Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

ARMA II Beta Builds Released: Latest version/build: 1.04.6xxxx

I have a question, I have decided to install the latest beta patch because I'm tired of the fecking gunner in my chopper switching weapons on me when Im in the middle of a firefight....that being said, Can I just install this to a @mod folder? will it work like that or nO?

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

basically what I meant to ask, I have a lot of mods I'd like to use & I want to use them as well as the beta patch with my ARMA 2 Addon launcher, is this possible?

I have a question, I have decided to install the latest beta patch because I'm tired of the fecking gunner in my chopper switching weapons on me when Im in the middle of a firefight....that being said, Can I just install this to a @mod folder? will it work like that or nO?

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

basically what I meant to ask, I have a lot of mods I'd like to use & I want to use them as well as the beta patch with my ARMA 2 Addon launcher, is this possible?

When you install the beta patch it automatically installs as a mod so you can load any mod as you normally do along with the beta :)

If i were you i would go for 588, it's far most the best beta of now ;)

it doesnt add it to a mod folder it adds it to a "Beta" folder, I put a @ in the front of it so it looks like @Beta and I select it from my launcher and the game doesnt launch it comes up with a pixel error, and I really dont feel like going in and typing @mod @mod @mod in the command line on my ARMA 2 Beta shortcut, Is there a way around this?

it doesnt add it to a mod folder it adds it to a "Beta" folder, I put a @ in the front of it so it looks like @Beta and I select it from my launcher and the game doesnt launch it comes up with a pixel error, and I really dont feel like going in and typing @mod @mod @mod in the command line on my ARMA 2 Beta shortcut, Is there a way around this?

The @ doesn't make it a mod :p

Remember you have to use the beta arma2.exe to startup the beta mod:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\beta\arma2.exe" -nosplash -mod=beta;

ah ok I understand now, thanks :D

---------- Post added at 06:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

nope didnt work, even selected the ARMA2.exe from my beta file with my launcher, now it comes up with this error:

Error compiling pixel shader PSTreeADv:0

Maybe it don't work with a launcher, personally i got a few links on my desktop with different mods in the command line.

Did you try keeping the beta mod folders original name "beta" instead of @beta?

yep, and this is why I dont install beta patches, Im uninstalling it now.

yep, and this is why I dont install beta patches, Im uninstalling it now.

Because the mod folder name is not using a "@" :confused:

Use the Yoma launcher.

It recognizes the beta folder as a mod folder and when you choose it, it automatically selects the beta exe.

@Tony: oh really? Ill have to check that out, and no JW because it keeps crashing my game lol :(

@Tony: oh really? Ill have to check that out, and no JW because it keeps crashing my game lol :(

Did you try running it from the shortcut it installs when the beta is installed? I know you want to run your mods, but you should try running a mod free beta first. Check in the root Arma2 folder for a shortcut to launch the beta. If it works then you can try some mod managers or (if I were you) edit the properties of the shortcut to include your mods.

Well, that will only because you either left the part of your target line in "" the same as default, or forgot to add -mod=beta to your shortcut. If you're using a launcher, I recommend Alpinestar's. You simply launch it, check the beta folder and make sure "Use beta *.exe" is selected under settings.

It only takes a few seconds to read the install instructions, Drew.

No Zipper Im afraid your completly wrong there, I am useing Alpinestars, not the latest version of Alpinestars but I am useing it, may be there in lies the problem? will test later.

Maybe that launcher doesnt support the beta patches.

Run with the shortcut in your arma2 dir that the beta installer created.

I did and thats when that pixel error appeared and kept crashing my game, I will update my launcher and see if it helps, if not I will try Yoma's launcher.

I did and thats when that pixel error appeared and kept crashing my game, I will update my launcher and see if it helps, if not I will try Yoma's launcher.

The game crash when starting it with the shortcut created by the beta patch installer?

If so you must be doing something wrong :o

new beta!

[60902] Changed: Helicopters crash into the ground condition improved.

[60902] Fixed: Helicopter with automatic gear control open gear earlier when main rotor failure.

ah ok I understand now, thanks :D

nope didnt work, even selected the ARMA2.exe from my beta file with my launcher, now it comes up with this error:

Error compiling pixel shader PSTreeADv:0

TARGET= "E:\ArmA 2\beta\arma2.exe" -mod=beta -nosplash

START IN= "E:\ArmA 2"

It would help if you posted your Target, and Start in.

Repro mission:

FlyInHeightTest.utes.7z (856 bytes)

Although it's probably faster to create the mission yourself than to download and extract it...

Great report and excellent repro. Fixed in 60903

---------- Post added at 22:31 ---------- Previous post was at 22:30 ----------

I'd like to see this tightening routine applied only to player-led groups, if possible.

Tightening routine should be applied only to player-led groups in 60901. Please, test.

The heli's still often crash into the ground. I'll provide a repro mission tomorrow (gotta go sleep now).

All that's needed to reproduce is to put some targets (5-6 infantry squads) in a town surrounded by hills. Then have some heli's fly in with seek and destroy waypoint (i grouped 2 in my test). They never succeed in taking out all squads but still crash into trees on hills, mostly after a low gunrun in the town.

In my test i couldn't even make out a big difference between 1.04.59026 and 1.04.60902.

beta 60902

1) glitch in the shadow of air vehicles over the sea

arma2shadowbug.th.jpg

2) missing string in russian language

arma2stringbug.th.jpg

Edited by Eagleone

I got the beta to work with alpinestars launcher...

after going to settings and making sure you are targeting the beta exe, you have to ensure you are using the '-mod=@beta' (or beta) switch. use the additional command line parameters.

I did notice once the beta exe was selected in settings, all of the mod folders that are automatically sought and put in a list to choose from vanished.

If you want to use all those mods with your launcher, put the folders inside your beta folder.

:D

a word of advice, get the beta working with the tools provided,ie; instructions and shortcut , before you go ahead of yourself and try using launchers and mods and then complain the beta doesn't work.

oh, and, it was the operator! ;)

drewbeta2.jpgdrewbeta1.jpg

If i were you i would go for 588, it's far most the best beta of now ;)

I will bear that opinion in mind, thanks.

Edited by [DirTyDeeDs]-Ziggy-

beta 60902

1) glitch in the shadow of air vehicles over the sea

arma2shadowbug.th.jpg

2) missing string in russian language

arma2stringbug.th.jpg

No, that string misses just in the betapatch(es): when BIS will release 1.05 it won't miss anymore

-Ziggy-;1507033']I got the beta to work with alpinestars launcher...

after going to settings and making sure you are targeting the beta exe' date=' you have to ensure you are using the '-mod=@beta' (or beta) switch. use the additional command line parameters.

I did notice once the beta exe was selected in settings, all of the mod folders that are automatically sought and put in a list to choose from vanished.

If you want to use all those mods with your launcher, put the folders inside your beta folder.

:D

a word of advice, get the beta working with the tools provided,ie; instructions and shortcut , before you go ahead of yourself and try using launchers and mods and then complain the beta doesn't work.

oh, and, it was the operator! ;)

I will bear that opinion in mind, thanks.[/quote']

It's not the opperator, I have done all of the above & its still not working. maybe its the Opperators PC, but its not the opperator its the same damn pixel error.

well, after my own operator error, I am using alpinestars launcher 0.8.5 and beta 588. they work. sorry I couldn't help ya Drew help.

Edited by [DirTyDeeDs]-Ziggy-