Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Mod 2

hey norsu!I am not a "purist" I am just a NOOB!

With purists I merely ment people (including myself) who want to keep their registry as clean as possible by running only the necessary exes.

Wow guys, very nice update vid!! :)

And as explained, anyone worried about an EXE installer - it only installs the modfolders as they should be installed (noob proof & simple) and then creates a shortcut on your desktop. Remove the shortcut and add the created ACE2 folder to your excisting shortcut or refresh your launchers and add it there.

The installer does not mess anything up or force you to use the ACE2 shortcut. Its all good.

A quick comment on Sickboy's installer. I've been using this for months now.

1. It's web-based. Setup takes just a few minutes. It lets you manage updates on a whole bunch of mods, not just ACE. You can pick and chose, customise very easily. It'll even make shortcuts for you for the mods you want as an option.

2. It's fast. Installs take minutes not hours.

3. It be purty. You get updates on progress as the files come in.

4. No more full vs update stuff. You just tell it to update/install. It figures out what needs to be fetched and installed for you.

I can agree with some earlier posts that the latin proverb tends to get way too much space. Sure, it can be there to read for the patriots, but I find it odd and tasteless to slam something in people's faces (like the ACE1 trailer) when most of the people not having been in the armed forces (and even some of those who have been, especially depending on nationality) don't have a clue about what it means.

Have it where it fits, but don't wage a battle against good design just to squeeze it in. The ACE logotype sure is enough :)

I guess we must be doing a good job if we have resorted to nitpicking on such highly important things as our motto. :rolleyes:

Looks outstanding. I don't know if it's been asked/answered, but is 'camera shake' utilised for simulating shock (e.g. from explosions), or does the game not make it possible?

Looks outstanding. I don't know if it's been asked/answered, but is 'camera shake' utilised for simulating shock (e.g. from explosions), or does the game not make it possible?

From ACE2's feature list:

Camera Shake

Being close to violent explosions will cause your point of view to shake due to the shockwave jarring you.

Or did you mean as a consequence AFTER the explosion has detonated? Like walking with a camera wobble/shake? It seems like its by impact - rumble/shake wich to me seems very nice.

Maybe even if the filmgrain could be used during that shake in a nice way plus desaturate the colors a little. To simulate shock, fear, lack of focus and lack of air gone out of your lungs. And only during that fast shake. Not a prolonged effect. Sounds like a bad idea? Too arcady? I think it would be very nice if made proper with not too much of it all. Just an idea - if possible.

Alex

Thanks Alex, I swore I scrutinised that feature list but obviously I missed that. Can't wait to see it in action.

Had an idea regarding helicopters. Since you guys (ACE team) are breaking new ground again i thaught of a little idea that could be tested among yourself and see if it gives any immersion.

Im thinking about the shakes you get when flying in a helo. Anyone that has been up in a chopper knows its a shaky ride. Ofcourse eyes and body compensates a lot, but it is shaky. So my idea is just that - make it shake when being in a started/flying helo.

And to make it good and not give headaches and making people angry etc it should just be slight shake. Very slight. But enough to "feel" it. I dont know how to make it in the best way: World shakes or helicopter model shakes when seen from 1st person. Dont know if the latter will add to immersion though.

So again, not a heavy shake cause that i wouldnt be able to cope with either. just thinking of some nice slight one that isnt too jerky but very small and smooth oscillations kinda.

ACE is always breaking new ground and taking us to places we never been before, and i thaught maybe this could be an idea to test among you. :) Dumb idea?

Alex

Mousewheel would also be very good.

Hmmm. Press button for mills adjustment, it displays at the top/middle of the screen, fairly large, as that is what you'd be looking at anyway (unless you're good enough to not look), hover over either the wind or elev mils display and roll the mouse to change. THAT would be downright awesome, almost as good as reaching up and twisting the knobs themselves. :eek:

No clicking required.

To bounce off Alex72s post above. It would be great.

Allowing the passengers/pilots to "feel" the airframe being vibrated. Perhaps up to a certain speed, the settings could be the same as it is now. (Maybe have the 'head bob' effect?) However once over a certain speed and turn ratio/banking/G-force the passengers will feel the G-force of the aircraft. (slight blur of the screen)

Keep up the great work ACE team.

