Sign in to follow this  
gromov

Patch 1.04 suggestions

PLEASE; PLEASE; PLEASE good people of bohemian interactive.

- Make a simple NO DVD patch.

Maybe many of you will not agree with me, but it's so troublesome when I decide to play ARMA2 I have to put inside the DVD.

Unit markings and random numbers to all military vehicles.

PLEASE; PLEASE; PLEASE good people of bohemian interactive.

- Make a simple NO DVD patch.

Maybe many of you will not agree with me, but it's so troublesome when I decide to play ARMA2 I have to put inside the DVD.

You dont need dvd in when launchin newest betas. So there for i think that 1.04 patch will include this too.

pleas Fix the problem whit the C-130j cant get in or out and turning one the ground

I second the c-130 problems. The turning circle is absolutely rubbish and this makes it very difficult to move around the airfield. It's impossible to turn the corners between the taxiways and the runway

Fix the vertical descent rate for all helos when using the keyboard. The helos take forever to descend and the slightest lift to reduce speed, causes the helo to rise. Make the helos control more like arma 1 for helo descent.

Fix the vertical descent rate for all helos when using the keyboard. The helos take forever to descend and the slightest lift to reduce speed, causes the helo to rise. Make the helos control more like arma 1 for helo descent.
Yes, the descent rate is a huge blow to the gameplay.

1) Allowed detailed selection of post-processing effects

2) Move green action icons somewhere other than the centre of the screen, or provide option to turn off altogether

3) Allow separate bind for helicopter collective, or map it by default to be inverse direction of aircraft throttle

4) Increase motorcycle speeds/acceleration

5) Remove/reduce shine effect from glass optics textures(HoloTech and ACOG in particular). Can't see a thing through them at night with nvg. Annoyance does not increase immersion. Don't real optics have anti-reflective coatings?

These were all minor annoyances in ArmA, and they continue to haunt me in ArmA2. Please make it stop.

Edited by Mr.Peanut

Audio/music problems in Main Menu

Fillrate Graphical settings bar not visible in Video options ingame and in Menu :mad:

Freelook camera glitches, being able to see through the people on your back while carrying them, being able to see inside your body.

Increase texture resolution for 1st person model, chest, shoulders.

Being able to delete Main Profile for example the profile crated when the game is installed.

LOD tweaks in video settings besides the view distance, objects always pop up in my face.

Fix the reloading animations on the M240 and M110

Increase acceleration and top speed for vehicles

Improve Vehicle, momentum, physics and handling.

Fix take cover command sometimes the AI wont respond.

Lower sound effects in audio options, even the lowest is still kind of lound with headsets, hard to hear people in 3rd party voip programs.

Main Fixes

Engine Optimizations

Lag, MP Interface

Overall Preformance

AI tweaks, pathfinding fixes for vehicles and fixed wing aircraft.

Edited by Flash Thunder

Please Support more than 2GB Ram!

for example:

It ist wery disappointing thats the 4 Jears old BF2 with the last Patch (1.50 releas this weak) a support for more than 2GB Ram got. Whereas the new ArmA II furthermore only 2GB Ram supported.

thx for reading this and sorry for my bad english ;)

Greeting bensdale

Wow. :eek:

Never realized that it only supports 2gb of RAM!!!!! :mad:

I have 8GB of RAM please add this to the patch to BIS.

PS: went out and bought the physical full copy of ARMA 2 they sell it at Best Buy if anybody is still having problems finding this amazing game in the US.

Change the exe so you don't need the CD in to run it (like ArmA 1 and OFP towards the end)

That way we don't end up fighting with all these no CD/DVD not dectected issues!

Change the exe so you don't need the CD in to run it (like ArmA 1 and OFP towards the end)

That way we don't end up fighting with all these no CD/DVD not dectected issues!

The beta patches don't use a DVD check. I don't know if that is indicative of it being removed for future patches, or is not there because it makes it easier to test them. Or both.

When you driving HMMWV and turn off the game, there is a bug when you want to load it and AI gunner there is in turret. The muzzle flash is visible all the time until the first shot is fired.

It's hard to find enemy in the grass when he lies in it, but this enemy has no problem to take you out... Maybe some problem with AI visibility through the grass?

Please BIS,GAMEBREAKING BUG

"Hold Fire",-is bugged.You as Teamleader order ur Team to hold fire ur in a secure situation and trying to manuver your team in a ambush position or just to not be owerhelmed.Nr.3 or Nr.2 is just ignoring the Order and starts to fire.All others hold Fire like you orderd.There never was danger in that situation and u never have been detected.Please fix that...!

If you want to go further...

Give Leaders better Fire-Lead Options.

I would love to see that my Units -

"Join my Attack'"-Squad is engaging after Teamleaders first Shoot

"Never Fire"-Squad is never firing,also if they would die

"Fire when spotted"-Squad is engaging when spotted

The Command System is the most important thing on SP,so im sure many people would love to see the bug fixed or even the add of those Fireoptions.

this video just proofs it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IP1GzKU9ydk

PLZ fix the javelin in the game :(. For some reason it seems to lack a manual locking system completely, or at least any indication if a target is locked or not. On the easier difficulties it has autolock, and you can see what it's locked onto, but it locks onto targets at random, and you can't switch the locked target unless you move the sight and even then it's almost impossible to get it locked at what you want to shoot.

On the harder difficulty, there SHOULD NOT BE an autolock, but it still seems to lock onto targets at random and sometimes fires the javelin to completely other direction where you want to shoot it. In addition, the icons aren't displayed on the harder difficulties, so there is absolutely no indication what so ever whether your javelin has been locked onto the target you wanna shoot or something else, or anything at all. I'm not sure, but this issue might be present with all weapons in the game that require a target to be locked before firing.

