern Weapons pack.

If you would like to help, you can download the stringtable file here.

If you are interested, please send me a PM regarding which language you would like to help with. Simply edit the stringtable.xml or stringtable.csv files and send me your edited verison; I can combine the various edits later.

You can also get the Western Weapon Pack strings at this link.

Edited by Xeno426
updated link

Given the situation in Arma 2 (wherein Russia is Opfor), I think it's more fitting for India to Independent than Blufor. I could be way behind on my information, but while India enjoys good relations with the United States, I don't think it's "allied" in the same sense NATO nations are, and is as close, if not closer, with Russia.

On the other hand, Pakistan would probably be independent too (though more likely to be a blufor candidate, as its relations with Russia are traditionally cold, though they're not what they were like during the height of the Soviet-Sino split). As pointed out, Pakistan's armed forces are very dependent on the US, in a way unlike India, and that's a factor too.

Just my two cents though.

i put India to res side on request of Indian members

but apart from weaponholders

P85 is going to be OA compatible, backpacks and such like

each country will be independent (troops) so as some part of community requested - you can have one or two or three armies (dividing troops pack to : US, USSR, Poland, both Germany, fictional countries, civilians)

weapons will not be divided as it is core-core file

vehicles probably not too much (civilian and army veh) + reskins for some countries depending if Vasmkd or Topas will have time for MERDC painting

completly new woodland textures + M65

what will be new :

new rucksacks:

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/8725/aaaec.jpg

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/8939/111ukt.jpg

more LWP:

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/4588/111uc.jpg

on reuests of Russian community i will put back RACS, SLA from 1985 too

Hi Vilas, I just wanted to let you know about a small bug. The Sa-8 editor icon does not have a name.