Sign in to follow this  
funnyguy1

ARMA 2 DE 1.01 (final) Impressions - Post ALL Impressions/Videos/Screenies Here

Cool, sounds like something fun to play online. Wanna play online?? I liek setting the civ logics adn just driving/flying around. Iv set up a night firefight too which was pretty awesome cause of tracers

Impressions?

Same crappy physics, vehicles rotate on the ground like friction wasn't invented.

Some guns have wrong names in the weaponcrates. MG36 has an awkward holding position.

The AI is as horrible as ARMA1, what's improved? No really, I can't find any improvement what so ever except graphics, player movement, animations and vehicle controls. And that's not worth €50.

Edited by Zerst0ren

Impressions?

Same crappy physics, vehicles rotate on the ground like friction wasn't invented.

Unplayable cause of weaponspray, what the FUCK? What bright minded person thought weaponspray was something good? I can't even shoot grenades with vehicle mounted guns straight without the grenade flying a totaly different way than where I'm pointing my gun. Retarded.

Some guns have wrong names in the weaponcrates. MG36 has an awkward holding position.

The AI is as horrible as ARMA1, what's improved? No really, I can't find any improvement what so ever except graphics, player movement, animations and vehicle controls. And that's not worth €50.

Aherm, perhaps its because you have an illegal copy? The game is meant to do that whenever someon has an illegal copy, its called FADE lol....Buy it and support BIS, they put a lot of effort into this game.

Hey anyone wanna hop online wit hme? I wanna film some of the online aspects of the game so I can post on youtube.

Aherm, perhaps its because you have an illegal copy? The game is meant to do that whenever someon has an illegal copy, its called FADE lol....Buy it and support BIS, they put a lot of effort into this game.

Yea looks like you're right.

Man, it's really rich to come and insult a game that you didn't even pay for as if you were ripped off. What an ass.

In the legal version weapons shoot straight. The Grenade launcher is fairly accurate.

And that's not worth €50.

How about actually spending €50 so you'll get a working copy?

What's so bad about paying for a game? I paid for mine! I can play online, i dont have "Crazy Weapon Spray" although I did, i think that was my mistake, it fixed it after a reinstall.

Oh wait a new version is out without the FADE, I'll try that out. Bye!

Oh wait a new version is out without the FADE, I'll try that out. Bye!

When FADE is taken out of game code, the game becomes unstable, so your currently unstable game, will become worse. Just buy it ;)

When FADE is taken out of game code, the game becomes unstable, so your currently unstable game, will become worse. Just buy it ;)

No it will not. I'll buy it when the 505 version comes out. This is good for trying purposes though.

Ignore the idiot. He's just going to get banned anyway :)

Zesrt0ren, you get banned from these forums for that. Bye.

Ignore the idiot. He's just going to get banned anyway :)

Zesrt0ren, you get banned from these forums for that. Bye.

Don't care.

Seeing as your every post seems too be either flaming or BI smacking, I can see that.

how stupid to admit to having an illegal copy, but to moan! are u an asylum seeker by anychance. cos u sure seem to know how to take the piss!

Wow, simply wow. Multiplayer is nowhere near beta... BIS needed solid 6 months to finish it up. Too bad publishers rushed it. Going to shelve it for now.

MP moments like these are priceless:

th_arma22009-06-0221-12-54-76.jpg

(click to enlarge)

Are you kidding me? 35fps while displaying nothingness? Nothing got redrawn 3min later...

While in 3rd person followed track I was riding in with camera and changing view distance from 1km to 3km made no difference to 25-30fps...

I can't help but notice that 90% of the loudest complainers seem to have registered within the last 30 days and have posted absolutely nothing but negative comments about Arma 2.

That's rather interesting.

While in 3rd person followed track I was riding in with camera and changing view distance from 1km to 3km made no difference to 25-30fps...

You can't change your viewdistance in MP, it's set by the server.

