Sign in to follow this  
funnyguy1

ARMA 2 DE 1.01 (final) Impressions - Post ALL Impressions/Videos/Screenies Here

Yes, bought the German version, but I sure want the english version if its in better shape.

Sorry ^Th0mas^

It was just that yesterday and in several previous posts it seemed like you had not yet bought it.

Indeed!

Btw, how is the flight AI ?? Helicopters and planes!

Kind Regards walker

The AI doesnt suck when I play. Maybe ur CPU cant handle it?

Walker why do you keep asking people if they've bought a copy of the game? Saw you asking 4-in-1 twice over different threads? If you want to know PM them. This is the impressions thread.

People, just because someone writes a 3,000 word epic whinge about the game doesn't mean you have to quote the whole damn thing again in reply. Snip parts out of simply say "In reply to bla blah".

Sorry ^Th0mas^

It was just that yesterday and in several previous posts it seemed like you had not yet bought it.

Kind Regards walker

You say yesterday. Thats not today..

Hi Placebo

I am just trying to assess if the person has the game and is giving us their opinion of it based on experience but I will now address the question via PM.

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

Thanks, and leave my asses out of it thanks ;)

I keep seeing that people refer to the German version and that they will wait for the 505 UK version.

I bought the German version, but my expectation is that they are the same game, it's just the 505 later release will have had some of the kinks worked out.

ALL versions (german release & later 505 UK release) will all be patched to same version and there will be no differences. Wasn't this how it was with ARMA1?

Sure the german version will give you more of a rocky ride, but then you are getting it earlier aren't you.

Personally I'd much rather get my hands on it early with the understanding there will be some issues.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I keep seeing that people refer to the German version and that they will wait for the 505 UK version.

I bought the German version, but my expectation is that they are the same game, it's just the 505 later release will have had some of the kinks worked out.

ALL versions (german release & later 505 UK release) will all be patched to same version and there will be no differences. Wasn't this how it was with ARMA1?

Sure the german version will give you more of a rocky ride, but then you are getting it earlier aren't you.

Personally I'd much rather get my hands on it early with the understanding there will be some issues.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

you've got it right, methinks. however, it is debatable if you want to support Morphicon's decision to release the game early by buying "their" version.

Hi mr71mb0

German version is in German.

To play it in English people are using an unofficial patch or a MOD. People using an unofficial patch will probably suffer from the copy and cheat protection being triggered. Those who use a MOD folder probably do not suffer from the cheat and copy protection being triggered but may find that having a MOD folder prevents them from entering servers that do not permit it.

Still playing it in German may be a good way of learning a language.

By the way I am looking forward to using the Chernarus to improve my Czech language understanding. I know there is now a language training system included in VBS2.

Kind Regards walker

you've got it right, methinks. however, it is debatable if you want to support Morphicon's decision to release the game early by buying "their" version.

tbh I don't really care what they get upto, ARMA2 excited me and I had to have it as soon as possible. If you had to wait till a game was perfect and had no bugs then they would never get released, so complex are they these days.

I also get so sick of seeing previews of how ace these games are and then have to wait a year or more to get hold of them.

That's why as a non German speaking UK resident I bought this version and I'll put up with the little annoyances till they get it all fixed.

tbh I don't really care what they get upto, ARMA2 excited me and I had to have it as soon as possible. If you had to wait till a game was perfect and had no bugs then they would never get released, so complex are they these days.

I also get so sick of seeing previews of how ace these games are and then have to wait a year or more to get hold of them.

That's why as a non German speaking UK resident I bought this version and I'll put up with the little annoyances till they get it all fixed.

you got a point. however, it is striking that Morphicon insisted on an earlier release compared to 505 TWICE now. would it have hurt them to release it at the same time as 505? on the contrary, i think. the reviews could only be better. :(

Hi mr71mb0

To play it in English people are using an unofficial patch or a MOD. People using an unofficial patch will probably suffer from the copy and cheat protection being triggered. Those who use a MOD folder probably do not suffer from the cheat and copy protection being triggered but may find that having a MOD folder prevents them from entering servers that do not permit it.

