Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

ARMA II Beta Builds Released: Latest version/build: 1.04.6xxxx

I must sadly report that I am experiencing the sound bug after all - albeit only in fairly large battles. Previously I was mainly either playing one of the SP scenarios (freedom fighters), or playing small battles in the editor. Yesterday, when trying a slightly larger battle, I started noticing the sound bug people have described here.

For me, it only seems to happen to vehicles or units that are further than about 100m away and only for gunfire. They sound like they're firing one shot every two seconds, but I can see them firing full auto. Explosions all appear to sound normal though, no cut off or missing sfx.

I also noticed the sound bug. Guess it was introduced when they fixed some other sound issues.

I see a stream of tracers, but only hear a single shot.

For me, it only seems to happen to vehicles or units that are further than about 100m away and only for gunfire. They sound like they're firing one shot every two seconds, but I can see them firing full auto. Explosions all appear to sound normal though, no cut off or missing sfx.

Same as my experience.

New beta patch is out;o) However, I cant seem to open the changelog...?:o(

EDIT: Its OK now, I managed:o)

Edited by ShaiCZ

OK some information after trying out 58926 in ArmaMark2. Previously I was getting 4800-4900 scores in the last beta, but I have just run the test again getting 5111. I did notice that the CPU was being used more ~50% as opposed to ~30%.

Please so far with what I have seen.

Going back in to test the sound now ;)

Good report there Kremator, I have to sleep soon so wont get a chance to test the new beta now but its nice to see some improvements in performance.

Yapa

uhhh, they still haven't released any performance related updates, I don't get why people keep experiencing these performance increase placebos. The most recent fix is Keyboard input in chat, so it doesn't trigger normal keyboard controls. Which is a good fix. Ty Bis

uhhh, they still haven't released any performance related updates, I don't get why people keep experiencing these performance increase placebos. The most recent fix is Keyboard input in chat, so it doesn't trigger normal keyboard controls. Which is a good fix. Ty Bis
they haven't posted any performance updates, it doesn't mean there is not some in the builds, they dont post everything...

They're getting to it... I hope :). Judgeing by the previous beta patch (.558899), we're still long ways from 1.04 or whatever the next official patch will be. Gotta try this new one :)

I'm REALLY impressed at this release policy .... it is SUPERB. We are now able to give instant feedback on issues without waiting ages for a full patch.

I don't mind being a test monkey if we all benefit !

they haven't posted any performance updates, it doesn't mean there is not some in the builds, they dont post everything...

Well, considering this patch is primarily aimed at mouse lag fix and performance increase, I think it would be quite cruel and illogical of the devs to not inform us about any changes relating to performance. Not unless they like watching confused lab rats running in circles :). I hope they take their time with the performance fixes, it surely can't be an easy task. But, I'm pretty sure they will tell us when they have made changes that could effect performance.

Well, considering this patch is primarily aimed at mouse lag fix and performance increase, I think it would be quite cruel and illogical of the devs to not inform us about any changes relating to performance. Not unless they like watching confused lab rats running in circles :). I hope they take their time with the performance fixes, it surely can't be an easy task. But, I'm pretty sure they will tell us when they have made changes that could effect performance.
well PP was changed, and there are build#s missing in the logs.. I dont think they want the huge amount posts going apeshtt about how it doesn't work blah blah ect,.

Two upates out in one night! 58926 and 58930

Still has sound problems

Edited by OrdeaL

I'm REALLY impressed at this release policy .... it is SUPERB. We are now able to give instant feedback on issues without waiting ages for a full patch.

I don't mind being a test monkey if we all benefit !

Agreed. :)

I dont mind helping out at all. ARMA is a fun game to just "messing about" with. So even if i just drop myself in and the ACM module im amused for the rest of the night lol. Good time to check improvements and bug hunting. :)

Will test v.30 now and see what BIS have done.

Alex

Oh thank GOD for that chat fix. I was sick of my GPS, clock and compas showing up while leaning left and right, as well as my mic turning on whenever I typed...

Wooo!

Or not so the can see if we are actually noticing the performance increase and not to start the i got no performance increase from everyone.

Or not so the can see if we are actually noticing the performance increase and not to start the i got no performance increase from everyone.

FWIW, below is my tests with different beta builds and I see no performance increase so far but hope it will come...

GeForce GTX 260-216 896 MB (@ 710/1450/1150 MHz)

nVidia ForceWare drivers (Version 182.50 WHQL)

Windows XP Pro SP 2 (32-bit)

Visibility: 3810 m

Interface resolution: 1280x960

3D resolution: 1280x960 (100%)

Texture details: Very high

Video memory: Default

Anisotropic filtering: Very high

Antialiasing: High

Terrain detail: Very high

Objects detail: Very high

Shadow detail: Very high

Postprocessing effects: Disabled

ArmA II 1.03.58834 Beta

Mission Norm Zoom1 Zoom2

------------------------------------------------

TST-FPS_Test_1 21-22 22 35-36

TST-FPS_Test_2 28 28-29 33-34

ArmA II 1.03.58879 Beta

Mission Norm Zoom1 Zoom2

TST-FPS_Test_1 22 22 34-35

TST-FPS_Test_2 28 28-29 33-34

ArmA II 1.03.58899 Beta

Mission Norm Zoom1 Zoom2

TST-FPS_Test_1 21-22 21-22 34-35

TST-FPS_Test_2 28-29 28-29 31-32

ArmA II 1.03.58930 Beta

Mission Norm Zoom1 Zoom2

TST-FPS_Test_1 22 22 35-36

TST-FPS_Test_2 28-29 28-29 31-32

The above tests are done with same settings and on same spots etc. and at three different zoom levels where:

Norm = Default view with M4 weapon down

Zoom1 = M4 up and max zoomed out

Zoom2 = M4 up and max zoomed in

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

Tell me, is this a in-depth, shallow or a changelog which only includes changes BI needs feedback on. I am just wondering how the build-system works as these newest build numbers doesn't always match the last change in the changelog.

PS: Excellent work on fixing the chat typing. More feedback later on :)

Just noticed something. Latest patch.

When holding the SMAW in your hands and using the Laser Designator at the same time you can not move backwards-right. Bring up the SMAW first and then bring out the LD. Move backwards and hold right at the same time. result is you move backwards-left.

Noticed this while i was lasing after i shot with the SMAW. Then i got attacked and needed to move back-right to get behind cover. My guy went left and i got a bullet in my head lol. :D

Alex

Edited by Alex72

like others mentioned there seem to be some problems with the sounds of heavy machine guns from tanks and the like. Also now it seems the breathing sound is gone (can somebody confirm ??).

I hope BIS will get to fix the AI engagements soon.

Tell me, is this a in-depth, shallow or a changelog which only includes changes BI needs feedback on. I am just wondering how the build-system works as these newest build numbers doesn't always match the last change in the changelog.

PS: Excellent work on fixing the chat typing. More feedback later on :)

I think the non-listed numbers are just small changes (like maybe a code or spelling/punctuation error). All the more major ones are on the list

They're beta patches. You expect something different?

Nevertheless, I dont like that the developers focus only on engine problems, while serious errors in the content, and units are barely improved.

Nevertheless, I dont like that the developers focus only on engine problems, while serious errors in the content, and units are barely improved.

i disagree. Engine improvements are more important, once everyone has a smooth working game engine then improve content etc