Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

ARMA II Beta Builds Released: Latest version/build: 1.04.6xxxx

[58998] Fixed: Autocoordination caused rudder oscillation in high speed flight.

Cool. :)

On another note about AI (v58972) and their ability to see enemies at distance. I made a small test mission last night where i notice my ghillie m107 sniper didnt "see" the enemy. He was about 350 meters away from bunches of enemies walking around. He never took a shot and never even looked at the enemies. Even though he was facing that general area. Not even when they started to shoot around he didnt care. I tested AWARE and COMBAT but nothing. He was on his own and not in my squad. Just wanted to have a sniper helping my small team out as there was many guarding a village.

So might want to turn up the AI's ability to see further.

EDIT: Works perfect BIS. :) No more autorudder at high speeds. Thanks.

EDIT2: You know what would be nice BIS? To change the "GEAR" that lits up in the cockpit on the JSF when the gears are OUT instead of IN as it is now. When we fold out the flaps it lits up, and when we fold them back in the lit up text go dark. Same thing should be for the gears as i always think the gears are out as that lamp is lit. :)

Alex

Edited by Alex72

This also:

[58990] Fixed: Crashes in VoN when many players were speaking simultaneously.

Before:

[58972] Hotfix: Possible crashes in VoN when many players were speaking simultaneously.

[59002] Fixed: Soldier were walking on non-existant heaps of debris from destroyed buildings.

And now it's a serious fix :) Good job BIS.

On another note about AI (v58972) and their ability to see enemies at distance. I made a small test mission last night where i notice my ghillie m107 sniper didnt "see" the enemy. He was about 350 meters away from bunches of enemies walking around. He never took a shot and never even looked at the enemies. Even though he was facing that general area. Not even when they started to shoot around he didnt care. I tested AWARE and COMBAT but nothing. He was on his own and not in my squad. Just wanted to have a sniper helping my small team out as there was many guarding a village.

The problem has worsened since release of patch v. 1.03.

See http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/2209.

Good news that the issue is being looked in by Dwarden.

Edited by fabrizio_T

Well, this is an old problem from BIS. The AI sometimes see too well for their own good, because they will detect the enemy if they can see one pixel of a soldier between some bushes or in a corner. And in another situations they don't see as well as humans, they don't seem to use scoped weapons/binocs or detect enemies far enough thanks to the constrast of the colors (say, a soldier against a blue sky or proned in a road).

Of course i understand it has to be hard to simulate the eyesight of an human, but it's one of the few things BIS has to improve to reach a realistic combat engagement.

The problem has worsened since release of patch v. 1.03.

Ah sorry about that. Missed it over at DH.

EDIT: Whatever your doing BIS regarding missing sounds - you are going in the right direction! :) Tested with tons of infantry on both sides and me in the middle. I didnt notice any sound loss. At least from the quick test i did.

Also remember sticking sounds! Sounds that arent tied to its source but follows your ear. Please guys look into that.

Back to gaming - latest patch rocks! Good job BIS we are moving forward! :)

Edited by Alex72

59025 has been released, the change log on the site at least doesn't show any differences over 59008.

This is coming along to be a great patch bugfixing wise. Finally no high speed auto rudder, flying will again be fun now with the planes affected.

As for performance, I agree it would make more sense to not give out this early, as new models may weight some MBs. Lets hope this is the case.

Edited by sparks50

Tryied out the new 008 beta:

1) In manhattan, Shaftoe still lying dead on the floor no matter how old a position I load = gamebreaking as I cannot continue.

2) a SIGNIFICANT DECREASE in performance, far too obvious not to be noticed. While with the first bunch of betas, I could play with High or even Very High settings and reasonably quickly loading textures, with 008 I had to downgrade the settings to normal everywhere and still, its hardly moving. I havent done ANY other adjustments to the system (drivers, CCC settings, nothing) since.

Too bad for me:o(

Defrag is your best friend, as long as there are no builds about performance I don't think we need to give feedback about it.. anyway it's different on each build and each machine and so on..

Regards.

Weird. I cannot see any drop in performance in the betas. Im on Win7 with Nvidia and the latest Win7 drivers though, and that works peach. Just tested the latest beta and its exactlly the same to me performance wise.

Well, this is an old problem from BIS. The AI sometimes see too well for their own good, because they will detect the enemy if they can see one pixel of a soldier between some bushes or in a corner. And in another situations they don't see as well as humans, they don't seem to use scoped weapons/binocs or detect enemies far enough thanks to the constrast of the colors (say, a soldier against a blue sky or proned in a road).

Of course i understand it has to be hard to simulate the eyesight of an human, but it's one of the few things BIS has to improve to reach a realistic combat engagement.

yes but as fabrizio_T said this issue was made much much worse in 1.03. IMO in 1.02 things were much better and missions were much more exciting.

For now I am content with using slx mode that seem to increase the detecting ranges for AI considerably which i dont mind, but i would like to see this problem fixed in the normal game without resorting for mods.

It will be fixed. I didnt see it posted at DH, but BIS made ArmA1 AI very good, and they were really weird in the beginning.

wow, the last patch is sweet. Performance is back....very good job BIS :)

lol its so hard to know when the changelog isnt complete with what BIS does.

But the very latest patch 59025 feels laggier for me. But im not sure... So hard to know if there was any changes that mess with performance or not. But i tested 3 missions that always are very smooth to me, and now they lag.

More testing and will revert and see how it feels. But i just came out from the 59008 and it was perfectly smooth.

The rudder is definetly improved now, but you still feel it a bit when you turn the plane. It's most noticable with the use of the mouse and using the rudder keys.

It's really not much however, just for 1-2 sec.

I just downloaded this version (59025), so I haven't tested out the sound problem yet.

PS: No mouse problems on my side by the way. Never had the problem before either.

Anyone else have the same issue as Alex72? I was in the same boat with build 59008, runs beautifully with all settings max. I haven't noticed any lag yet but I've only used it for a few minutes. Big missions though.

I wonder what was changed.

Finally! With the last beta I have no problems with the sound! :dancehead: Good job BIS!

Can't agree, now you hear the shots before the supersonic cracks again.

Possible fix to my post in the nvidia card owners thread. Running the latest beta's I was crashing to desktop frequently. I noticed a slight sound distortion just before I crashed. Most noticeable when changing vehicle views from external to internal or vice versa. I went into my vista sound control panel and lowered sound settings from 24 bit to 16 bit. Crashing seems to have stopped. Will post back after further testing.