Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

We already reached the 4k mark on the other group though. :)

Ahh, good :) but we could get 500 in oa aswell tho :D

Yeah, because voice acting needs to be cinematic in a mil-sim.

Mil-sim. Military simulator. Most militaries do not have 9 year old special forces operators. :D

We reached 500!

500wf.jpg

Looking forward to some news :D

Edited by SASrecon

Looking forward to some news :D

So am I. We shouldn't worry though; BIS always keeps their word. Remember when they said they would release the information in May 2010 and they did? Oh wait... :p

Also impatient to see some news... But damn, please today... I have no acces to PC beside weekends. And I'll be dying if I don't see it today...

So am I. We shouldn't worry though; BIS always keeps their word. Remember when they said they would release the information in May 2010 and they did? Oh wait... :p

Hey that was mean! :(

;)

Is Arrowhead using binary armor? By that I mean varying armor thickness that will make some parts (i.e. hull and turret front) completely invulnerable to lighter shoulder mounted weapons.

Is Arrowhead using binary armor? By that I mean varying armor thickness that will make some parts (i.e. hull and turret front) completely invulnerable to lighter shoulder mounted weapons.

I believe it will be the same as the original ArmA 2; e.g. hit-point system. Unfortunately, this is the only logical conclusion at the moment as not much information has been released or been made available regarding this matter. This does need to be fixed, an RPG-7 is not capable of penetrating the hull of an M1A2; in a related matter, the M136 AT4 is completely useless in ArmA 2 at the moment.

Thanks for the find.

Also, I thought I would post what Foxhound posted on Armaholic about AI Pathfinding and the town generator model.

I placed a single piece of armor inside the module and gave it some waypoints.

Finds it way pretty good, knowing its a module placed town. Not saying it is perfect but was able to drive through the streets, narrow ones as well.

I placed 2 groups of enemies with a seek and destroy waypoint. Was a nice CQB fight. Saw some good stacking and use of corners. Also the AI went inside, even saw them on the first floors.

Sometimes they responded a bit late to an enemies presence across the street though. Looking at it but not shooting which ended up with the other unit killing them.

Placed a single group of blufor, placed a town module. Gave the group some waypoints going across and back through the module and ended up with stuck AI. Tested 3 times and all 3 times the AI went fubar. They started walking in circles, going back and forth within a meter and just stopped walking.

I also noticed the town module seems to be placing pre-defined towns. The buildings of a town are the same, only the objects (dirt, wood piles etc) are in different locations.

Not sure if thats cause the game kind of "caches" the town created with the module and only loads a whole new one when you completely restart OA (will try that some more).

Also the AI pathfinding was still mentioned wip in the readme, so it might be improved in the final version.

Edited by Nightrain

I believe it will be the same as the original ArmA 2; e.g. hit-point system. Unfortunately, this is the only logical conclusion at the moment as not much information has been released or been made available regarding this matter. This does need to be fixed, an RPG-7 is not capable of penetrating the hull of an M1A2; in a related matter, the M136 AT4 is completely useless in ArmA 2 at the moment.

Well , it's not like the AT4 rocket becomes inert if it's fired at anything else besides a tank ...:j:

People use it against light and medium armored targets also.

I placed a single piece of armor inside the module and gave it some waypoints.

Finds it way pretty good, knowing its a module placed town. Not saying it is perfect but was able to drive through the streets, narrow ones as well.

I placed 2 groups of enemies with a seek and destroy waypoint. Was a nice CQB fight. Saw some good stacking and use of corners. Also the AI went inside, even saw them on the first floors.

Sometimes they responded a bit late to an enemies presence across the street though. Looking at it but not shooting which ended up with the other unit killing them.

Placed a single group of blufor, placed a town module. Gave the group some waypoints going across and back through the module and ended up with stuck AI. Tested 3 times and all 3 times the AI went fubar. They started walking in circles, going back and forth within a meter and just stopped walking.

I also noticed the town module seems to be placing pre-defined towns. The buildings of a town are the same, only the objects (dirt, wood piles etc) are in different locations.

Not sure if thats cause the game kind of "caches" the town created with the module and only loads a whole new one when you completely restart OA (will try that some more).

Also the AI pathfinding was still mentioned wip in the readme, so it might be improved in the final version.

Maybe he didn't set the parameters like:

* houseClassesStart = <array>; - List of building classes for first building created (can be used for mosques or town halls, which should be in the center and present only once).

Example: this setvariable ["houseclassesstart",["Land_A_Mosque_big_minaret_1"]];

Default value: Mosques and minaret

* houseClasses = <array>; - List of building classes.

Example: this setvariable ["houseclasses",["Land_House_C_2","Land_House_C_3","Land_House_C_3_dam"]];

Default value: Majority of expansion buildings

So, that steam group surprise never happened.

Maybe it was the town generator module info :p

Guess no surprise then (barring that highly intriguing snippet on the Town generator module naturally) so stuff it I'm going to bed.

There was talk about screenshots.

So, that steam group surprise never happened.

It will arrive in due time. On the other hand, my patience with the "Ask Bohemia" has ran out. It was due a week ago and when someone says they'll do it to a specific date, one keeps that promise.

Either that or schedule a new date. In which case hasn't been done here.

Ugh...If that was the surprise. I could care less If I didnt know about the editor modules until the game was released. I would of liked something nice, maybe screenshots....videos....or a demo. :(

I'll see what Dwarden is upto, I'm pretty sure that wasnt the surprise because I got no Steam event notification saying we reached the quota. I think Dwarden will come through.

On the other hand...I'm still waiting for that FAQ that was due in May. :mad:

I kinda think they will tell us Monday, When they get back into the offices, Because im sure they are having Sunday off.

Am i the only one who thinks some members in this community are overly demanding?

I kinda think they will tell us Monday, When they get back into the offices, Because im sure they are having Sunday off.

Am i the only one who thinks some members in this community are overly demanding?

Yes, if they promised something they should live up to it...

Its not just you...

Dwarden (1): probabl;y till next day

Dwarden (1): i need approval to publish

Dwarden (1): depends if some mighty god appear and give me blessing

So it should be within the next day or so. Don't worry guys, Dwardens got it under control. :)