Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

ARMA II Beta Builds Released: Latest version/build: 1.04.6xxxx

ShaiCZ: you'll soon have other islands to play on, I believe Chernarus is a bit too complex one ;)

Use "JKDefrag" available in 32 as well as 64bit version. Runs fairly fast and has one big point over: it's very customisable. I use to do some "-a 7" from time to time to keep it performant. Anyway plenty of ways to run it.

ShaiCZ: you'll soon have other islands to play on, I believe Chernarus is a bit too complex one ;)

Hehehe...I dont wanna to play on other islands as long as the original one is unplayable. Understand, I dont have a completely shitty system (ATI 4850 1GB, 3GB Ram, Athlon Dual 2600+) and all the other games run pretty well so there is no reason A2 should not do the same...;o) Besides, zillions of other people seem to have the same issues. And finally, I dont believe that until they fix the issues with Chernarus, they are able to release other content without the very same problems...(cus I assume you are reffering to the Arrowhead and content by the community?)...;o)

Well the weird thing is that I installed the patch saw an increase in FPS no LOD issues or stuttering pop ins, then now it's back to bleh... Hence the what did I do wrong :P

Edit: Ooh there's a new beta? sweet! Will try it out when I get back home.

Edit2: Eh, the changelog wasn't changed

Edited by Sniper Pilot

Tried downloading the new beta twice. I'm getting a corrupted archive.

Update: worked now :)

Edited by Raggz

I think it's not up yet and the changelog hasn't changed.

the new beta patch 58899 is up.

already downloaded and installing now.

One change it seems:

Logs are completely the same. The 79 has the same thing in the log.

installing the latest beta patch will do? Or do i need to install "all" betas?

Did anyone recognize less textureflickering with the betas installed?

Nah you only have to install the latest one, infact i delete my beta folder before installing everytime.

Installed and testing.. Id say they just haven't updated the change log yet..

Dowloading the new beta now. Its bigger as regards Mb this time, so my hopes for improving the texture loading problem are high:o)) Will report later.

This new beta thingy is awesome. Finally it feels as if BIS are in direct contact with us. Good work BIS!

Hm, new beta, no changes.. Maybe we get a magic carpet?

The ones that installed it better check Civilians - Air :bounce3: :D

As build numbers increase, isn't there one change per build ? What does the build number stand for if build xxxxx ain't different from build xxxxx+1 ?

What are the changes in this new patch. The log seems to be from old version.

It's much bigger so i'm hoping for something worth.

Its official, new beta, ABSOLUTLY no improvement in performance, still terrible texture loading issues, flickering and all that kind of hell thats been making the game unplayable ever since I bought it TWO (2) months ago!

Can you, BIS, at least confirm wheater or not this issues is being looked into? Or am I just wasting my time testing these beta patches for the only major issue they are addressing is the mouse lag, which, as I stated earlier, I have never experienced???

Game plays fine on my end, some magic combo of hardware, OS and drivers on your end probably.

And you are not the center of the world.

Game plays fine on my end, some magic combo of hardware, OS and drivers on your end probably.

And you are not the center of the world.

No, I am not the centre of the world, I am just one of thousands and thousands reporting the same issues on this and other forums, one of many with a magic combo (...) that allows me to play all the other games smoothly, except for A2...;o)

1st) gross exageration

2nd) there were also "thousands and thousands" of people having mouse lag making the game unplayable.

You're more important than them?