Sign in to follow this  
funnyguy1

ARMA 2 DE 1.01 (final) Impressions - Post ALL Impressions/Videos/Screenies Here

arma2-2009-05-29-21-55-51-6.jpg

while admiring this picture i reminded to ask what happens to the ocean if the weather becomes stormy?

Can someone try it out please?

what happens to the ocean if the weather becomes stormy?

Can someone try it out please?

as far as i can see, nothing at all happens. :o i think you might be expecting a bit much, as ArmA 2 is not a naval simulation and BIS is not Akella. ;)

as far as i can see, nothing at all happens. :o i think you might be expecting a bit much, as ArmA 2 is not a naval simulation and BIS is not Akella. ;)

Get the romanians from sh4 to do the sea scapes and weather for them :D

im not expecting anything huge.. just a simple difference, like we had in ArmA1.

im not expecting anything huge.. just a simple difference, like we had in ArmA1.

what was the difference there? maybe there is a difference in ArmA 2 as well, i'm just not seeing it. :confused:

ok since my topic got locked because it seems the truth and a discussion about the SP campaign is not wanted just let me tell you this.

arma 2 is fubar.

the SP does not work at all. it is crap crap mega crap.

MP is not much better.

dont waste your money on this.

cant be arsed to go into detail. and for certain i wont post bug reports. it is so obviously broken that every 5 year old would have caught on had BI actually bothered to play test this turd.

money well wasted.

i guess though that by the time OPF 2 comes out they will have patch arma up to playable standard.

ok trying to get my moneys worth in MP now.

edit: i hope this is the correct thread now. might have posted accidentally in the screenshot thread.

ok since my topic got locked because it seems the truth and a discussion about the SP campaign is not wanted just let me tell you this.

arma 2 is fubar.

the SP does not work at all. it is crap crap mega crap.

MP is not much better.

dont waste your money on this.

cant be arsed to go into detail. and for certain i wont post bug reports. it is so obviously broken that every 5 year old would have caught on had BI actually bothered to play test this turd.

money well wasted.

i guess though that by the time OPF 2 comes out they will have patch arma up to playable standard.

ok trying to get my moneys worth in MP now.

edit: i hope this is the correct thread now. might have posted accidentally in the screenshot thread.

blaa blaa. ArmA 2 is the game of the year 2009 it's great. Do u even have the 1.01 patch, or are you playing with a illegal copy which certainly is fubar because of FADE, or have you triggered FADE with the language patch thingy?

Hi all

Well okarr seems to have thrown is teddy out his pram :D

Would be better for him if he reported his "bugs" but for some reason he seems reluctant.

Most people I have spoken to say ArmA II is great. Infact most of them have uninstalled ArmA I and replaced it. OFP stayed on most peoples computers for a month or two when ArmA came out but the switch over to ArmA II is much faster.

Nearly all my Online buddies have switched totaly and the rest are waiting for 505 release.

The videos look fantastic and all the personal reports I am hearing are saying ArmA II is GOTY material.

On an unrelated point it is also good to hear that the dear old anti cheat/piracy software sometimes called Fade is working so well.

Kind Regards walker

Wasn't it locked because we already have this thread which serves the purpose just fine for what you want to post? They even told you to come here and post rather than opening a new thread.

well did you turn into a bird? :D

/JK

I think everyone can have their choose, but putting it into troll or black mouthing wont make things better, if you buy the game and dont like it, i have no problem for you to return it, but please, for god sakes, dont waste your time here

ITT fanboys who havent played the game yet and will have a rude awakening on international release day :D

btw. i m playing the petersgames german version. i m really not out for a fight. i m just so damn disappointed with this release. i expected bugs, infact i expected a ton of them as i have played arma and opf. but sadly this takes the cake. :( yes, it is that bad.

sadly MP is not much better as i am finding out at the moment :(

ITT fanboys who havent played the game yet and will have a rude awakening on international release day :D

Or people like myself who've been playing it for a week and having loads of fun? :rolleyes:

Get lost.

so the single player campaign works for you ? and you are not having massive problems online as soon as there is more than 20 people?

please tell me your secret.

well i wondered if petergames have a returning policy

really if people is so disapointed and upset i think they should really return the game, it wont hurt your pocket in anyway

so the single player campaign works for you ? and you are not having massive problems online as soon as there is more than 20 people?

please tell me your secret.

I waited for the 1.01 beta until I played anything but with the editor. And yes, I know there are bugs. I'm just saying it's not the end of the world and the game is still awesome for many people, including myself.

well i wondered if petergames have a returning policy

Returning video games is difficult, at least in Germany. Once the game has been opened, you could have easily copied out the CD-Key, so you're not allowed to return it. I feel bad for all the germans who bought the game in good faith and had to play with the bugs. People who imported the game from Germany because they couldn't wait three weeks have only themselves to blame.

