Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

Real nice Icebreaker. I never understood islands that had an airstrip but no other land mass to go to. Also makes boats useful again. Looking foward to this next release.

looking nice IceBreakr, all you screenshots always look very nice, i guess you must have a good PC or do you do some processing in photoshop.

regarding the island i like the idea of little dirt runway that will useful for some missions. :)

Nice work Icebreakr

Another place to launch an attack from or set up a scud battery.

Is it based off real Mariana Islands?

Sexy, both Vilas and Fox. ;)

Vilas sexy? Well, probably a matter of taste :D

(pardon the joke, must be flu and fever :P)

i have shaved mustache long ago and try to not eat as much pizza as before, so becoming to be sexy of course :D

hello, this is an edit of default russian soldier to give it thicker clothing.

the hands are thicker but they still use skin texture. i don't know how to force the game to use the glove texture i gave it:

80447559.jpg

here is a comparison shot to see difference between original and edit:

36921630.jpg

66491633.jpg

a video compilation of russian soldiers in chechnya so you know i am not lying about the clothes:

Edited by johncage

hey johncage, I like what I'm seeing :) Question - does it affect character animations (stretchy hands, or legs when lying on the ground fopr example?)

And, is it possible to make a character thinner? I'd like to achieve the contrary to what you've shown, reducing the size of shoulders and chests, for a 'I'm wearing a BDU only'-look

thx in advance

@JohnCage - did you change the texture path to the hands? If you have, and it still isn't working, you will need to redefine the "osobnost" selection for each LOD to a) nothing (read: delete the selection) if you are using a head proxy, or b) to the head only if you are using a head model.

This will make the texture change work as expected, and give you gloves, since osobnost defines where to apply each character's face/arms texture.

Just a random screen shot of the DPICM M916 105mm round for ACE2 Artillery...

m916.jpg

Am I spotting USGI ALICE webbing stuff on that Russian guy?

well, it is the bis sample model. go look @ the russians in arma2.

hey johncage, I like what I'm seeing :) Question - does it affect character animations (stretchy hands, or legs when lying on the ground fopr example?)

And, is it possible to make a character thinner? I'd like to achieve the contrary to what you've shown, reducing the size of shoulders and chests, for a 'I'm wearing a BDU only'-look

thx in advance

i've tried various ordinances and launchers animations, as well as movement animations. there seems to be no issue(although the weighing of the bottom of the jacket is a bit weird. but that existed on the original model as well).

as for making the soldier narrower, that is possible as well using scale tools and you also have to keep the relative position similar so it doesn't mess up animation.

@JohnCage - did you change the texture path to the hands? If you have, and it still isn't working, you will need to redefine the "osobnost" selection for each LOD to a) nothing (read: delete the selection) if you are using a head proxy, or b) to the head only if you are using a head model.

This will make the texture change work as expected, and give you gloves, since osobnost defines where to apply each character's face/arms texture.

i've not change the texture path. i just edited the texture from the data file instead. but it is using a head proxy, so perhaps that is the reason. i will try changing the hand texture path. thanks.

Will you be adding a lot of different camo types to the units, johncage? From most pictures of the 1st Chechen War and the battle of Grozny, there was a lot of variety in camo patterns worn, some were wearing khakis which looked like they were from Afghanistan troops, KLMK, tiger pattern, and schofield camo. I'm sure there were more camo patterns too.

Will you be adding a lot of different camo types to the units, johncage? From most pictures of the 1st Chechen War and the battle of Grozny, there was a lot of variety in camo patterns worn, some were wearing khakis which looked like they were from Afghanistan troops, KLMK, tiger pattern, and schofield camo. I'm sure there were more camo patterns too.

i would like to do that eventually, but i have no texturing skills.

all these addons in progress are looking pretty shaweeeeet!

Edited by The Spaceman

screenshot1.jpg

man I love marmoset engine. Too bad it's a bitch to set up a scene. That, or i have no idea how to do it..