Sign in to follow this  
.kju

CAA1 public release

As you mentioned that caa1 will be one of your future projects, will that mean that you´ll care about that one again soon and finalize it?

No all i would be doing is creating a page or 2 probably on my website or a free forum I have used to basically have listed a page of all the files,

and then those files separated based on what they are, and then a download page with all the files (all missions, and mod itself) downloadable individually,

in packages, and then as one whole mod.

I'm just basically going to recompile the mod so that all the info is in one place with working links.

Is it important to keep the link up or is it hosted on other servers too?

Those links I posted are from outside sources, none of those are hosted by me, as you can see by the links themselves most are hosted at Armaholic, and

one at kelly's heroes,a nd then another at some outside website that I found that had a working link for the mod.

Once i do the project then i wil post a link to the page or pages i created and then everyone interested in CAA1 can do what they wish from there.

yes... i say again:

the missions link is collected, converted and hosted by myself. Your link is my own source and creation.

and i ask again:

Is it important to keep the link up?

Its not important.

Its just a link i posted, Im sorta of not understanding what your getting at, I mean you talk as if theres an official page

somewhere where i had posted all these links.

Should I take the link down, or what you want me to do? Dont matter, but i didn't know it was the link to your site.

I found it through a search thats all.

No, you don't have delete the link. :)

But i want to delete the source in next weeks cause it's very old. So if you want to save it somewhere to host it later by yourself for whatever so do that quik.

You can use it however you want to use it.

regards

please do Not delete the source as long as we can be sure that it will be hosted somewhere else. Even if it is an old thing it still has its value and worth it to still be available

The campaigns and missions are separate from the CAA1 download.

Review this page for the Arma1 campaigns, should be links on the page for the campaign as they had built it for Arma2:

https://dev-heaven.net/boards/26/topics/1751

I don't see any link to download the ARMA 1 campaign on that link, I have been dying to play it in ARMA 2.

Are there any other places you know of where I could download them?

I saw a video of Razani from CAA1 and it looked great. But it's not in the download. Do I need ArmA in order to play it?

I don't see any link to download the ARMA 1 campaign on that link, I have been dying to play it in ARMA 2.

Are there any other places you know of where I could download them?

None, suggest just searching google or another engine and see what comes up and go from there, CAA1 isn't supported anymore,

alot of us are even lucky to have CAA1 on our computers.

Do I need ArmA in order to play it?

Dont think so.

Try this island:

Afghanistan - Uruzgan

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10910

see the inks for the requirements at bottom

That map requires Razani, the map I want, and Razani N. Waziristan requires Queen's Gambit on Armaholic.

The last release (December 2009 i think so) was hosted on our clan file server to make it easy for our members to download it and to make sure everyone use the same version.

After more and more people ask for it i have share the files to the ArmA2Base network to host it on their public file servers.

You can find the hole caa1 packet there: http://www.arma2base.de/include.php?path=download&contentid=689 (included Queens Gambit content!)

regards

btw: pw is tcbrulz !

I have a follow up question to my previous one. Seeing as downloading the campaigns idea is a bit fubar, is there a way to actually try to play the campaigns? Like, is there a way to simply import the campaigns I have and attempt to play them, bugs and all? Because as fun as they are, now being able to run ArmA II well, with all of its core improvements, going back to the first game is like going back to Resident Evil 0 after playing Resident Evil 4.

EDIT: I tried it myself, and while I can transfer over the first two campaigns (Royal Flush is the one I cannot) it seems they purely crash after intro scenes. I suppose unless a remake is planned for these campaigns, they'll be like Red Hammer was to the original OFP/ArmA 0 and left as an element only found when running the original game? Also, is it just because I'm running lots of mods or when missions are being loaded for ArmA I, there's some notable lag? I don't get it with CWR or any other component to the game.

Second EDIT: Well, either way with all of this, I do hope you work on it, Gunter. I'm not sure if my casual observation has any merit, but didn't you release a few separate updates to SLX? Maybe in time you can help get this project moving forward. I think it would be something special to have the Cold War Crisis, ArmA, and ArmA II games on the same engine. It seems right now only CWC and ArmA II have the luxary of being on the current engine until ArmA III, leaving ArmA I as the most dated game in the franchise now.

Edited by Foffy

Sorry Foffy just seen your post here

only thing Im going to do for Caa1 when I get to it is compile everything on one page and provide links for everything,

as well as if possible figure some things out for the missions, but I wont be doing any of this till I get my current projects done for my WarMod series, just 2 to go, then here I come CAA1.

is there a way to download Sahrani separately?

Not really, but I have compiled the files to run only Sahrani as i was asked before if there was only file for Sahrani,

I have zipped it up and am atm uploading it will have a link for you in my next reply.

Primarily I would like to see a split between the islands and oac. If you manage to split all the islands too why not, and if only one for sure Sahrani!! :)

At the moment I use the full package and it doesnt bother me too much, but I dont like how it clutter and rearrange the editor units. As I'm not interested in earlier factions and mission compability all oac adds, for me, is potential errors and unnecessary code. What we use it for is to make arma2 missions on the wonderful islands of armed assault.

If its split people can start oac in addition if they want to play old OFP/armed assault missions, imho.

Thank you Günther S for continue on Kju's excellent and hard work! (BIS should re-sell these islands in a DLC instead of selling small cut-outs from existing...)

Well, I would like it too!

question though: with your version I would still be able to load the older islands like Schmalfelden, but not play any of the old missions, right?!

Anyone else want the files for just CAA1 Sahrani?

I would appreciate a source that contains JUST the Sahrani assets.

Hi guys late reply,

Primarily I would like to see a split between the islands and oac. If you manage to split all the islands too why not, and if only one for sure Sahrani!!

Ya it would be a great idea, I have done so for Saharani

Thank you Günther S for continue on Kju's excellent and hard work! (BIS should re-sell these islands in a DLC instead of selling small cut-outs from existing...)

Thank you but im not really doing anything that anyone else couldn't do, difference is Im doing something, but this is a project for next month for me. BIS dont need to repackage and sell something already available to us, we just need to figure out what files are for what and then set them up accordingly. Kju has done alot of work on this already, but to me the information is jumbled and not simple, considering I like to compile stuff when i get working on this little project and dont expect miracles or amazing results but I just want to make things available and in one place.

Well, I would like it too!

question though: with your version I would still be able to load the older islands like Schmalfelden, but not play any of the old missions, right?!

Ok, well its not a version Sahrani file I have are basically the files for Sahrani separated from the whole of CAA1 islands, so its nothing special, just a separation.

and CAA1 when you run it as a mod wont overwrite any other files in terms of other islands, so dont worry, Sahrani will basically be just added to the list of islands your already have and are using.

I'll send you a pm with a link to download the files I have for Sahrani.

I would appreciate a source that contains JUST the Sahrani assets.

You mean like objects and textures and stuff?

Same here, I've been having trouble finding the CA_Plants addon needed to run some of the ARMA I maps and it's not included in the version of CAA1 I have.

I have caa1_p_plantsClassic.pbo in mine, I have no issues with CAA1, would you like me to pm you with a link to download the plant files?

I can get them to u in the AM.

Any chance to get the list of files needed to run only Sahrani? Thx

I would be very interested in a completely stand alone island to distribute with project RACS.

PM me if we can work together on getting something hammered out.