Edited by MadDogX

all the personal reports I am hearing are saying ArmA II is GOTY material.

who have you been talking to? :confused: :eek: i like the game so far and i expect the bugs to get sorted out in the coming patches, but GOTY, in this state? at this time of the year? jesus, that's ridiculous.

I dont want to start another negative rant about ARMA 2 here.

I am a OFP / ARMA player from day one. Call me a fanboy. I have always seen the potential of this series and I was hoping, BI gets it fixed with ARMA 2. I am very disappointed.

I will probably play the game in Multiplayer Mode in the future, but the Campaign - ESPECIALLY WITHE THE 1.01 PATCH - is unplayable from the "... bear ... " Mission on (after Manhattan which was great fun with the new Patch). My Team Members just don't respond to anything I try to do (I went through all the options, tried all the tricks). So I finished this Mission alone, hoping the next mission would be better.

"Einoede" is a really nice mission. But - my Team Members don't follow me again. So I decide to do this Mission Single again. It was difficult and took a long time. But you just have to hide in a barn or a factory. The AI will never come in.:confused: So I finished this mission, liberated both cities. And the Mission did not finish. Couldn't Call in for extraction. No option anywhere in the Menus. Many options seem to have changed to Multiplayer mode : Buy things, repair things,.... I was getting money for every kill... That kind of stuff. WTF??? So the only way to end this mission was to use ENDMISSION. :-(

Now finally. The last mission. Me and my Team Members are discussing. But - wait a second. NAPA is red??? Team Members shoot back ? Aren't they supposed to be our allies? Anyway... we all die before we even finish our discussion. Again... tried a couple of things - but - had to use ENDMISSION again. :-(

Then the short end sequence - people were celebrating the helicopter - not us - while we walked by.

I'm just disappointed. Som many obvious bugs, and logic errors. every kid could have discovered them on pre release tesing.

WHY???

Multiplayer is fun, though!!!! And that is what I like ARMa for...

Edited by Placebo

Hi Fred DM

You obvously do not remember or did not play BIS's OFP when it came out. CTDs, lockups, no JIP, crumpled buildings, Campaign missions that would not complete, heck it was still suffering from player clipping when it was replaced with ArmA, it was not right until 1.49 I think it was but it still won the GOTY.

It is not being bug free that wins a GOTY; it is the sum of all its parts, and being ground breaking and what I hearing ArmA II has that in spades.Most people who have it are enjoying the campaign and saying the MP campaign is something totaly radical. Look how fast the addons are getting ported. The missons are already being ported and new ones made. The new functions with logics will permit amazing thingas will the new attachTo command. ArmA will be patched and improved because BIS are not CM or EA. In all honnesty I think ArmA II is going to be tsunami in gaming that swamps out all the competition.

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

The videos look fantastic and all the personal reports I am hearing are saying ArmA II is GOTY material

:eek: ROFLMAO!

You obvously do not remember or did not play BIS's OFP when it came out. CTDs, lockups, no JIP, crumpled buildings, Campaign missions that would not complete, heck it was still suffering from player clipping when it was replaced with ArmA but it still won the GOTY.

you're right; i don't remember how bad a state OpF was in when it was released. i only remember i've played it for ages and never knew it was bugged. i looked at games differently back then, i guess.

OpF won GOTY mainly for its ground-breaking novelty. there had previously never been anything like it, and together with the Delta Force series it shaped the genre of open-world military action games.

can you seriously say the same about ArmA 2?

plus, back then, most people were willing to forgive BIS for the bugs in OpF. 8 years later, industry standards have changed. the same bugs that would have been acceptable in 2001 aren't anymore.

Edited by Fred DM

Hi walker

Can I have some of that stuff you are smoking?

Kind Regards eenter

i guess if the missions werent ported we d acctually have nothing to play online :D

I agree with walker.

Arma2 really only needs three things in order to be a great (GOTY material) game:

1. Fix the campaign. (mainly a scripting issue)

2. Fix the multiplayer bugs. (join bug, improvements to the MP UI)

3. Improve performance. (mainly around towns)

Those are the main issues that break the game for most people. If it were possible to complete the campaign without any problems, many of the biggest complaints with the game would already be gone.

Other than that, stuff like crashes are the usual problems you get in any game. The AI is obviously not perfect but still a lot of fun to play with, especially since the patch.

A quick request guys, can we see some artillery actually used in the heat of battle? ALl the artillery demos have been pretty sterile so far. Maybe a mortar strike on an enemy strongpoint in an assault?

Another great simple feature that was missing in Arma and that's back in Arma2:

You can shoot tires and they deflate again! YAY, no more replace the tire texture with rusty texture.

I've seen vehicles with deflated tires, but also vehicles with tire entirely gone.

And it does have bugs, but the overall gameplay is great.