Sign in to follow this  
funnyguy1

ARMA 2 DE 1.01 (final) Impressions - Post ALL Impressions/Videos/Screenies Here

why is everyone whining? nothing but crybabys. go somewhere else with all these shitty reviews. cant take it anymore, not a single post which says thanks BIS, for a huge step forward from arma 1 to arma 2

Oleg, I understand your frustration.

Don't give up yet. The German release was not ready and its was NOT BIS idea but Morphicon (stupid/greedy).

Wait until the next patch (sometime later this month) then try it again.

Hopefully some/most problems will be fixed.

Intel Core Quad 2.4

4GB DDR-2

QuadroFx 4600

Asus striker Extreme

Creative X-fi Soudblaster xtreme music

i do love what they have done, but saying thank for game in which you cant even complite a mission in multiplayer coop,seems to me abit to much.Give me a productof high quality and i`ll thanks them forever,each time i play this game.

why is everyone whining? nothing but crybabys. go somewhere else with all these shitty reviews. cant take it anymore, not a single post which says thanks BIS, for a huge step forward from arma 1 to arma 2

well how far i remeber there was never a list of svaed games and it never bothered me, it pushed me to be more careful.

Also I dont know what you meant that tere is no balance, that the game let you no time to react when they shot at you. What you expect? Some indicators of fire? Also remeber, that the AI can also hear you, so they dont need to see to locate you.

Also about the bullets, this isnt a rambo game, one bullet can kill you quite easily. You must tactizate etc.

Surtenly there are bugs, like in every game, but they will be patched. I think that you confused some feature with bugs maybe?

"why is everyone whining? nothing but crybabys. go somewhere else with all these shitty reviews. cant take it anymore, not a single post which says thanks BIS, for a huge step forward from arma 1 to arma 2 "

The forum is full of of "thanks BIS" threads, I want to hear also other opinions about a game running hard on high end computers. There are too many unfinished games at full price so I want to hear more before spending my money on it.

Derk Yall:"AI can also hear you"

I don`t expect any fire locators no need in this , but show me a man who can hear me on the distance of 300-500 meters .By the time i`m croughing in grass,so they can`t see me.Love realism of game, but it`s just a bit to hard, and i`m not saying i`m a bad player, totaly different, but they way you get killed , is just to hard to play with.

QuadroFX is really crappy at 3d games. No wonder he give ArmA2 bad marks. That card is made for cad/3d cad. Geforce8/9/2xx series runs rings around the FX in 3d games.

Ok, sorry, my fault, I thinked that you were runing near them. Have you tried the beta patch?

Well, for starters, The Quadro is not really meant for games. Different drivers for the quadro may explain why it is crashing so often.

I have a similar rig but with 8800GT and it's really not as bad as you seem to think...

You CAN turn AI smartness down in difficulty if it's too hard for ya....

"why is everyone whining? nothing but crybabys. go somewhere else with all these shitty reviews. cant take it anymore, not a single post which says thanks BIS, for a huge step forward from arma 1 to arma 2 "

Why are people whinning... Because they spent money on somthing that isnt finished maybe. People want to play the campain not just keep having to create scenarios or whatnot. He posts a review on his experience with the game, if he has trouble with crashes and various game haulting bugs then why should he not reveiw it how he sees it. Also people keep saying its a huge step up from ARMA and OFP but come on people so it should be!! Dont be such a fanboy and respect other peoples opinions.

Edited by chrismvts

Lol, i run Crysis on highest settings and you say quadro sucks , yes it`s not mean for games but for professional 3d.In anyway crysis runs without lags on highest setting and by comparing graphics with Arma 2,hmmm.... , where i run everything on normal to get memory leak less in a time.There is no game in which i get some lags, all the newest games of nextgen ,graphic i run perfectly.

Not only i get crashed and all this bugs ,but my friend also who have PC:

8GB DDR2

athlon 64 fx 62 dual core 3.0

gforce 8800 ultra sli

Edited by Oleg-Russia

Speak for yourself :P

Also, you didn't mention once about ArmA (or even OFP?).

The real release? You mean the release with 1.01 instead of 1.01 beta? Dont think it will do any huge differences.

@Oleg : It's not that quadro sucks, they're cool cards, but they have different drivers optimised for cad work, and which can cause problems if the game was not tested to support it.

Crysis worked ? That's good, maybe they had tested it on quadro, maybe you got "lucky" that no specific CAD feature were interfering with the game... and maybe it's not the case with Arma 2...

Nothing wrong with you or you card, it's just bad luck that you can't enjoy this great game (to be?).

Well my friend gets the very same problems, while he have 2x8800 ultra.So it`s not because of drivers, and i`m not sayijng i cant play it ,but memory overloads ,what cause the crash, and iot`s with everybody,who i know, looks like game do not clean memory cash , and after it says "out of memory",by everyone i know.

Well my friend gets the very same problems, while he have 2x8800 ultra.So it`s not because of drivers, and i`m not sayijng i cant play it ,but memory overloads ,what cause the crash, and iot`s with everybody,who i know, looks like game do not clean memory cash , and after it says "out of memory",by everyone i know.

nvidia sucks for arma. Get AMD card and it will work and not crash.

Oleg-Russia,

Did you buy the German DVD or did you use one the download sellers?

I am just asking, not accusing, but I have heard people with the "torrent" complain about the memory errors.

Merged Oleg-Russias Review thread in here.

AI spots me even before i spot him

wow

no doubt AI is cheating

{jk} it would be funny if it turns out that FADE helps AI against these who deserve it {/jk}

Not mine, but I found this little gem:

Mortars testing Smoke, WP, and Illumination.

Anyone know if WP has any dangerous properties?

Another one, island flying in HD. Gorgeous place. Haven't seen it here yet.

But trying to remain 'thread awareness' has become a nightmare here :D

Edited by CarlGustaffa

Here is a short video I made while in a 50 person multiplayer coop match earlier today. There is not a whole lot of action because I was not in the game for very long but I got some good shots of a large scale troop dropoff by multiple helicopters as well as an airborne drop on a town. Sorry no sound, fraps still wont record sound for me :(