Sign in to follow this  
.kju

CAA1 public release

@ReconTeam

Seems you've found the perfect way to paint a target on your forehead with comments like that.

If you suspect you don't know the whole story and youre not trying to simply increase your post count, then you should probably keep written comments like that to a minimum.

Well in his defense, i've been around these forums for quite some time and use a lot of kju's work too but i also don't fully understand why he did that passionate (dramatic) exit.

I'm in the production industry myself and regardless of how long i work on something, if it's not to the people's liking i will get complaints. They don't care (much) for the efforts and sacrifices i put in. Whether you're a painter, a musician or a coder/modder, it can be a very ungrateful job. You have to keep your emotional and professional responses in check.

Not taking a stand here btw, just some personal experience.

Are you saying nobody is picking it up because KJU made it impossible? I thought nobody picked this up because nobody wanted to pick this up?

@galzohar who me? No i'm not saying that ;)

Gnat;1660402']@ReconTeam

Seems you've found the perfect way to paint a target on your forehead with comments like that.

If you suspect you don't know the whole story and youre not trying to simply increase your post count' date=' then you should probably keep written comments like that to a minimum.[/quote']

I've been a target before, no worries about that, I'll just climb into this Abrams... But regardless of the quality of the addons, I don't think it justifies insulitng everybody who doesn't have the time to contribute to serious modding. And no it isn't about my post count, I just get angry when I see stuff like that, even when it months old.

"E:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -nosplash -mod=x\oac\oac_core;x\caa1\ArmA_PlantsClassic;@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;ACEX_PLA;@ACEX_SM;@WarFX;@CSM2;@;@opx;@razani;@ACEI;@ACE3rd -showScriptErrors

This is my ACE2 shortcut.

Before, content of folders opx and razani filled up ACEI folder.

Problem is this, when I try t load opteryx islands or Razani, game crashes immediately. I dont know what causes that problem.

ACE2 from Kellys Heroes, CAA1 from official Repo I believe.

What is more, Helmand Valley works fine, but rest not. It seems something is with islands themselves, not with OPX objects.

Any solutions?

I have replaced the core, but problem still exists. Still game crashes when loading start.

Has anyone managed to get this to work in OA yet? I keep just getting a Shader error of some form.

I have added CAA1 to my ArmA2 and my OA. My problem now is that when I enter the editor I get US army under Blufor but no men under class section. In Arma2 I get a couple of armour entries and a support entry, while in OA I only get warfare buildings showing up. I realise that is because I dont have all the units installed so I was wondering what can I do to get rid of the US Army entry showing up in the editor or better still install all the missing units such as US Army and RACS?

Edited by Killerwatt

So will this be updated for OA/CO? I look in Expansions and it isn't loaded in there and I can't use Arma 1 maps like in A2.

works fine here. try using @CAA1 instead of CAA1 (rename) im not sure how you have your folder setup though

I have @CAA1 as the folder name but should everything go into a single addons folder now? Right now I have caa1, oac, opx and Razani folders inside the @CAA1 folder. It worked fine in Arma 2.

all .pbos are in the addons folder, and it works for me.

Just tried with latest OA beta (build 72107) and everything seems to work here! Amazing we still can enjoy old ArmA content in A2:OA, it may not be the latest greatest but for some reason I still enjoy Sharani.

Thanks Kju & Co for making this happen, I can only speak for myself but I'm sure we are many that appreciates your hard work with this!

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

So far it is the first and only mod I have used with OA. Thanks again kju!

Hey guys, I am getting a certain issue with this CAA1. I am using OA not Arma 2. Ok, so I downloaded the ArmaMaps only thing which comes with Sahara and one other map. When I start to the menu I get some no splash something error. The when I click on editor, I get a no icon error. THEN when I get in to the editor, I get a no lighting error. Thennnnnn finnally when I get into game it stops and says no sound error. I have checked multiple times to see if I have all the correct files and I do. The way I start it up is by making a @CAA1 folder, putting an Addons folder inside, and then putting all the .pbos and other files. I have also tried many other ways and this seems to be the only one that works. Please help me!

The CAA1 needs ArmA2 support, so you have to install OA under the ArmA2 directory.

How exactly would I do that with steam? Could I just transfer the stuff over? What would my launch command line be?

Something like this:

"D:\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch 33930 -nosplash -world=empty -showScriptErrors "-mod=D:\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2;D:\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\EXPANSION;ca;@zcommon;@islands;@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM"

I guess I need to post in this thread. Here I go.

I have downloaded Razani,CAA1 Objects, CAA1 plants, but Razani ctd's on me. What do I do?

I guess I need to post in this thread. Here I go.

I have downloaded Razani,CAA1 Objects, CAA1 plants, but Razani ctd's on me. What do I do?

You need to use the whole CAA1 mod, not just the few sub folders you mentioned... While you may not need every pbo in the CAA1 download, I have the most luck just using the whole damn thing.

Yep, unless you understand exactly which parts of CAA1 are needed for what, your best chance is to just suck it up and download the whole thing. It's not that bad after all ;)

Sorry if this has already been asked or even answered, search didn't help here:

I tried to make a bus route by waypoints on Sahrani, but the driver stucks heavily and won't stay on the tarmarc track :( Are such problems known or even already fixed or is there any solution? Btw, I used ArmA II combined with OA, but only standard A2 stuff inside the mission.

Thx for suggestions ^^