Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

For the life of jesus, I don't get it like that. Good pc here. I get what I posted. Maybe DM uses special video settings.

DM, what is your gamma and brightness set at? Can you make a snapshot of your settings?

Yeah your pics are not sharp, and a tad washed out... In your CCC/Desktop propertys/Color, lower the Gama to .85~ and adjust your Bright/contrast till sharp.

If I have a steam copy of arma 2, and I choose to buy a retail box copy of OA, will I be able to play OA with arma 2 content without steam?

Steam has been a big mistake as far as arma 2 goes and I don't really want to have to buy OA steam version for it to be compatible with my arma 2 steam version.

Can't wait for Deadfasts translations and the new CzechTV videos.

FLIR is going to be damn amazing and the performance on my new 9800GTX OC is going to be sweet :yay:

DM, what is your gamma and brightness set at? Can you make a snapshot of your settings?

Without wanting to go too OT:

I run standard nvidia settings (as in the defaults it installs at) on a GTX260SO, windowed @ 1400x1050 settings image

Suffice to say, the OA Thermal simulation will no doubt feature improvements and upgrades over the current VBS implementation.

Yes thats how a Flir should look like. It doesnt light up everything, only warm objects.

You can see it pretey good here. He is aiming at a Tank, at the left you can see some Infantry

I adjusted my settings, and changed the day settings also, its better, but still, it ain't all that.

But isnt it strange how it works perfectly well for DM and, assumably, the rest of the world? You can almost ID the vehicle in his screenshot, at 5500m.

Yep Its a wonderfull system if you imagine thats its pitch dark night and you are still able to see some bad guys at a 5 klicks distance

Without wanting to go too OT:

I run standard nvidia settings (as in the defaults it installs at) on a GTX260SO, windowed @ 1400x1050 settings image

Suffice to say, the OA Thermal simulation will no doubt feature improvements and upgrades over the current VBS implementation.

I'll give it ago, thanks! I'm running an ATI HD4890, maybe it is an ATI issue?

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

Adjusted the settings, picture quality certainly improved. But if I choose white hot, the surroundings are also hot, meaning buildings and such. On your picture the buildings are black and the tank white, which I would expect. Maybe it is an ATI issue.

Perhaps you can take the Flir stuff elsewhere please? It's done nothing but drag this thread waaaaaaaaaaaaay off topic the last page or two :)

Any date for that czech tv part?

I'm am checking the info about the following series of Game Page (the Czech TV game programme) regularly and there is no mention about Arrowhead in the range of 2 weeks (no info about further series). So unless it's a really small event they didn't even bother to mention in the schedule, I guess it won't be earlier.

Perhaps you can take the Flir stuff elsewhere please? It's done nothing but drag this thread waaaaaaaaaaaaay off topic the last page or two :)

Sure, figured out what was wrong, its a driver's issue with the windows I'm running. Fixed it, now I have the same as DM. It's alot better now.

---------- Post added at 08:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 AM ----------

Any date for that czech tv part?

Scnd that!

Sure, figured out what was wrong, its a driver's issue with the windows I'm running. Fixed it, now I have the same as DM. It's alot better now.

So you can go back and fix all your crappy rants in here? Thanks ;)

128x zoom with the rather extreme resolutions we're using on a computer display? I was under the impression that yesterdays and todays FLIR systems had rather limited resolutions. And, 1-128x zoom, are you sure that is optical zoom or digital zoom? Extreme zooms are also prone to distortion and degration of the image you probably won't get in a computer game, although I'm not sure how aberrations will translate into the IR range.

I've been unable to find images from today generation FLIR systems even remotely near the VBS resolution images that is shown above (although HDTV resolutions are coming). Personally I'd like to see arbitrary degraded FLIR image quality to counter the effect of accidental/inadvertently overly good quality due to "bad stuff" not being simulated or neglected.

Just see how bad the NVG situation has become. Excessive contrast and resolution (I switch to 50% 3D res), with a strange reaction to HDR and less reaction to bloom. HDR issues are then "fixed" using addons without consideration to bloom, making them even more powerful. Everyone fights with NVGs, even though it is a one lens system incapable of using any kind of sight. If OA has lasers, isn't it also time to make NVGs sight incapable and "shoot from the hip using lasers and NVG instead"?

Don't get me wrong, I want OA to have VBS2 FLIR just like everyone else, but the suggestions made seem to make it another supervision, similar to the already overpowered NVGs. Mostly I want it to be able to replace todays "IR Radar" which involves no manual labor at all. That being said, I also want limitations to "feel real", unlike the NVGs response to HDR.

Can the admins pls stop/remove the comments about VBS and FLIR?? I visit this thread to read the latest news about OA not VBS/FLIR Bullshit

Hi folks,

I got a response from the Game Page staff (the Czech TV game programme) and they say the second preview of ArmA2:OA will be running on 13.2.2010. I expected it a bit sooner, but it's still better than a poke in the eye :)

Hi folks,

I got a response from the Game Page staff (the Czech TV game programme) and they say the second preview of ArmA2:OA will be running on 13.2.2010. I expected it a bit sooner, but it's still better than a poke in the eye :)

That is good news !

that is quite a bit longer than i thought too :\

at least we know the time. and hopefully there will be actual ingame footage as opposed to cam footage

With so little news at the moment, it's unlikely that OA will come out in first quarter... maybe in june for Arma 2 first anniversary... ?

1,5 year feels a lot for an expansion, isn't it ? (work on OA started in january last year if I remember correctly) or did they got carried away and keep adding stuff ?

Either that or Carrier Command is priority thus making just a small team work on OA. I wouldn't worry to much. Hopefully the longer we wait,

the better quality it will be in. Maybe the Czech TV programme will reveal some answers.

It was about 1 year between Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis and Operation Flashpoint: Resistance,

and roughly 7 months between ArmA: Armed Assault and ArmA: Queen's Gambit.

EDIT: Whatever the cause is, the fact is that they already got publisher contracts to fulfill now and that means deadlines.

Edited by colossus

With so little news at the moment, it's unlikely that OA will come out in first quarter... maybe in june for Arma 2 first anniversary... ?

1,5 year feels a lot for an expansion, isn't it ? (work on OA started in january last year if I remember correctly) or did they got carried away and keep adding stuff ?

It better takes them some extra time, it can only help the product. I hope on improvements. Doubt we get things as render to texture, but hell, we can hope. The Afghan like mountains will be sweet. I didn't like the village generator which I saw in the video, it looked like the thing in Soldier of Fortune 3. And that didn't work either, but perhaps BI can surprise us all and deliver an experience far above Arma 2.

To make games like what BIS is selling I guess you need to be born carried away. If you do it purely for profit like most companies I guess it could be released already.

Like the beer, "worth waiting for".

True FLIR support, flashlights, new map, new campaign, new units

Thats the things will be in AFAIK

What we dont know is how fix the engine was and how many more long waited features/design change will add.

this better be backwards compatible as far as servers and maps go, that's all I'm saying.

More like ArmA2 will be "forwards" compatible with ArmA2:OA.