Still playing it in German may be a good way of learning a language.

By the way I am looking forward to using the Chernarus to improve my Czech language understanding. I know there is now a language training system included in VBS2.

Kind Regards walker

true, but once the UK release goes ahead on the 19th of June there will be a patch to unify all the versions, this should provide the German version with the ability to select UK language surely?

BI could make a new gamemode with that. "Instant action" in the singleplayer menu, throws you somewhere randomly with a random squad or vehicle on random side, and gives you a random waypoint to go to. One waypoint reached and another one is assigned.

Have you tried the Armory? (Waffenkammer I believe in German) ;) Or the fourth template (04: Combat).

you got a point. however, it is striking that Morphicon insisted on an earlier release compared to 505 TWICE now. would it have hurt them to release it at the same time as 505? on the contrary, i think. the reviews could only be better. :(

well I don't really see the ARMA series in the same was as more mainstream games are (Call of Duty type series). Most people who discover ARMA won't do it though reviews, chances are they will seek it out themselves.

Morphicon has all to win by forcing BI to a deal of releasing it sooner for them. I'm pretty sure their sales figures are much much higher now with a good portion of sales out of Germany.

The way I see it, for BI to be able to sell to Germany, they've been forced to this 3-weeks-earlier deal (otherwise, no Germany release at all, though I don't know why 505 can't handle Germany themselves), and they timed the 1.01 patch to coincide exactly with Morphicon release date. They KNEW that the printed product was buggy, but had to give the 1.00 version to Morphicon for DVD printing, and planned to have the 1.01 patch ready exactly for release, in a somewhat correct shape (if not for a huge AI bug they missed).

They got majorly screwed because some stores began to sell the game 2 days earlier, without the patch available, causing the mess we've seen. It polarized the critics to the buggy 1.00 version and on A2 bugs.

The audio is English, however.

It polarized the critics to the buggy 1.00 version and on A2 bugs.

Even with patch there's still many bugs unfortunately.

Edited by dvolk

Honesty I have waited for this game for 20 years so I had to have it anyway possible as soon as possible. Call me Crazy. :D

http://i1.ytimg.com/bg/xAh3I5cT_yGQdIKi617XJQ/default.jpg?app=bg&v=4cbe83&time=1244042311151

How come this hasnt been implemented? Tree bullet holes effect.

More a yellowish dot as bullet hit effect as it already was in ArmA on some objects.

Making a real hole appear in trees depending on where they were hit is a idea for a game in ten years i assume.

Shame that even in ArmA two there still is just the dot effect, cant be so hard to make a hole texture with some cracks around it that appears instead of the dot, would look a lot more atmospheric at least.

anyone know if the German version of ARMA1 got english language txt once patched to the UK versions?

Should this be the same with UK 505 release of ARMA2?

I don't want to have to re-buy the UK one later on to get UK text without using the unofficial txt files.

true, but once the UK release goes ahead on the 19th of June there will be a patch to unify all the versions, this should provide the German version with the ability to select UK language surely?

Hi mr71mb0

I would almost go as far as to say I am certain of that.

But I will not submit to Morphicon disease! I will resist and wait until the 505 release

By the way IMHO Morphicon hoped to leach a few 505 sales by releasing early and BIS may have benefited from some beta testing. The Morphicon market make excelent beta testers. Maybe BIS should always use this strategy!

Kind Regards walker

Hi Walker,

looking over the patch history for Arma1, the 505 release (1.05) was a unifying patch that included all languages. So I'd say it's likely this will happen again.

anyone know if the German version of ARMA1 got english language txt once patched to the UK versions?

Should this be the same with UK 505 release of ARMA2?

I don't want to have to re-buy the UK one later on to get UK text without using the unofficial txt files.

The way I reading it...deep down BI did not really want the German version to get out before the 505 release. This is possibly why they will not patch it with USA lang. Keeping Peter Games & D/L versions strictly a German localized version.

(the music in the Aircraft carrier in the beginning of the SP Campaign is pretty Funk-o-lisous)