Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

Smezzy looking tiger you have there, though what is going on at the tailboom? It looks as if there are some unwelded vertices or something.

Top looking boat there Gnome AS, i like it:)

Adumb the Tiger is looking top too :)

arma2oa2011010113470248.jpg

Watch this space

Edited by DaveP

WPB Anders, still some objects need modelling and tweaking but a lot has been made already:

buldozer201101011456415.th.jpgbuldozer201101011456580.th.jpgbuldozer201101011457135.th.jpgbuldozer201101011457252.th.jpg

WPB Anders, still some objects need modelling and tweaking but a lot has been made already:

That's great!

Was also thinking of making it. I love the look of it.

Updating my Portfolio with something I've always wanted to make.

COMBAT! :D

Looks good dude. Which variants are you planning on doing?

COMBAT! :D

Looks good dude. Which variants are you planning on doing?

Only want to make a ARH variant at this point, I wanted to make this before i made the AH64. strong 7ish years on the backburner.

Haha, and i thought you told me you had enough of the modeling for the next 7 years :p .

City job/school didn't turned out like you planned maybe?

Welcome back :) and good job as always.

Gnome, that's an awesome looking MK V you have there! Any plans on having it CRCC Compatible like the real one (IE CRCC driving onto the stern)?

HT2 (SW)

bmp2m3.jpg

BMP2 wip, now i must find how to make this AGS17 fire from it's barrel instead of main barrel

Gnome, that's an awesome looking MK V you have there! Any plans on having it CRCC Compatible like the real one (IE CRCC driving onto the stern)?

MK V SOC it is :D

I'm going to utilize as many tricks as possible. There are some inherent limitations within the engine. (moving roadway surfaces = fail, best i can tell. limited experience here though..)

I think we'll be able simulate a reasonable insertion/extraction platform with the CRRCs. Most likely by way of actions/scripts and some clever loading/unloading timing with attachTo type things.

BMP looking sexy there vilas ;)

_

Edited by Gnome_AS

Nice work Vilas,

If it's too hard to make the grenades come out of the launcher maybe just have a script that makes the firing effects come from the grenade launchers barrel even thou its really coming out of the main gun

Looks great Vilas!

Is the grenade launcher the commanders weapon? Might be easier that way.

Experimenting with a different Russian Camo pattern today for the Gecko

top 2 pics are slightly greener in colour

The last one is proper colour (small adjustment was done to go slightly browner on green)

9k33rus5s.JPG

Larger Image

9k33rus6s.JPG

Larger Image

9k33rus7s.JPG

Larger Image

Edited by vasmkd
one more screen

Just a quick note regarding painting wear on your model:

Behind the side windows of the crew cab up front, there are vertical scratches. How did those scratches get there? One would expect scratches caused by scratching against branches to be more or less horizontal. These must be caused by some crew activity... so what kind of activity caused these scratches?

Bad offroad conditions next to banks, trees, boulders when vehicle suddenly drops a foot or so but i have to get a dent in there on those petruding horizontal lines

Or it could just bored Russian soldiers playing with knives waiting for their next order;)

Or What Darkhorse said ;)

On a serious note comments like this bring stuff closer to perfection, i reckon i can still make this look better even thou alot of ppl tell me it's very good already, especially since this is my first reskinning project to do but i guess i won't settle for it's good lol. I hope that's a good thing as my goal is to make it brilliant.

Also the scratch layer is from my previous Russian reskin so it's not final. I am in the process of trying to make the scratch layer look better by keeping the best ones and adding some odd deeper gashes here and there but have been pretty flat out with things at home and i'm still looking for a better scratch and rust tutorial and also looking to do nicer edge wear and grime build up.

The only thing iv'e really changed on this WIP report is the camo and a few dirty and wear effects, i like this camo pattern better personally (only just) but it would be interesting to see if ppl like previous Russian one or this better (could include both)

cheers

vasmkd

Edited by vasmkd

Yeah, for this project or some future project. Logical wear marks give the piece a lot of life.

I'm just putting the final touches on the magazine. This project taught me a lot about texturing! For this texture I used no photographic sources (just as reference), and no automated processes other than a bump map to normal map converter (edit: Oh! And an AO bake). Everything you see there is pure me :)

XMS_Magazine.jpg

In contrast to my post above, you can see some places where I got lazy and made some illogical wear marks. In a couple of cases I used them to highlight an area, but in others I was probably just sleep deprived or feeling apathetic.

edit: Also, there's a problem with this shader where objects are semi transparent when they're both infront and behind another object or something... at any rate, that's why you can see the scope through the carry handle a bit.

Edited by Max Power

Gnat;1825643']Looks great Vilas!

Is the grenade launcher the commanders weapon? Might be easier that way.

there is a problem

if i will give commander this weapon - than - observer would not be able to turn around (cause this grenadelauncher is only moving vertically) while camera should also move horizontally

Vilas, maybe a BWP-40 after this one?

800px-bwp-40_ntw_12_93_2.jpg

or the BWP-1 Puma?

i-i09-10-090puma-2.jpg

i-i09-10-090puma-1.jpg

Edited by topas

Yeah, for this project or some future project. Logical wear marks give the piece a lot of life.

I'm just putting the final touches on the magazine. This project taught me a lot about texturing! For this texture I used no photographic sources (just as reference), and no automated processes other than a bump map to normal map converter (edit: Oh! And an AO bake). Everything you see there is pure me :)

XMS_Magazine.jpg

In contrast to my post above, you can see some places where I got lazy and made some illogical wear marks. In a couple of cases I used them to highlight an area, but in others I was probably just sleep deprived or feeling apathetic.

edit: Also, there's a problem with this shader where objects are semi transparent when they're both infront and behind another object or something... at any rate, that's why you can see the scope through the carry handle a bit.

Very nice! Did you use any special texturing tutorials for this that you would recommend? I would really like to become a lot less dependent on real photos when texturing myself too :) Got a new tablet laptop here as well which should prove excellent for this.

MK V SOC it is :D

I'm going to utilize as many tricks as possible. There are some inherent limitations within the engine. (moving roadway surfaces = fail, best i can tell. limited experience here though..)

I think we'll be able simulate a reasonable insertion/extraction platform with the CRRCs. Most likely by way of actions/scripts and some clever loading/unloading timing with attachTo type things.

_

Cant wait to see it ingame. was hoping to see ACE pick up on this with their SWCC addon, but no avail so far. Do you plan on using standard uniforms or the new spawar NWU's? http://www.itstactical.com/2010/08/11/nwu-aor-whats-the-deal-with-the-new-navy-uniforms/