I'm encountering similar problems with the laser marker as well, there's no way to tell whether it's on or off.

Also, before the next patch release, playtest the SP campaign AND the coop campaign to see that they work. Playing the coop campaign with 4 players I could clearly see that it wasn't playtested, since it just plain doesn't work.

:confused: Buildings and forest are too close to taxiways. AI can't handle this and gets stuck. Please rework airfields, that they can be used with the AI driven Hercules too.

armataxiwayproblem.jpg

Not seen any of this this mentioned so far, apologies if I've missed it while searching...

BTR 90 needs some love.. command one every weekend in a campaign so have got quite used to the issues and swearing of my team-mates!

Gunner currently has permanently ZOOMED IN sight so cannot track targets easily and makes it very hard to spot anything due to the tiny viewing angle.

Why not assign use of some weapons to the commander maybe the Konkurs missiles, and/or gren launcher - realistically a BTR commander can take control of ALL 4 weapon systems.. seems poor to have them under gunner control only. Suggest cannon/mg stay under gunner control as the mg is coaxial lol

The HUD could use some tweaking - turret direction indicator to aid driver/gunner/commander co-ordination - a heading indicator for driver so he knows where hes pointed when turned in (a view change from letterbox -> internal then hitting K for Kompass, K to put it away again, then viewchange back kinda sucks and takes a couple of seconds)

(Think some of the HUD changes could apply to LAV as well - dunno, never drive it!)

Drivers view point thru the 'letterbox' when driving uphill/cresting etc is terrible - turned out is the only way to travel fast.

Turning in/out on BTR seems wrong - if the commander is turned out, driver turns out, no problem, but as soon as the commander turns in, the driver automatically turns-in as well?? Surely these should be independant of one another?

Why not add a telescopic sight to the RPG-7 as per your description here - and bring it up to the useability level of the SMAW - the ironsight is pretty inaccurate over 350m or so.. I'll get you 3 shots and 3 kills with a SMAW against APC's at 1100m! never mind the 500m 'effective range' lol

Edited by Tongeh
spelin an grammur

Suggestion regarding the Aimpoint sight:

In real life the Aimpoint is meant to serve as an 'open sight', meaning you can aim with it with both eyes open. Its lenses are designed as such that when you aim with both eyes wide open - and therefore remain far more aware of your surroundings than keeping one eye closed - the red dot will be centred perfectly at the point of impact.

In the game, because you cant look through it with both eyes open, the sight is actually quite restrictive, even the ACOG has a wider field-of-view! I reckon it would be best to either fade much of the parts around the lens on the left hand side of the sight, to simulate both eyes being open, or to make the field of view wider by making the lens look bigger. The Aimpoint was designed to be used at close quarters, and allow you to remain aware!

Why not add a telescopic sight to the RPG-7 as per your description here - and bring it up to the useability level of the SMAW - the ironsight is pretty inaccurate over 350m or so.. I'll get you 3 shots and 3 kills with a SMAW against APC's at 1100m! never mind the 500m 'effective range' lol

All of the manually fired/guided AT weapons in the game are modeled like crap. No matter which AT weapon you shoot, you have to raise the sight a little bit, like aim with the line just below the main crosshair with the SMAW, and shoot, and you'll hit every time, whether you shoot to 100m or 1000m. That's so stupid IMO...

About the tanks and apc's: I think it's just a major bug that the driver can't turn out if the commander or gunner are turned in... The driver can only turn out in very special circumstances (I think it's when the commander is turned out, but it doesn't work every time even then).

Another thing is the refueling or rearming, or even repairing these things... it's a real pain to get it work and sometimes it's just impossible to say, rearm a vehicle. WTH is it with these bugs? Or is it a conscious decision to make it such a pain in the ass? Why can't we just pull up next to an ammo truck and rearm and have it work 100% of the time, not 20% of the time?

I respectfully have a suggestion about the AI radio chat in Russian language. It sounds too much like someone just used that retarded on-line translator. It sounds so funny, so not-military like :) When my squad guys started saying things to me like: Dangerous male, on your left, 200 meters, I for sure poke my head out of the grass to see a "dangerous male". Pretty soon AI spotted more dangerous males all around us, it felt like a serial killer hunt! You guys have money now, so please, please hire some ex-military guy from Russia (not Bulgaria, Poland, Germany or Czech Rep.) so he can tell what military terms they use in radio chats. You got it right in English already, so please do the same thing with the Russians. Good example is what you hear in STALKER game when helicopter pilots chat with each other and with ground control. I bet you can do it too! I just don't want this to become another classic ALL YOUR BASE BELONG TO US type of deal. I hope I didn't offend anyone and this suggestion will be considered in the later patches. Thanks.

fix damn GRAD MLRS need that toy to fly high not just damn 1000 yards game terms lol

What about getting vehicles to reaload full when using ammo trucks etc. They reload the last mag but never fill up. Old thingy that perhaps could get updated?

Agreed on the Laser Designator and Javelin (perhaps Metis) that we need some indication that we are lasing (red light led or something) and the jav/metis something as well. Playing on higher difficulty shows nothing as explained before me.

Edited by Alex72

When I would like to shoot out from a window, the building does not collapse.. this bug has been fixed... but developers just fixed the looking of it, because I tried to shoot out from a window with m203`s, the building did not collapse but everything acted like the way when it collapses .. I can`t move out from the room, because the invisible debris is still there, even the sound of the ground is not walking on wood but on debris

My suggestion is to fix this bug, because if someone else meets with it... I even do not want to imagine what would he do