Sign in to follow this  
funnyguy1

ARMA 2 DE 1.01 (final) Impressions - Post ALL Impressions/Videos/Screenies Here

haha i just seen the ingame footage of OFP2: DR

oh god it looks horrible and its like all u guys said , an battlefield-fied arma

haha oh my sugar blossoms! its horrible :S :yay::yay::yay:

Edited by ascendence

I bought Arma2 yesterday and at the one hand I am amazed by the scope of this game but one the hand it has so many problems.

The vehicle driving feels like driving a brick, not a humvee...it is already a challenge to stay on the road.

I got 8gig of ram, a quadcore and a hd4800 but whatever i do my frames are about 30fps. Everything looks very unsharp/unclear/unfocused and all textures that are further away then some meters have a very,very bad quality.

My hope rests in the next patch :)

Curry

while surfing I found this, not mine.

Advice to all fans and players and to BIS.

I liked this video and demonstration, thanks Rockofsl ;)

Since I expressed extensivly what I (still) do not like in the OFP/ArmA series, it is fair to mention all the lovely things I appreciate:

- the vegetation: Brilliant, so rich, enemies are really hidden and hard to spot for a human. I have really problems to enter most villages full with AI hidden in bushes in and around the villages

- the MP GUI, still not perfect, but much better then in ArmA 1

- the sound, not perfect, but a HUGE improvement

- the European style vegetation, I simply feel "home", was feed up by all this desert style maps (South Sahrani...)

- lots of details/objects/addons: The spinning radars.......camo net......boxes with communication equipment.....it adds a LOT to the overall atmosphere.

- the girls - beautiful :D

- the ingame voicechat: sound is much better compared to ArmA1 IMHO

while surfing I found this, not mine.

Advice to all fans and players and to BIS.

I liked this video and demonstration, thanks Rockofsl ;)

Amen

Also, the Artillery video looks impressive.

Can anyone use the smoke and GPS to get inside the town while full of AI? Do they see thru the smoke?

"Here are my fav. movies/reviews:

1. For ppl who complain about the stupid AI.

"Small AI Presentation" from GOL clan on youtube - Just "wow". I'm impressed.

"ArmA 2 has very good AI" by hegemonful - shows raction time/accuracy and ROF

Funnyguy1:""AI surrender" by MikeDixonUK - AI do surrender, you need a game logic for that.

1.01 AI demo by ChristianCohn - ROF, engagement range etc. Really nice!

Suppressive fire test by ChristianCohn - it really does suppress you"

I can`t say i have seen AI reacting and coordinating in the game world as good as in those videos on youtube .For most of the time AI was lying on the ground and doing nothing,till the moment i drive AI to death on apc.

Edited by Oleg-Russia

Seems different people have been having radically different experiences with the AI. In the past week of playing Arma2 I personally haven't seen a single AI stand around "confused". I've only read about it and seen it in videos. ;)

Hello guys I have a few questions regarding ArmA II and I hope you guys can shed some light on it for me.

1) To what extent can you or your AI suppress other AI? And what are the effects if you can suppress them?

2) Smoke grenades, WP and Smoke Shells do they block AI view?

3) How much deviation is there (if any) on bullets at longer ranges and especially on AT weapons?

From what I have seen so far from YouTube and friends who have it in the UK (Went to Germany for it :bounce3:) The game sounds looks and feels great, however this is something that I would really like to know. Even if the above question all return false or no I will still buy ArmA II when it comes to my parts of the world. Buying ArmA II was always a must and never a maybe for me :)

DVD-release

Are you sure you're using retail + 1.01? Because your "review" sounds very much like it's based on 1.00 most people have reported that 1.01 fixes many of the things you're complaining about.

Uploaded a new multi-player game play video. It is made up of clips from Evolution and is all intense urban fighting. Has a couple of game play features like some destroyed buildings and some suppressive fire from a tank. Enjoy and sorry about the shotty fps.

