Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

ARMA II Beta Builds Released: Latest version/build: 1.04.6xxxx

I cant figure it out I'm done pissing about with it, Its not worth my time nor anyone elses. Ill just continue to wait for the 1.05 patch in patience. ty all who attempted to help.

^^ Well that sucks. Sounds like some mod is conflicting. Do you have any mods that installed to the default addons directory as opposed to its own directory? I'd check there for any non-standard PBO's.

negative, I'm known for keeping my ARMA 2 nice and clean all mods have their own MOD folder

@Drew

When starting beta with this line:

"D:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\beta\arma2.exe" -mod=beta;@random_addon -nosplash

it starts fine. Adding a ";" at the end of the mod command like this:

"D:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\beta\arma2.exe" -mod=beta;@random_addon; -nosplash

brings the error "Error compiling pixel shader PSTreeAdv:0"

Try to check for extra ";".

@Drew

Does your Beta install work without any mods activated? Not all modifications are beta compatible. Particularly some of the performance mods methinks.

Sometimes you've got to crawl before you can run.

-k

@Drew

When starting beta with this line:

"D:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\beta\arma2.exe" -mod=beta;@random_addon -nosplash

it starts fine. Adding a ";" at the end of the mod command like this:

"D:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\beta\arma2.exe" -mod=beta;@random_addon; -nosplash

brings the error "Error compiling pixel shader PSTreeAdv:0"

Try to check for extra ";".

how does this solve the issue with the Arma 2 Launcher by Alpine Stars?

do these beta patches only address what is specifically written in the changelogs or are there coding enhancements inside each one that aren't listed due to the complexity of the explaination? I don't give a rats behind about the functionality of the AI unless their poor scripting is what is causing a the game to freeze and bring my cursor up. I'm getting reasonable frames and fewer stutters since my pagefile alterations... now I just can't make it through any missions...

Sucess! my problem was the addon launcher not being up-to-date.

DarkestKnight:

More things are adressed than what is written in the changelog. I would guess for the most part.

And as sparks50 says - please specify exactlly how, when and the other info needed about your crash.

EDIT Drew:

Im using all my addons with the betas. There are no problems at all. Install it, and then make a shortcut to desktop from the NEWLY created beta shortcut in the ARMA2 folder. Or click it directlly from in there. Better to send it to desktop though. That one has the -mod=beta command put in there from start.

EDIT2:

Thanks BIS for giving us updates in the weekend. :)

Edited by Alex72

I have it working with the latest Arma 2 Addon Launcher by Alpinestars, thanks though :)

60902 Formation problems. AI go in formation but not according to my heading.

Im having big trouble again with AI not forming good. If i look north and tell them to go FILE they will stand completelly wrong. For example from my left (east) and then in FILE but towards NE. If i tell them WEGDE they do the same thing and stand completelly wrong. Tested on Utes, and it seems to happen when the ground is not completelly flat. If it slopes just a little they will not go in formation based on my heading. If i tell them FILE they should form up behind me in a straight line 6 o'clock etc.

AWARE mode and no enemies around. If i keep telling them "FORM ON ME" continuosly they will move more and more into correct heading with the formation. But as soon as i dont say that they will move back into their own heading.

EDIT: Auto COMBAT mode when attacked.

This feature is a good idea but i feel it doesnt work too good. Reason is that the AI doesnt understand when to retreat. If there is a lot of enemy AI they will try fight back even though they are only 2. I try (as before auto combat) to tell them (point click MOVE THERE) to go behind cover but they wont listen to me. I am much smarter then my AI and it gets frustrating when i see them die in situations they could have lived if they just did what i told them to. Maybe this can get better, but for AI that we control it feels better if i would be able to tell them where to go. It feels more like a gamble now when i encounter eAI.

"COPY MY STANCE"

What happened to the AI follow all our stances? I think it was in one of the changelog but it never worked.

Edited by Alex72

hooray for Drew getting his beta to work.

I had bothered to make a video before he succeeded :o

I admire the effort by those people who tried to help him. :grinning:

Wd92Ia9GNr0

Sucess! my problem was the addon launcher not being up-to-date.

Woot!

This beta patch testing thread is great. It`s nice to see such support from ArmA II developers. Developers over at Dragon Rising forums dont give us nothing, and the game sucks btw. Not going to discuss that now, but great support from ArmA devs. Love it..

Generally AIs it seems are much more responding and quicker acting than some betas before.

Getting more and more fun to do the big crcti 09 - while I am waiting for Benny to do his real big crcti he lately announced. (I really need waypoints for tactical gaming ... ;-))

Edited by Herbal Influence

AMAZING....

Sunday night playing Cipher, Quickly switched to desktop to check somethin, my eyes glance at the nifty Beta gadget:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=85627

And what do i see? A new beta on a SUNDAY night!!

You guys never sleep ey:-)

Thanx a lot, Progress is great.

I am testing tonight, could t really do anything xcept play some cipher yesterday:-)

A BIG Thank you to Suma, and the BIS staff :-)

[60886] Improved AI subordinates should now respect formation more when choosing a cover.

is this a good idea? thoughts? in one instance, an AI squad moving in stagered column formation engage an enemy team directly to the front resulting in massive blue on blue incident, because of the machine gunner at the back is firing at the enemy in between friendlies.

maybe the keep in formation is a good idea. what's needed to change is AI routines to open fire when friendly is inbetween the target and the shooter.

