Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

She's coming along! :) I remember this model from a while ago, now that I see the vent work in front of the passenger seat. I think I remember commenting on it saying that the vanes in the vents on those vehicles don't get thinner as they get closer together... but no matter. It's looking alright.

Nice! Some dusting and maybe rust would top it off. Can't wait to ride along in it!

Murtoo, yes, please release it ! :)

ok, addon part done now i'm working on scripts. What writing you want on tail and bottom? Like Us coast guard or something else?

I think it's perfect now...

But if you have time you can maybe retexture your chopper in civillians variants... ?

Was working 12hr shifts the last few nights so i havn't had much time lately but just cooked this up while learning to make some effects in PS

This is no final result as the wet dark dirty effects won't be in final version, i'll be doing bis style raised mud effects with the creamy colour to match the hatch and also this version was just from having fun learning in PS which is why it's a little over the top in some visual effects. Well i think so anyway.

GeckoEffects2.jpg

Click here For Larger Image

Edited by vasmkd
url typo

:) seems like there are reasons why Photoshop is better than my OEM Corel, are there mud-layers for Corel ? i was looking for something like this and every time i had to use "spray" tool with brown color

upper radar will be added (SA8 is still not finished)

Was working 12hr shifts the last few nights so i havn't had much time lately but just cooked this up while learning to make some effects in PS

This is no final result as the wet dark dirty effects won't be in final version, i'll be doing bis style raised mud effects with the creamy colour to match the hatch and also this version was just from having fun learning in PS which is why it's a little over the top in some visual effects. Well i think so anyway.

Looks excellent mate, really good job.

I believe that the red and white painting is used mainly for parades?

I'm not familiar with corel, i think i used it with a 386 at school back in the dark ages but that would of been like an ancient version. In PS i can just use filters to make it look raised.

Yeah noticed there was no radar working.

Also noticed i can't look left/right properly and the steering response is limited.

Ah another thing it swims too low, window is under water

But apart from those not finished things it's going to be a superb addon when finished

Glad u like it so far Vilas, for a noob i think i'm getting there and exceeded my expectations for sure in such a short time and i would hate to make a bad retexture for such a cool vehicle.

I think a little less brush effects would be nice on Russian version and ofcourse i will tone the colour to bis vehicles as close as possible. If its kind of close for each layer (camo colour) i can easily tweak it

Also i will add a few darker shades on paint job where exhaust is etc

Going to add more brush splatter, scratch effects soon to insurgent version and make plenty of scratch effect layers, rust layers and mud layers. I was doing a scratch making tutorial i found today and it worked for the Gecko

:) seems like there are reasons why Photoshop is better than my OEM Corel, are there mud-layers for Corel ? i was looking for something like this and every time i had to use "spray" tool with brown color

upper radar will be added (SA8 is still not finished)

@St3rv , thanks mate, every comment i get like that makes me feel more confident in texturing

Vilas is the true hero, he makes a good vehicle to texture

@TheSun, the camo version i was 1st trying to do 1st had red tips and full red at back (see few pages back)

I can get rid of them if people don't like them, vitually take me 2 seconds

@Also anyone feel free to comment on anything u don't like about it (texture related)

I learn best that way and would appreciate negative feedback too

Edited by vasmkd

vasmkd - the dust or dirty on it is too much orange - mostly it look like getting rust or something :p

vasmkd + TheSun - Yes these colors are used for presentations/exhibitions + parades/propaganda. Usually vehicles are painted with the camo scheme or just one color (green/brown/beige...). Guess a special + shiny parade design would fit into some A2+OA missions too. :)

vasmkd - the dust or dirty on it is too much orange - mostly it look like getting rust or something :p

I agree here 100%.

But this test version has an excuse as it's been floating in salt water alot around Utes and rusting :P

@Vilas

Now i know why it's sinking a little too deep in water when swimming ;)

vasmkd + TheSun - Yes these colors are used for presentations/exhibitions + parades/propaganda. Usually vehicles are painted with the camo scheme or just one color (green/brown/beige...). Guess a special + shiny parade design would fit into some A2+OA missions too. :)

A green russian version might be coming (maybe) and the russian camo version will probably lose the red tips

Also i plan to make the russian camo version in desert, at this stage by changing layer colours but it may be a whole new design

Will start on CDF and Taki versions after New Year but u never know i might surprise ya's

Edited by vasmkd
spelling and updated comments

I agree with Robert Hammer. I would start off with something like off grey dirt and see where that takes you. Like, beige. Splashy mud for some reason seems to go quite light coloured. I don't think mud should also perfectly trace the outline of the bottom of the vehicle, and it should be mostly opaque. Mud is less a dye and more an external layer of some thickness. You should spend a little time figuring out how the wheels are involved in making the vehicle dirty and add some directional splashes in that way.

The scratches and dirt and stuff are visually interesting. It is coming along very nicely!

vap_1_06s.jpg

vap_1_07s.jpg

vap_1_08s.jpg

Beta test will come before christmas, i hope :)

This is sort of off topic, but we have a couple of recommended testers in the Trusted Tester - Beta Testers forum group if you're recruiting.

ooo thanx for this link, nice to know it, where to push some addons :D

As more people become aware of the group, and recommend more testers, hopefully the service will become useful :)

super :)

need to propagate it :D

cause some addonmakers are so busy (real-life issues) that they have no even time to play it on editor (just open, take a look, get in, get out, move some meters, fire once or twice and release, cause no time to check it better)

i even had no time to sewn broken pocket in my jacket, so... such testing group deserve big thanx for spending their time for good of all of us here

Jay and I should probably suggest some people/groups in there because we have had a pretty wonderful crew for ACRE so far. They are willing to put up with a LOT of crap! :p