Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Mod 2

Awesome news! The whole community is indeed fortunate to receive this early Christmas gift. Thank you for all your hard work ACE team! :bounce3:

Is ACE2 Server Side as well?

Yes.

News of the ACE2 release date has made my day. Thank you ACE Team for putting forth so much effort in your work.

About the countdown: remember that Sickboy said "planned in the WEEK of 7 december" :) so if it's not released on monday don't start with the "OMGZOMFM i uant it nau " ok?:rolleyes:

About the countdown: remember that Sickboy said "planned in the WEEK of 7 december" :) so if it's not released on monday don't start with the "OMGZOMFM i uant it nau " ok?:rolleyes:

don't worry, i woun't blame ace team, since i can wait, i gonna blame the countdown for failing to countdown exact date :)

A.C.E. Mod for ArmA 2, Official Announcement!

It has been nearly 1 year, since the A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Mod, for ArmA 1, was released.

Since that release, we have been constantly working on our Mod, to improve it, expand it, and fix the things we could.

In the meantime, ArmA 2 has been released for about 6 months, and our attention has been on the mod for ArmA 2, for at least that long.

Today we would like to announce our plans for a Public Release.

As with ACE1, we have decided to start with a Public Beta Release, planned for the week of 7 December.

We intend to keep updating our Mod on a daily basis in this Public Beta stage.

We do this to get as much feedback and bug reports as possible, as soon as possible, and provide everyone the latest code to test.

Then before the end of the year, we hope to deliver a few promised, finalized features, and fix immediate issues that are found.

What is A.C.E. and what is it not

A.C.E. for ArmA 2 is a full conversion mod and is based on A.C.E. for ArmA 1, which was based on WGL for OFP.

The WGL roots were "When realism matters". We lifted this already a little bit with A.C.E. 1.

And with A.C.E. 2 it is no different. We try to keep a balance between realism and gameplay. We try not to sacrifice either in name of the other.

We try to please as many as possible, but it is simply impossible to please all.

Please feel free to give constructive feedback on our choices.

The Package

The A.C.E. Package for ArmA 2 consists out of 3 building blocks:

CBA and ACE are a requirement, while ACEX is an optional expansion pack.

This way, we hope to support our users who have requested smaller mod size, and ability to concentrate on their type of units/vehicles/weapons for countries they like to play with/against.

Status

Much of the Mod has been rewritten / optimized, and we have based our workflow and tools on CBA methods.

Compatibility

We strive to keep our addons/mods as compatible as possible with others.

Sometimes this is not possible, or there were specific reasons why we had to go some way.

Please feel free to supply feedback on any compatibility issue you might encounter.

Installer, Updater, Patcher

There have been significant changes to the way we distribute our Mod.

Due to the ever growing sizes of content, and thus installers and updates, we have switched to a realtime patching system, called rSync, which is the core tool of the "Six Updater" Suite.

The software, once installed, can be used to install, update, maintain and repair managed modfolders.

It uses smart technologies to minimize the amount of data that needs to be downloaded, and is a very lightweight and fast protocol.

The technology has been in use for several months by the ACE team, and individual testers aswell as communities.

Documentation will be provided, and support delivered where possible.

Our milestone releases will be available in easy mirrorable 7z files, to minimize the stress on the rsync system, and give people casual means to download the initial install.

Mirrors

HTTP / FTP

We are looking for http / ftp mirrors to release our Milestone 7z's on.

Rsync

We are looking for rsync mirrors. An rsync mirror can be setup on any linux or Windows (using Cygwin) server.

Total connections and overal bandwidth can be limited.

More info soon.

hello m8 we at www.operationreality.org would be very happy to set up a http/ftp/rsync mirror for you .we are base in europe

please contact us on our ts

at

ORC Europe and North America:

Label: ORC NA/EU

IP: 85.235.232.77:8768

Password: grimbergen

Edited by Lightninguk

Announcement

We wanted to take some time and expand on the post that Sickboy made earlier today. Many of us who have dedicated countless hours to the development and testing of the current incarnation of ACE are just as excited as our fans about the impending release. Realizing that many of you have played ACE1, we feel it is appropriate to give a few more details about our initial public beta.

First of all, I will call your attention to our wiki page:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Features_of_ACE2

Here you will find our current list of features for ACE2. Some of you may notice that a few of the features from ACE1 will not be found in the beta1 release of ACE2. This is important to emphasize for those of you who are mission makers. Some features of your ArmA1/ACE1 missions may not work in ArmA2/ACE2. I am, happy to say, however, that development is ongoing, and we have not forgotten about a single feature in ACE1. It is our desire to have all of the old features back and working in ACE2. FYI, Wounding is still under development and will be slated for beta2 release, who's release is already scheduled.

Second, as I have tried to emphasize before, with regards to the optional ACEX expansion, not all of the content from ACE1 will be ported over. There are various reasons for this but again, these things have not been forgotten. There will be no SCAR rifles or HK41x series rifles in the initial beta. Still, I am pleased to say that Panda has begun work on a complete overhaul of the HKs to improve on an already impressive series of content. Also, ACEX:PLA, which is currently in alpha stage, will require resources to complete. In addition to this, there are some cool new features under development in the area of mines, armor, crew served weapons, and others. Tis is a massive undertaking and we simply cannot take requests for weapons and weapon combos.. We do not have the resources to do this but remember, ACE2 was designed to allow an addon maker to use his own custom content with the mod.

We look forward to next week and stay tuned for further updates.

Edited by scubaman3D

amazing news! probably the biggest mod news I have heard for months!

Really nice feature. Really nice to know that will be release, just a question, and sorry for my ignorance, will it be compatible with steam version?

Regards and great work.