Sign in to follow this  
funnyguy1

ARMA 2 DE 1.01 (final) Impressions - Post ALL Impressions/Videos/Screenies Here

Low quality vid showing what happens when you shoot the pilot of a chopper mid-air:

All Videos available in HD:

AV8B Laser-Guided Bomb:

M119 "Willie Pete":

M119 Illuminating:

MLRS Firing Mission:

Mass parajump during an A2 Air Cav Event friday evening... about 50 players.

Video made by Mr.Burns

And I was the pilot :P

The C130 turning circle is still a little bit to... :)

Xeno

Edited by Xeno

All Videos available in HD:

AV8B Laser-Guided Bomb:

M119 "Willie Pete":

M119 Illuminating:

MLRS Firing Mission:

+2 WL, for showing us some great footage.

Mass parajump during an A2 Air Cav Event friday evening... about 50 players.

Video made by Mr.Burns

And I was the pilot :P

The C130 turning circle is still a little bit to... :)

Xeno

Awesome, gotta play on your server more often. Today I saw it had a password - is it normally open for public or not?

one thing i dislike from the videos, is the particle system, i mean the follage the environment are great the aircraft fly and its just wicked sounds are solid, the gun models are pretty good... but the particle system sooo needs tweaking

the smoke just doesn't feel... "thick" and the fire especially leaves a good bit to be desired i mean i don't "feel" the explosions from the look of them the sound is their but it just doesn't look awesome when something blows up ... but thats just my 2 cents

<--- has watched the crysis tweaked nuke videos too often (

/
)

i know this is Arma and it's about scope and scale and well sim... but still considering arma took such a big step forward in graphics i kinda was expecting more from the particle system

B.I did it again....this games kudos...woah havent been here for ages...Took these screenies today so i thought i'd pop by.

flash2 (1).jpg

flash2 (3).jpg

flash2 (4).jpg

flash2 (5).jpg

flash2 (2).jpg

Edited by Xeo
Pics over 100kb

Found some really nice Footage:

Edited by Desert
typo

Found some really nice Footage:

Very nice indeed! :cool:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAOziwwzAak&hl=de&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAOziwwzAak&hl=de&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Armed Assault II german version 1.01

I'm just playing around with units and logics in the editor. Dont want to touch the campaign until 1.02 (or whatever version will be out end of June.

All I can say by now is: Wow...this game has much more good features than I expected. In just another six months this might be ONE AND ONLY GAME of the next few ears to come....just like OFP was to me back in 2001.

Armed Assault II german version 1.01

I'm just playing around with units and logics in the editor. Dont want to touch the campaign until 1.02 (or whatever version will be out end of June.

All I can say by now is: Wow...this game has much more good features than I expected. In just another six months this might be ONE AND ONLY GAME of the next few ears to come....just like OFP was to me back in 2001.

I understand. I dont want to touch the campaign with this version after reading so many complaints. The game is probably great without the bugs and better AI path finding in cars, so im waiting for some of it to be fixed.

Low quality vid showing what happens when you shoot the pilot of a chopper mid-air:

Many worried about this. Should be fixed tough

Many worried about this. Should be fixed tough

Hi ^Th0mas^

Err why?

Shoot pilot

Helicopter crash

But did not come down hard enough to destruct

Problem is?

By the way if the helicopter was dammaged and came down hard enough it would like this:

See it at 2:15 and 2.46

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

wow thats cool man, that confirms that the AI isnt uber.

AI IN ARMA2 DOES NOT SEE THROUGH BUSHES ...

They also didn't in ArmA1 ...

Whats your point?

Hi bravo 6

The old myths of XRay vision AI are comming up again.

fabrizioT is just testing it with a proper experiment as far as bushes are concerned.

Same as I did with the AI having eyes in the back of their head myth.

Kind Regards walker

Ok, i just hope people do not confuse bushes as "complete" (with ViewGeom. Lod) models with clutters.

In the video is clearly a model and not a clutter. Thats why i mentioned the above to distinguish things.

edit:

look what i found while surfing the net.. haha :D

this reminds me:will we be able to fire from the c130 ramp? like in VBS1 couple year ago?

Edited by bravo 6
typo

Hahahaha thats amazing! I could never understand what that command meant. Thanks!

i bought the german version, and i have not even patched it to the latest patch yet. i go into the game *terrain on normal, shadows on normal, evrything else on high* and i get smooth gameplay with no slow down. in ARMA 1 i had to run everything on normal or LOW due to the horrible optimization, but i have to say, you guys outdid yourselves this time. good job.