[edit]

my suggestion is, if the AI dispersion value works in any way like a cone of fire, then have the AI calculate if there is friendly between the shooter and target (inside the cone of fire), then the shooter will hold his fire or fire in very long interval. Just my simple suggestion

Edited by Mr_Centipede

In order to help BIS with AI bridge-crossing problems I would kindly ask for non-MLOD models of "roads2/bridges" folder, so we can fix A1 bridges that we use on many maps.

Im having big trouble again with AI not forming good. If i look north and tell them to go FILE they will stand completelly wrong. For example from my left (east) and then in FILE but towards NE. If i tell them WEGDE they do the same thing and stand completelly wrong. Tested on Utes, and it seems to happen when the ground is not completelly flat. If it slopes just a little they will not go in formation based on my heading. If i tell them FILE they should form up behind me in a straight line 6 o'clock etc.

AWARE mode and no enemies around. If i keep telling them "FORM ON ME" continuosly they will move more and more into correct heading with the formation. But as soon as i dont say that they will move back into their own heading.

Please, attach repro mission or exact repro steps. I have tried briefly to reproduce, but AI always formed as it should, even on a sloped terrain.

---------- Post added at 13:06 ---------- Previous post was at 13:01 ----------

Perhaps I should write how it is intended to work:

- while you move, the formation direction gradually changes into the direction you are facing

- when you issue All, Return to formation, formation direction is reset to your current direction

Note: when you change formation, formation direction is NOT changed. They change the formation, but in the same direction they were facing before.

AA units still firing with their AA launchers at vehicles and infantry - better if they would only fire at helicopters and planes.

AT units in infantry battles switching to launchers and back to rifles without firing the launcher - better if they would only switch to AT launchers if an OG7 or HEDP round is loaded. M136/RPG18 should be only used by AI to fire at vehicles.

AI using RPG7/RPG18 and M136 often hit the ground in front of their targets even with UltraAI.

AI medics still running around woundeds and dont helping them.

Only AI with sniper rifles should engage turned out crews.

AI pilots flying with AH1Z, KA52 are ok but still crashing with other helicopters eg Mi24 variants, Mi17 variants, MH60S and UH1Y.

Perhaps it helps if the AI pilots will fly at a certain altitude according to behaviour? (eg careless = highest altitude (300m AGL) and for stealth = lowest altitude (50m AGL))

AI pilots should use missiles/rockets and bombs (on their own) from greater distance and altitude.

Increase the use of M203/GP25 grenades for AI.

AI should use smoke to cover their next movement and make it possible that they will throw smoke grenades if they are suppressed or under fire from vehicles/aircraft/static weapons.

What about implemeting a formation feature where the player can customise formations? At least it would be nice to have the two orders for "loose" and "tight" formation. :)

Wondering why BIS devs decided to cut the direct order from OFP eg. "<AI unit> use secondary weapon/launcher", "<AI unit> turn out/turn in", "<AI unit> start/stop engine"? And most important for recon/specop missions why they reworked the direct "Don't fire!" command that now can be overriden by AI? :confused:

USMC officer(?) have "alien-eyes" if you turn the head left or right.

Still in some vehicles the pericopes are not working but in other vehicles they are clear and useable - why?

Perhaps I should write how it is intended to work:

- while you move, the formation direction gradually changes into the direction you are facing

- when you issue All, Return to formation, formation direction is reset to your current direction

Thanks Suma. I already know this ofcourse, but they will not form at my heading as i explained. Its not when im moving, but when i tell them all to form on me. They move as if they are getting into proper formation but then all of a sudden they start moving into their own heading. They maintain the formation, but not according to where im facing. It happens here and there and has been around for a very long time.

I will setup something simple and PM it to you.

Suma could you please make the "Copy my Stance Feature" also for crouching possible. Thanks!

AA units still firing with their AA launchers at vehicles and infantry - better if they would only fire at helicopters and planes.

AT units in infantry battles switching to launchers and back to rifles without firing the launcher - better if they would only switch to AT launchers if an OG7 or HEDP round is loaded. M136/RPG18 should be only used by AI to fire at vehicles.

AI using RPG7/RPG18 and M136 often hit the ground in front of their targets even with UltraAI.

AI medics still running around woundeds and dont helping them.

Only AI with sniper rifles should engage turned out crews.

AI pilots flying with AH1Z, KA52 are ok but still crashing with other helicopters eg Mi24 variants, Mi17 variants, MH60S and UH1Y.

Perhaps it helps if the AI pilots will fly at a certain altitude according to behaviour? (eg careless = highest altitude (300m AGL) and for stealth = lowest altitude (50m AGL))

AI pilots should use missiles/rockets and bombs (on their own) from greater distance and altitude.

Increase the use of M203/GP25 grenades for AI.

AI should use smoke to cover their next movement and make it possible that they will throw smoke grenades if they are suppressed or under fire from vehicles/aircraft/static weapons.

What about implemeting a formation feature where the player can customise formations? At least it would be nice to have the two orders for "loose" and "tight" formation. :)

Wondering why BIS devs decided to cut the direct order from OFP eg. "<AI unit> use secondary weapon/launcher", "<AI unit> turn out/turn in", "<AI unit> start/stop engine"? And most important for recon/specop missions why they reworked the direct "Don't fire!" command that now can be overriden by AI? :confused:

USMC officer(?) have "alien-eyes" if you turn the head left or right.

Still in some vehicles the pericopes are not working but in other vehicles they are clear and useable - why?

Good points, would like to add that AI should NOT engage armor with small arms!