Sign in to follow this  
gromov

Patch 1.04 suggestions

I just want multi-gpu support and linux dedicated server but that will never happen in 1.04 :(

Allow the settings we use in the settings applet to reflect those settings in the configs. We should not have to tweak configs. We should not have to go in and see config settings not reflective of what settings we desire..... that we manually set in the game settings areas.

If I set 3600 view distance, in the config it should not say 1600. Anyways I am sure you get the picture.

They are. I definately saw confirmation somewhere that they knew about this.

Thanks for the clarification, really appreciate it!

Thanks for the clarification, really appreciate it!

They (smoke grenades) are fixed in the new beta patch now.

My suggestions :

1. FIX THE 8GB PROBLEM

2. FIX THE VRAM PROBLEM WITH NVIDIA CARDS

3. FIX THE 8GB PROBLEM (Just to get the point across)

4. When I lie down with another weapon, i,e, SMAW, the soldier gets his sniper rifle out, why? Just leave the same weapon in his hand, I got shot far too many times cos he's messin about with weapons when I didn't choose them!

5. Fix the new problem with 1.3 where bullets will penetrate through closed doors (See the firestation in the evolution 30 mission)

How about fixing the multiplayer for all of us that can't play online since 1.03, due to the goddamn 'connection failed' issue?

Sounds like a pretty good idea to me.

Thank you BI.

They (smoke grenades) are fixed in the new beta patch now.

Thanks for this also, sorry, I just tried to install the beta patch with the error of... "ArmA 2 is not installed on your computer or installation is corrupted." but it is? I don't know, if you know an answer, please PM, I'm getting off topic with this thread.

I been noticing sound distortion in 1.03 patch it really ruins the fun, i thought it was the sound mod i was using then i tried another mod but got the same thing.

I'd like to add that the smoke grenades dont smoke long enough, what good is smoke to conceal ur movement or show ur position if the stuff stifles out in 30sec.

I'd like to add that the smoke grenades dont smoke long enough, what good is smoke to conceal ur movement or show ur position if the stuff stifles out in 30sec.

You do know that the beta patch fixed that ?

I been noticing sound distortion in 1.03 patch it really ruins the fun, i thought it was the sound mod i was using then i tried another mod but got the same thing.

1.03 beta fixes this as well

You fail at reading...

Top fixes/ improvements for 1.4

Overall preformance

-Texture flickering, very dark shadows, texture loading times, increased resolution and density of textures for high end pc's

Piloting AI and Driver AI is still dumb :confused:

Overall fixing and improving on making animations more fluid and human like

VOIP volume Increased in slider options

Added configurations to MP

Fixed or reworked voice overs for campaign and AI they're very robotic ah! :mad:

Optimization on viewdistances of textures, objects and shadows.

Maybe some multi frame special effects really hate those 1 frame animations, stuff being destroyed. :mad:

Added missing animations and sounds in cockpit. Fix reload animations on RPG7

Thanks BIS.

Overall though if I could only have one fix let it be Optimization period.

I really hope you'd fix the weapon sights. I don't remember which ones work properly and which ones don't, but at least aimpoint is fucked up. TEST THEM, so that you can actually hit something from standing, kneeling and prone positions! Also, since the sights of many weapons seem to be zeroed at different distances, why not let us know what those distances are?

You could also fix the ballistics so that bullets would fly like they fly in real world. Or maybe let us know there too, how fast they go and how fast they drop?

Another thing I'm hoping for 1.04 is smooth mouse back like it is in 1.03, only optional so you can turn it off like in the beta build, or on as you please, since for me and a lot of other ppl it's a real pain to have it forced off. It doesn't really help the issue if you just reverse the problem :)

With regards to sights:

I have just been test sighting at approx 5 metres against a wall.

Generally speaking the only sidearm where the ironsight and the HUD cursor sight are aligned is the M1911.

The Makarov in Ironsight fires above the sight, but in cursor fires down and to the left.

The M9 SD in ironsight fires below the sight thus the player is blocked from seeing the impacts by the weapon itself, but in cursor view, like the Makarov if impacts down and to the left. Very difficult to hit anything effectively with either of these weapons.

The other candidate is the G36SD which when using the HOLO sight has the impact on the top point of the circular reticle. It is also very inacurate, firing a whole magazine, single shot in crouch position at a target aprox 10 metres away, with only two impacts before I was gunned down.

edit: Oh and I should mention that I've testing this on beta 1.03 Build 58834

Edited by Electricleash

In general I agree, but definitely not with this. Heard about "balance through imbalance"?

balance through imbalance

I like it! :yay:

Lag/Desync in COOP after resuming a campaign, especially evident in mission Manhattan.

pleas Fix the problem whit the C-130j cant get in or out and turning one the ground

A-10 gun Sound pleas make it like in real life dont wont tho Dl sound mods

and i have found 1 more problem dont no if they olready no that is when i fly the f-35 ore the harrier full speeds the plane starts tho move left right all the time ?

Daniel;1398000']Please for the love of God get rid of the "mouse click action menu". This wasn't present in OFP or ArmA 1' date=' and falling out of helicopters when attempting to engage a target has finally stopped being funny.

Middle mouse button and Enter have been sufficient since 2001, and resulted in far fewer helicopter crashes.[/quote']

this ^^

get rid of the laiser guns,

every gun shoots at the same spot like a laiser beam.

take a circel for impacts and not a straght line,

for every weapon from SAW,PK, 50.Cal, Gau 8, Cobra gun and and and.

its not star wars.

You do know that the beta patch fixed that ?

ausome

1.03 beta fixes this as well

no shit, the sound distortion was annoying me the most, im going to have to look into the patch, thanks for the headsup

You fail at reading...

your comment wasn't necessary.

what was i supposed to read to know that it was fixed?

that a beta patch came out and fixed it?

I didn't read that, last time i applied a beta patch it screwed something up, only full patches i have been waiting for, so no i didn't read anything about the beta patch.

instead of being a dick, u could be more resourceful and mature and point the way, or mention something else that could be helpful.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Again ill suggest another time the same thing:

Whispering voices please.. Some thing similar to the Dragon Rice voices.

When I buy weapons while I don't have my main weapon out it gets all messed up.

(The guy was standing like he had a handgun but there was none and it fired dragunov rounds...)

Suggestion for BIA:

As a commander, there is no obvious way to command an aircraft to land. The workaround, which is not obvious, is to eject out of the chopper. Or if you are on the ground and want to get in the chopper then you have to order one of your squadmates to get in the chopper, then it will land(or so I'm told - I haven't tried this yet myself).

It would be easier and intuitive if they just added a "land/hover" toggle command.