Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

ARMA II Beta Builds Released: Latest version/build: 1.04.6xxxx

Tracers can be disabled via difficulty options (at least worked in OFP).

It's an option in the control options.

I can't find it in control options. Is it a slider or just a check box, or...?

Running the latest beta v.59025

Thanks

I still got a fire bug in benny's warfare, its lke the whole of chernarus is on fire =(

and i'm getting more CTDs than ever, i can't even go to the multiplayer menu without CTDing =S

Is it worth downloading these, do they improve much?

Well... read the thread, download and try.

Tracers can be disabled via difficulty options (at least worked in OFP).

I have tracers on all weapons that should have tracers, but i guess they change it to IR tracers.

About the performance im really eager to know why it lags more when action happens in the latest build? Better AI maybe?

Thanks

Check your shortcut to make sure it's pointing to the arma2.exe under the beta folder (not the main folder) and that the start in folder is the main folder (not the beta folder) and that -mod=beta is at the end of the shortcut.

Check your shortcut to make sure it's pointing to the arma2.exe under the beta folder (not the main folder) and that the start in folder is the main folder (not the beta folder) and that -mod=beta is at the end of the shortcut.

Haha yeah what he said. It took me three days to figure that out on my own. :j:

---------- Post added at 12:01 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 11:58 PM ----------

Thanks

It's a slider option to the right, by mouse sensitivity.

Thanks Bulldogs and JuggernautOfWar, I've figured it out on my own.

What's confusing (atleast to me :p) is this:

My target line was:

"F:\ArmA 2\beta\arma2.exe" -nosplash

When I start the game, I can see the version number is 1.03.59025, which would imply that I am running the latest beta patch. But I don't have "smoothing" slider under controls options.

However, when I change my target line to:

"F:\ArmA 2\beta\arma2.exe" -nosplash -mod=beta, sure enough there is "smoothing" slider. And the version number is 1.03.59025.

So, same version numbers, but lack of "smoothing" feature in first example.

Is it because game is running from beta folder, so it shows beta version number no matter what? I'm puzzeled, and maybe a little thick too. :p

Anyway, thanks for helping me.

newest version is wrong, it not allows to start game

previous build 58889 is good and super

59025 causes "no entry, profilepathdefault" and cannot start game !

game not works, i had to uninstal 59025

and on 58899 all runs good (when returned)

what is default path ? c://program files.... ?

i have A2 on D://

Edited by vilas

No problems with 59025 here.

Did hours of gameplay yesterday on different servers.

EDIT:

LOL - I did now check better. Though I have installed 59025 exactly and etc. etc. ... another old Build version .. 58627 or so is showing up (right corner below) when starting the game ... wtf ??

EDIT:

Now I got it. Arma2.exe is in beta folder ... and has to be adressed by the starter link ...

Edited by Herbal Influence

Don't start ArmA2 from beta folder, use the beta shortcut in ArmA root directory. Hope this helps.

Yep dont forget the -mod=beta

Im currently playing 59008 for its superior performance over 59025 when a lot of action is happening. Without action they feel the same - very good performance. But when AI starts battling etc i get noticable lag in the latter. Been testing a lot now, and it does seem it works this way - at least on my pc.

I've tried beta patch for one reason only: to test "mouse lag" issue, 'cause it did trouble me a bit.

Adjusting x axis and smoothing settings in controls options gets rid of it, it's perfect.

I've finally got optimum mouse responce.

Way to go BIS!

I played a few hours on 59025 yesterday and had some serious performance problems. The textures load so slow that sometimes they never pop up. The came freezes and stutters all the time and it's just generally slow. I stepped back to 59008 and the same happened there... Worst is the LOD's.

It all look smeared and just crappy. The textures pop in and out and sometimes they just doesn't load at all. I'll step back another patch tomorrow. Never had this problem before 59008.

Just Wondering if anyone is having problems when exiting the game ?

Since I have being installing the patch since day one and updating every beta patch release I have noticed in this latest patch 59025 is when I exit from the game by pressing exit :rolleyes: it goes straight to a grey screen and freezes :confused:..... only way I can get out of it is to press CTRL ALT Delete and hit Task manager to shut down Arma 2...:j:

The beta patches has improved my game play by 50% so BIS is on the right track with these little fixes.....

I get the grey screen for a second or two and then it shuts down could be driver/OS specific.

Alex72 I think when flying a chopper over much action in town or city I get much more slowdown in 025.

DarkPhantom;1437773']Just Wondering if anyone is having problems when exiting the game ?

Since I have being installing the patch since day one and updating every beta patch release I have noticed in this latest patch 59025 is when I exit from the game by pressing exit :rolleyes: it goes straight to a grey screen and freezes :confused:..... only way I can get out of it is to press CTRL ALT Delete and hit Task manager to shut down Arma 2...:j:

The beta patches has improved my game play by 50% so BIS is on the right track with these little fixes.....

Just for the record - you are using the -mod=beta in your target line of the shortcut you start the beta with yes?

I know i got that freeze as well, but i hadnt done what i said above. Apart from that maybe remove some addons IF your using some and test again. Dont know otherwise what it can be. Im on Win7 btw and thats where i got the exit freeze.

EDIT:

Also remembered something now. It seems bullet cracks (sonic crakcs) works sometimes and sometimes not. Im not talking about hearing a crack and on the second shot nothing. Im talking about shooting a whole mag without cracks and then a bit later shooting again and i can hear the cracks. Seems they go on/off. At least on my pc. Latest beta's.

Edited by Alex72

@ [OGN]DarkPhantom I am having exactly the same problem.

The game runs fine ( A little tip: Use -maxmem=( put amount of Ram here ) in shortcut line after -nosplash and relay smooth gameing :-) I had a stuttering 20 -30 fps game experience, Now its 30-40 FPS.

As stated above, the crash only happens when exiting the game, since the 2 latest Betas.

DarkPhantom;1437773']

I had this problem once... it got stuck at grey screen but that was on a previous beta patch and since then I have not seen it again.

Yapa

I had this problem once... it got stuck at grey screen but that was on a previous beta patch and since then I have not seen it again.

Yapa

Same for me. Grey screen when exiting about 1/4 of the times, with 58834. Haven't tried last betas yet though.

I did a lot of multiplayer with 59025 now and had no problems at all.

In a VERY recommendable mission, AA2 full of action - AA2 at it's best: "Andersons Gunship" I had continously over 35 fraps (up to 55) which is best I had in multiplayer till now. :)

It's a vehicle DM with a lot of choppers and jet plane fighting on Angry Insects server.

would i be right in assumin that the latest beta patch contains all the fixes from the previous betas?