Uploaded a new multi-player game play video. It is made up of clips from Evolution and is all intense urban fighting. Has a couple of game play features like some destroyed buildings and some suppressive fire from a tank. Enjoy and sorry about the shotty fps.

I love the MP videos, keep em coming! :yay:

Despite the complaints, a helluva lot of stuff has been done very very well (if at times unpolished), I especially like how the AI will actually use cover now without being commanded to 'HIDE' every 10 seconds, on the whole it's a good beefing up of the series that it really needed in terms of content, features, and really utilising the sort of modifications that were discovered post release for OFP and Arma (animations of vehicles, animation of weapons on firing/reload, climbing over stuff, etc.)

Oh yeah, and the Russians have some great kit, loving the Pecheneg

I still think the weapon sounds are weak. Some of them are the same ones I heard from ARMA 1. Some are pretty good though. The game looks very good vanilla, the only thing I'd download is probably a sound mod whenever I get around to playing it :)

Might want to watch your picture file-sizes. ;)

492674e0.jpg

Edited by Zipper5

i am a little confused about the AI and adding the game logic to it-

So i understand you need to add the game logic for supressive fire or to surrender- but are there limited logics your able to add- or is it like they will only do supressive fire if you add that logic?

And why is there a need to add these logics at all, why cant they just do it as needed?

If you're making a mission, and you need game logic X you place it in the editor. If you don need it you don't have to switch anything off, you just don't use that game logic. It's 100000000(.....)000 times easier than in ofp/ArmA.

It's an advantage for missionmakers. And if you're new to OFP/ArmA/ArmA2 I tell you, the number of missions, addons and mods for BIS games is so big that my brain hurts when I try to thing about just the half of it.

Can't arrest Bardarek at his camp in the castle. The Civil car is inside the castle wall and Bardarek is not there. Tried reverting campaign several times. I have found Bardarek one time but he gave no response. This is after Final 1.01 patch

any chance that someone can upload some sniping videos i cant find any on youtube from the release.... im a die hard sniper from just about every game i play so would love to see how insane sniping and if its varied...

anyone????

any chance that someone can upload some sniping videos i cant find any on youtube from the release.... im a die hard sniper from just about every game i play so would love to see how insane sniping and if its varied...

anyone????

are you serious? :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAw0HwfjQM0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UCE11z5ia4&feature=related

The best sniping experience comes from mods though, where you can adjust the scope to compensate for gravity and elevation. (like ACE mod) But there may take some time for these mods to pop up in Arma 2 :)

Edited by sparks50

Now that I've been playing for awhile I'd like to share this impression:

In my opinion, departing from the island concept was a mistake. I understand the idea of mapping real world areas, but the territory delineation into empty space is akward. In other words, big green empty space is awful, especially when flying upon it. I wonder why you didn't make Chernarus an island? Instead of the green space there could have been water. Make giant cliffs if necessary. I wonder if anyone else shares this impression.

As mentioned many times on this forum, Fresh![NUTZ], the "awkward green space" is temporary. I presume you're talking about what you see on the edges of the map? BIS have said it's likely that it will be changed in a future release or patch, most likely the 505 Games release of ArmA II. Plus, Chernarus is a lot more believable than Sahrani, and I may argue that it's more believable than any of the OFP islands (though they were pretty damn awesome themselves) so deviating from islands is a plus for me.

;1299975']Now that I've been playing for awhile I'd like to share this impression:

In my opinion' date=' departing from the island concept was a mistake. I understand the idea of mapping real world areas, but the territory delineation into empty space is akward. In other words, big green empty space is awful, especially when flying upon it. I wonder why you didn't make Chernarus an island? Instead of the green space there could have been water. Make giant cliffs if necessary. I wonder if anyone else shares this impression.[/quote']

After the 505 release that border of land will be replaced with random generating terrain.

It isnt in the German release just yet.

And in co-op it will be generating the same terrain for everybody so there are no mismatches.

Sorry Zipper, I guess I missed that fact. Glad to hear it's temporary. And yes, Chernarus is beautiful!