(unless there are scripts that allow it or it has changed in ArmA 2)

I do agree that MP has some serious issues at the moment. I'm sure it will get fixed up though.

Hows your Arma 1 performance in comparison?

Mostly 40-50, but I have it maxed out on all settings except post-processing off and shadows/vegetation on medium. Usually play ACE with 3km and no lags like in A2.

I don't know how anyone can say Arma2 looks like Crysis. May be on screen shots but in game you have textures constantly switching from low to high detail without zooming in and while standing still.

In MP I observed T72 (or whichever version of it) trying to drive through the building for 4-5min, while road around it was 50 yards out on the left. Of course it was jumping 5-10 meters in the air. This is nowhere beta... Waiting for multiple patches. Singleplayer is fun though, but MP needs some overhaul.

I can't help but notice that 90% of the loudest complainers seem to have registered within the last 30 days and have posted absolutely nothing but negative comments about Arma 2.

I assume your post is regarding my comment? Thank you for expressing your interest. Old forums had rather odd way of registering - sending e-mail, and jumping through all kind of hoops. So I never did that. I've been playing A1 for two years, and of course it is much more polished product than it used to be, plus wealth of mods.

You can't change your viewdistance in MP, it's set by the server.

(unless there are scripts that allow it or it has changed in ArmA 2)

I do agree that MP has some serious issues at the moment. I'm sure it will get fixed up though.

Thanks, I didn't know that.

Edited by Skeptic

Yeah, i noticed that too. It's cause they watch videos on youtube of ArmA 2, then Google ArmA 2, find the website, then find the forum, then download an illegal copy thinking it will be totally awesome, best game in the world, with no bugs and complain that they got ripped off (because of the ingame protectiong FADE which works really well) like Maddmatt said.

Yeah, i noticed that too. It's cause they watch videos on youtube of ArmA 2, then Google ArmA 2, find the website, then find the forum, then download an illegal copy thinking it will be totally awesome, best game in the world, with no bugs and complain that they got ripped off...

Sir, in case you're implicating me in getting my copy by illegal means. Let me assure you - it is not the case:

th_arma-cdkey.jpg

...(because of the ingame protectiong FADE which works really well) like Maddmatt said.

You got that right, I think it works too well, even for legal users. They need to ease it a notch or two.

Edited by Skeptic

I have to agree.We all should know allready they rushed it out far too much.

There are so many bugs in it they cant fix it till end of the year,its a sad FACT.

If a game is complex like ArmaII is,it will have bugs,sure,but the more it has bugs,the more complicated is fixing those all and make it fun playing it.

This Game is awesome....please bohemia,do ur best to fix it fast!:(

I have to agree.We all should know allready they rushed it out far too much.

There are so many bugs in it they cant fix it till end of the year,its a sad FACT.

If a game is complex like ArmaII is,it will have bugs,sure,but the more it has bugs,the more complicated is fixing those all and make it fun playing it.

This Game is awesome....please bohemia,do ur best to fix it fast!:(

I'd like them to take their time. Hopefully publishers are off their backs by now, reviews on-line are generally fine (since they scratch only surface), so they can start listening to users and work on fixing stuff up. There are other things besides Arma - enjoy your summer ;) Plus AAO3 is coming out in two weeks, not the scope of Arma of course but the best tactical PvP I ever played.

Regards.

Edited by Skeptic

What the heck does the new "Befehl" (order) radio channel do?

Well, hate to be a conspiracy theorist, but at least one very, very large software distribution house that I used to work with (almost) encouraged negative posting on opposition message boards. They generally have a huge audience and a final purchase decision is usually made by hearing real reviews by the fanboys. A few bad ones can sometimes sow the seeds of doubt.

(I've done it myself, and I worked for Nintendo once.. Hehe.)

Now I'm not claiming it's the Operation Flashpoint boys (direct competition and most consumers will be buying only one of these titles...) but hey, stranger things have happened.