Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

I wish if we could gain these:

- return vehicle turrets as objects /weapons ((turrets _this) select 0) will return something senseful/

- vehicle cargo handling /query, remove/

- improved magazines handling and adding /magazineObject setAmmoCount count, x addMagazine ["mag",count]/

- minimalHit cfg feature working properly combined with passThrough

Add render-to-texture and we have a superb game

Add render-to-texture and we have a superb game

I second that, add render to texture!!!

^ Indeed, that indeed would be awesome, indeed.

What I would really appreciate is a lot more options when it comes to AI command, like Fly low/high, save AT munitions, work with (not make a team with) x unit to accomplish X units objective, Cover and back-up this unit, etc.

I just checked the store where I bought Arma 2 if it has OA listed and it does: at a higher price than when I bought Arma 2 (pre-order), wtf?!?! :mad:

Is OA really a full priced game?

I just checked the store where I bought Arma 2 if it has OA listed and it does: at a higher price than when I bought Arma 2 (pre-order), wtf?!?! :mad:

Is OA really a full priced game?

Shouldn't be. Jennik said:

A medium ranged price, not a full price like for a regular new game.

A few more updates on Twitter today (just a few min ago):

1/2 We spent the whole of Saturday capturing photos with local MilSim fans. These photos will be used for box covers and posters.
2/2 Screens and making-of video will be released soon.
We have just signed an agreement for distribution of ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead in the Russian territory with 1C Company.

So congrats. First country in order :)

Edited by colossus

heh, twitter might be useful for something afterall :p

however, it is not CONFIRMED that the "making of" vid WILL be OA. its just seems highly likely

I just want to see that damn FLIR at work and the new backpack system. maybe even some new AI demonstrations (which i hope do exist)demonstrating that AI is better suited to handling an urban environment

Wow, I didnt expect it that early

Well...cong everyone, cant bloody wait now

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

heh, twitter might be useful for something afterall :p

however, it is not CONFIRMED that the "making of" vid WILL be OA. its just seems highly likely

I just want to see that damn FLIR at work and the new backpack system. maybe even some new AI demonstrations (which i hope do exist)demonstrating that AI is better suited to handling an urban environment

Well what else would it be then?:confused: I dont get you

Well what else would it be then?:confused: I dont get you

I just said that since its the IDEA game twitter and not the OA twitter. IDEA has other games news listed as well.

there is a small, small chance that the making of vid is not going to feature ArmA or OA.

However, Given the associations with the other posts it seems logical that the vid is going to be for OA

:cool:

I just want a nuke bomb.

Haters gonna hate.

Are you posting just to get a higher post count :j:

IDEA games (BIS) are also making Carrier Command if im not mistaken. But the twitters was 1/2 bla bla milsim, 2/2 video... So i guess its OA. :)

Rayers12: Just get ACE or any standalone nuke addon. With ACE you can even land and reload 3 types of nukes. They are even kind to performance wich older ones never were. They show up on the screen as radioactive and the fallout drift in the wind. But enough OT.

Cant wait for some OA info...! And yes "That Guy" - i wanna see that FLIR too. :)

Speaking of nukes, I know they come in ACE. The ones in ACE are in my opinion poorly made. I want BIS attention to them.

Speaking of IDEA games, you should check out the other developers as they make truly awesome games.

Speaking of OA: FLIR looks cool, but I'm really pumped for the urban warfare. Anyone have a vid of OA combat in action?

I hope the FLIR in OA is better than in VBS 2, as the FLIR in VBS 2 is okay when the camera is up close, but pretty worthless/sucks from a few hunderd meters away.

I was truely disappointed with the VBS 2 FLIR asfter seeing it in action. My hopes were based on the videos I saw of VBS 2 FLIR. And those are real, but taken from a camera standpoint which is very close to the target. If I take a ride in the Apache in VBS 2 and try to find a traget truck a few hunderd meters away through the gunners sight, I'll have a hard time spotting the truck. In that sense, and I hate to say it, Operation Flashpoint-DR implemented it better. You can actually see your target. Although the FLIR in VBS 2 is more advanced, it doesn't pop up unless very close by. And that is highly unrealistic.

