Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

For sure. I'll add you to the devs list. Please recommend individuals you personally trust :) Groups can't join the beta tester social group. The whole thing about that group is that developers can track the 'reputation' of individual beta testers (provided they choose to report to the service) through recommendations or cautions, so it's important to be as specific as possible. The idea behind it is that testers will make a good name for themselves through honest work and will be called on more often for more exciting projects where discretion is necessary. The people who recommend testers will be tied to those testers through a post history. Hopefully that will limit the number of people who join to recommend their friends and fuck off with beta versions for their group, never to be heard from again.

edit: This discussion is making a hypocrite out of me (spamming the wip thread), so further enquiries should be directed to my pm inbox :)

Edited by Max Power

prowler wolf, very nice. Especially those paths in the snow look super for sneaky around in the snow... keep it up.

wow that's some crazy terrain detail. does it run smoothly? i wish BI would/would've developed a lod system for the terrain model too. i'd love to use that kind of detail on big maps too.

I worked on a new reskin of Vilas's SA-8 Gecko last night at work :)

I'm getting better at this (still a noob) and here is a Russian version

This is no means a final version so please let me know ur thoughts

Merry Xmas to everyone too:yay:

sa8rus11.jpg

For larger Image click here

sa8rus22.jpg

sa8rus33.jpg

cheers,

Vasmkd

I really like the way it's shaping up, vasmkd! I'm actually struggling to get a hang of texturing vehicles for the first time. I find the whole "one part here and a few parts elsewhere" a bit difficult to get use to--especially when trying to do a camo pattern that looks like it "flows" smoothly instead of ending abruptly and looking like a pile of dog crap. I must say my eye is drawn to the camo pattern. I'm liking how you did it. Very nice work. :)

I must say my eye is drawn to the camo pattern.

Isn't that technically a bad thing... :p

Excellent! Maybe add some noise to the metal but otherwise very nice

Vasmkd - nice ,but i think the "white" colour from your camo is too much yellow/orange

if you look this you will see what i mean > http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y45/ThePieSpy/arma22009-08-0713-39-50-01.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y45/ThePieSpy/arma22009-08-0713-40-48-96.jpg

(reskin of bmp2 made by ThePieSpy)

Tweak it more to white/grey colour and it will be fine :)

Edited by RobertHammer

Isn't that technically a bad thing... :p

Really? I always thought that was a good thing, lol. Oops! Well either way, I meant I liked it. :p:D

Really? I always thought that was a good thing, lol. Oops! Well either way, I meant I liked it. :p:D

Attention grabbing camo sort of defeats the purpose of camo! :D

Anyway, it looks good! :bounce3:

Thanks for all the comments guys

RH i have already made it greyish white and touched up the camo pattern a little

Also added a little grain and few scratches

I'll put some ingame pics up when i get home as i don't have a copy of ARMA2 on work pc

Merry Xmas

I really like the way it's shaping up, vasmkd! I'm actually struggling to get a hang of texturing vehicles for the first time. I find the whole "one part here and a few parts elsewhere" a bit difficult to get use to--especially when trying to do a camo pattern that looks like it "flows" smoothly instead of ending abruptly and looking like a pile of dog crap. I must say my eye is drawn to the camo pattern. I'm liking how you did it. Very nice work. :)

If you've got 3DSmax 2011, you can utilise the viewport canvas feature to paint an undercoat on it seamlessly. Works best with graphics tablets. :)

st3rv, just got a Cintiq for Christmas, but don't have 3dMax. I'll have to check into it--especially if it's going to make my life a wee bit easier when it comes to texturing vehicles. ;) Thanks for the tip! :)

st3rv, just got a Cintiq for Christmas, but don't have 3dMax. I'll have to check into it--especially if it's going to make my life a wee bit easier when it comes to texturing vehicles. ;) Thanks for the tip! :)

Lucky. I got an ALICE pack.

@vasmkd - Glad to see you are carrying on with the Project Red Bear logo. Very nice work on the SAM unit as well.

@Suhsjake

Project Red Bear isn't happening, it's been dead for a long time.

I just kept the signature since i designed it with help from the wifey and it looked cool lol

Anyway i added some WIP shots with a near final Russian Version, this is pretty close to a final but i won't release until Vilas finishes the model and until i have done CDF, Ins and Takistan reskins and desert and maybe a parade green version

ssa8_1g.JPG

Larger Image

ssa8_2g.JPG

Larger Image

ssa8_3g.JPG

Larger Image

ssa8_4.JPG

Larger Image

Edited by vasmkd
added WIP pics

Thanks guys, i think i have done a good job at this, especially with the colour tweaked now:)

If there's anything on the gecko texture i can fix, make look better let me know and i'll give it a try.

Hi,

Very good work VASMKD, and VILAS as well! That kind of thing make my day! :)

Any plan to retexture the good old BIS ZSU-23-4 in russian camo to have a realistic AA battery?

Again great job! I'm waiting for your next project!

Thank you very much!

-Luc-