However once over a certain speed and turn ratio/banking/G-force the passengers will feel the G-force of the aircraft. (slight blur of the screen)

Alternatively the screen could be pulled with of the direction change, You pull up you sink, you turn left you slide left. Along with this, the pitch of the head could me made to try to keep looking in the previous direction depending on the degree of rotation, and amount of G forces applied, will determine how much and how vigorously the head tries to move, once the vehicle has regained a steady course of movement the head snaps back to neutral.

Notice I said vehicle, imagine sitting in the back of a Humvee, or a transport truck on a dirt road. It would add a sense of movement, every bump would be "felt" instead of just sitting in a static position looking at the side asking if we're moving yet, only to find out we're already there. You would know that you were starting because you would slide to the back slightly and you would know when you stopped, because you would slide to the front, you would even know if you had a bad driver because he hit every god damn tree on the way in. :D

Is this not sort of implemented into the tracked vehicles in A2 vanilla?

Anyway .. yes a better version of it for most vehicles would be good, but maybe a little less for pilot/driver depending on how much it impairs viewing.

I saw that new update vid via Armed assault info .. very impressive.

I haven't read through all this thread but have you thought about importing (having) the new WIP glow sticks, flashlight, cs gas and mine mod in the works? (Slap me for being lazy if this is already asked).

Are you sure you saw the

vid? :) That one shows our glowsticks and flashlight. Also we have our own gas grenades and AP mines.

Have seen the videos and has wondering...

I heard the .50 spent casing sound like "hiting" the roof of vehicle when when shooting.

So here is my question: "We gona have the spent shell's on the ground for a while like in ACE?"

Since i saw some people complainig about this, saying that causes lag's on servers, has wondering if this feature has removed or not on ACE 2.

Cant seen if yes on videos.

I am crazy to see the SKS in action :D

Are you sure you saw the
vid? :) That one shows our glowsticks and flashlight. Also we have our own gas grenades and AP mines.

Im sorry, anyway cool its in, I was referring to the "

" modders making a pack and wasn't sure, but thanks for posting ... sorry to repeat.

That vid is just a drool fest, much like all the others :)

Is there a chance to maybe scoop up these videos and the specifics with some Q&A (most obvious asked things) through this rather huge thread and place it in the first post? The first post is a bit of a non info section and if you come here late on the thread is massive .. just a small thing, if you have time (I would guess working on this not much LOL)

Edited by mrcash2009

Did you borrow the ACU soldiers from Binkowski, or they are yer own?

Ah that Elevation and azimuth feature in the video is very encouraging. That means you must have mortars that will be able to do indirect fire as well correct. And with that they will be able to break down and move as in WGL?

Also great rifle models as well. Will the lasers work on them?

Edited by gunterlund21

Have seen the videos and has wondering...

I heard the .50 spent casing sound like "hiting" the roof of vehicle when when shooting.

So here is my question: "We gona have the spent shell's on the ground for a while like in ACE?"

Since i saw some people complainig about this, saying that causes lag's on servers, has wondering if this feature has removed or not on ACE 2.

Isn't this feature client side only? :confused:

Alternatively the screen could be pulled with of the direction change, You pull up you sink, you turn left you slide left. Along with this, the pitch of the head could me made to try to keep looking in the previous direction depending on the degree of rotation, and amount of G forces applied, will determine how much and how vigorously the head tries to move, once the vehicle has regained a steady course of movement the head snaps back to neutral.

Notice I said vehicle, imagine sitting in the back of a Humvee, or a transport truck on a dirt road. It would add a sense of movement, every bump would be "felt" instead of just sitting in a static position looking at the side asking if we're moving yet, only to find out we're already there. You would know that you were starting because you would slide to the back slightly and you would know when you stopped, because you would slide to the front, you would even know if you had a bad driver because he hit every god damn tree on the way in. :D

Something like

?

Thats somethin really, REALLY cool.... add A2 shaders and you have a whole new experience.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1442573&postcount=130

Give It a Check: http://dev-heaven.net/projects/show/ace-mod

Binkowski is a ACE Mod Developer, must be he's work on the vid :D.

Isn't this feature client side only? :confused:

Thats wy i asked.

Some people has saying that has a bug on the casted empyt shell who may cause some server lag.That made me confuse :$

Edited by jhoson14

Are you sure you saw the

Yes but what you dont have is ninjas:yay:

I'm a developer in the ACE team. So yes, they are the projects. I donated them.