If there is no render to texture added, all the FLIR in the world isn't going to make the vehicles more realistic. Seeing that there is no texture to render in VBS2, I don't see it coming to OA. Which by itself means, that those hoping for a more sim like experience flying helicopters and driving tanks will be disappointed like in Arma 2.

We can only hope that they do it better than in VBS 2, else it will still be arcade like, which by itself is ashame, as the engine would be capable of more if an investment was to be made. I still look forward to OA, but I don't expect wonders. I'm affraid we will end up with a simple port of some of VBS 2 features. And that is it. And after having played VBS 2 myself, that isn't all that special, and I'm sorry to say that.

Same applies for the laser sights and such, they don't add much to the game. I was most impressed by the VBS 2 sounds, which are way above those in Arma 2. Maybe VBS 3 will bring it closer to what I would envision of a vehicle and infantary war simulation.

Edited by p75

Thanks for you info p75. Worth taking note of. Lets hpoe BIS take heed, but, I doubt it.

And can someone tell Rayers12 that he may be dreaming. The likelihood of BIS directing it's energys to such a addon are bugger all IMO.

Why bother. Someone else has already made one. Lets try and stop the whingers whinging and patch the game engine. Fine by me.

Twitter:

We have just signed an agreement for distribution of ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead in the GER territory with Morphicon and in HU with Seven M.
Edited by colossus

Well ... then it's for sure I won't buy the german version. I'd like to try the UK version. Are there any news about the other publishers?

@colossus:

You got a twi link for us for news posting?

Twitter:

Wonder if 505 is already set as usual? I hope so. I sent message to them about it but didnt get any reply. Could mean business isnt set in stone yet.

I hope the FLIR in OA is better than in VBS 2, as the FLIR in VBS 2 is okay when the camera is up close, but pretty worthless/sucks from a few hunderd meters away.

I was truely disappointed with the VBS 2 FLIR asfter seeing it in action. My hopes were based on the videos I saw of VBS 2 FLIR. And those are real, but taken from a camera standpoint which is very close to the target. If I take a ride in the Apache in VBS 2 and try to find a traget truck a few hunderd meters away through the gunners sight, I'll have a hard time spotting the truck. In that sense, and I hate to say it, Operation Flashpoint-DR implemented it better. You can actually see your target. Although the FLIR in VBS 2 is more advanced, it doesn't pop up unless very close by. And that is highly unrealistic.

If there is no render to texture added, all the FLIR in the world isn't going to make the vehicles more realistic. Seeing that there is no texture to render in VBS2, I don't see it coming to OA. Which by itself means, that those hoping for a more sim like experience flying helicopters and driving tanks will be disappointed like in Arma 2.

We can only hope that they do it better than in VBS 2, else it will still be arcade like, which by itself is ashame, as the engine would be capable of more if an investment was to be made. I still look forward to OA, but I don't expect wonders. I'm affraid we will end up with a simple port of some of VBS 2 features. And that is it. And after having played VBS 2 myself, that isn't all that special, and I'm sorry to say that.

Same applies for the laser sights and such, they don't add much to the game. I was most impressed by the VBS 2 sounds, which are way above those in Arma 2. Maybe VBS 3 will bring it closer to what I would envision of a vehicle and infantary war simulation.

whats your basis that the VBS2 FLIR is not any good, and, dear god, that the DR FLIR is better?

VBS2 FLIR, not exactly miles away, but not close either. Looks very convincing

I definitely will not be buying from Morphicon. UK import all the way. I just hope the release is simultaneous this time.

so the only problem is the draw distance of objects right? because AFAIK, real life FLIR just doesnt work like what DR shown to be.