Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

ARMA II Beta Builds Released: Latest version/build: 1.04.6xxxx

What is the performance like on the latest beta? Any good?

I have a quad core with all the bells and whistles .... will someone please tell me how to get my game running smoothly?

Post count of 1 and a question that has been asked a thousand times... without supplying any detail will most likely get you no sympathy or help...

do a search.... use your issue or your system spec... there is an answer to every symptom somewhere on this forum already.

Patch 60902:

AI teammates still stay in Danger mode if they feel like it, essentially refusing to move because there is an enemy 600m away behind some buildings that needs careful observation/shooting.

I couldn't get my team to cross a field that I had walked across unharmed and gave them a move waypoint on Safe mode so they could be fashionably late to the rest of the war.

***If I say that it is safe, then it IS SAFE***

I don't care what the AI thinks. My 7-3 command should override their opinion of the situation (and they should inform me when entering auto-danger mode). What if there was a tank platoon coming over the ridgeline and we had to reach cover ASAP and damn the AK-47s 500m away?

Edit: I also got shot through a hanger wall twice in a row. Accurate, semi-automatic fire, not spraying at footsteps. AI detection is still a long way from consistent.

I still notice a performance drop in the Arma2Mark from 4200 points in vanilla Arma 2 down to an average result of 3860 points in the actual beta. With the latest Beta I gained 60 points in the (Beta-)Benchmark in contrast to the previous 6 beta builds.

AMD X 4 @ 3.4 GHZ, 4 GB RAM, HD 4870 1GB, Win 7 x64, 1680 x1050 resolution,Texture Details and Graphics Memory @ Normal, Antisop. @ low , No AA , Landscape @ low, Object Details @ Very High, No shadows, post process effects @ low

I still notice a performance drop in the Arma2Mark from 4200 points in vanilla Arma 2 down to an average result of 3860 points in the actual beta. With the latest Beta I gained 60 points in the (Beta-)Benchmark in contrast to the previous 6 beta builds.

AMD X 4 @ 3.4 GHZ, 4 GB RAM, HD 4870 1GB, Win 7 x64, 1680 x1050 resolution,Texture Details and Graphics Memory @ Normal, Antisop. @ low , No AA , Landscape @ low, Object Details @ Very High, No shadows, post process effects @ low

so which section was the lower FPS? I really cant tell at all any decrease in performance... I dont use Amark for the true metric of performance, it changes on every run,( tho i dont use the first run its way off) i set up a mission in the editor and use it every time to test, no real loss of FPS or "feel" of performance.

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

Patch 60902:

AI teammates still stay in Danger mode if they feel like it, essentially refusing to move because there is an enemy 600m away behind some buildings that needs careful observation/shooting.

I couldn't get my team to cross a field that I had walked across unharmed and gave them a move waypoint on Safe mode so they could be fashionably late to the rest of the war.

I don't care what the AI thinks. My 7-3 command should override their opinion of the situation (and they should inform me when entering auto-danger mode). What if there was a tank platoon coming over the ridgeline and we had to reach cover ASAP and damn the AK-47s 500m away?

Edit: I also got shot through a hanger wall twice in a row. Accurate, semi-automatic fire, not spraying at footsteps. AI detection is still a long way from consistent.

They give the AI some discretion to follow your comand ( its a feature) and they are better at following if they are higher IQ or what ever it is.. So NO they dont always follow... just like in RL ... mistakes happen, yeah i want better awareness for real dangers, like tanks ect for them to run for cover

So this means that if i put 61012 on my server BattlEye wil be active, and only clients with 61012 will be able to join ?

Dorph;1510126']So this means that if i put 61012 on my server BattlEye wil be active' date=' and only clients with 61012 will be able to join ?[/quote']

Good question. This is exactly what I was planning to test when I get home.

Just put 61012 on my server - starting server gives in serverconsole "BattlEye initialization failed" and server dont start up. Putting "BattlEye=0;" in server.cfg lets the server start normal but without BattlEye i guess.

Benny did u get a server running with BattlEye?

Dorph;1510151']Just put 61012 on my server - starting server gives in serverconsole "BattlEye initialization failed" and server dont start up. Putting "BattlEye=0;" in server.cfg lets the server start normal but without BattlEye i guess.

Benny did u get a server running with BattlEye?

How exactly did you put 61012 on your server? Did you upload the patch and install it, or did you simply upload the beta folder?

My server stands right beside me in my home - its not a rentet server. What i always do when new betas around is, i delete betafolder in the Arma2 dir - and install the new beta.

Dorph;1510169']My server stands right beside me in my home - its not a rentet server. What i always do when new betas around is' date=' i delete betafolder in the Arma2 dir - and install the new beta.[/quote']

Okay, so it's obviously not a problem with BattlEye not having been installed. (I'm assuming you installed it when the dialog popped up. ;))

Like I said, I'll test this aswell when I get home. See if I have the same problem.

They give the AI some discretion to follow your comand ( its a feature) and they are better at following if they are higher IQ or what ever it is.. So NO they dont always follow... just like in RL ... mistakes happen, yeah i want better awareness for real dangers, like tanks ect for them to run for cover

Well that feature is not working well because sometimes AI don't spot the enemy 10m away but at other times they spot the enemy far away and out of sight(quite often)!

Patch 60902:

+1

In beta-(908) there is noway to get your men to withdraw fast when enemy tank is closing. And currently your teammates want to take a part in every conflict (no matter if half of them is running out of ammo and are injured). There really should be a command to keep your group following you in every situation.

new beta patch (Build_61032) is released

Changelog:

[61032] Changed: Destroy helicopter if on ground and upside down.

I've found the AI behavior in patch 61012 to be very erratic to say the least.

They get stuck in danger mode and head off wherever they want, when I tell them to "return to formation".

CIT Ticket: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/6476#note-12

YouTube Video:

I hope I could reproduce this somehow.

Same here. They don't listen very well on move orders. Especially regroup. Let's hope the last beta is better.

Comparing the current non-beta to the current beta, I think it's about time BIS releases a "full" patch to get everyone up to the same level again. The difference between beta and non beta is a bit big by now...

Does anyone have the latest beta and can share it? I tried to DL the previous AND this new beta since yesterday but the speed is so low that it times out everytime. Tried so many times now that i have given up.

Better speed needed BIS.

Has anyone done a benchmark comparison between 1.04 and latest beta ? I know some of the latest beta's have been reported to have gone backwards in performance but is it still ahead of 1.04 in terms of smoothness and FPS ?

Rossoe you can only test for yourself. Benchmarks are not very predictable at this time as some changes are good for some, and some changes are not. You can only help by testing the betas and give BIS your feedback. This way we come to a good official patch faster. Some of us test every beta and give feedback to hopefully make the game better. And we are making good progress, but the more we are - the better.

This is the first time i have problem downloading the beta, but normally we are talking about some seconds of DL+install. Not really hard to test yourself is it? ;)

The betas give better performance over 1.04 for sure. But there are more changes that are way better as well. Just test it and help out. IF you can DL the beta that is. High pressure on the site might be the reason at this time.

EDIT: If someone can be kind to offer a DL link for the latest beta i would be super happy. I just cant DL from the main site. 8Kb/s since 2 days now. Its timing out. (have 6000kByte/s download speed...)

Alex

Edited by Alex72