Sign in to follow this  
dslyecxi

TrackIR 5 ArmA2 Thread!

Is it just me or is the 'Direct download HD' link on Dslyecxi's website down? :(
It’s still there from what I can see. But the video did not work for me, if it was something wrong with the video or the download failed I don’t know.

Edit: yep you’re right the link does not work

@Dslyecxi thanks for the informative vid.I must say I'm a bit surprised that I'm actually now considering TrackIR,being the immersion junkie that I am.It also appears to give you some edge in multiplayer especially when flying a helo.

One very important question.I've seen all the previews from the gaming magazines,even the ones that had better hardware then you and Arma 2 for them didn't look nearly as good as how it does for you,that's why it didn't receive any praise for the graphics,quite the contrary actually.Are you using a new build then that sent to the previewers,for me that would make sense..

The game looks great, but no 6DOF support inside vehicles is a major disappointment, and it's a little strange that they would want to show of TrackIR5 without it. Once you've tried 6DOF in ArmA (ArmAlib) it's virtually impossible to go back.

NaturalPoint should take a look at ArmA's flexible hotkey setup, one that allows multiple keys for the same function. Restricting you to only one key is ridiculous.

Edited by sk3pt

Can't they combine two independant IR sensors for 3D input rather than using a TrackClip or sth?

Damn, watching this video got me really interested in TrackIR.

Sadly at that price there is no way I - as a student - can afford it...:(

WOW! Nice video. Both Products are Awesome :)

Anyways, rewatching the vid, A2 specific things that I've noticed demonstrated aswell are:

- I can't seem to spot the Aimpoint dot in the actuall device itself, parallax mapping worked out in the end or the face just got moved further to the front of the device?

Yup, I've noticed same :rolleyes: about 6:40 to 6:50 you clearly can see no center dot there...

Did anyone noticed, this wasn't a preview version :whistle:

Edited by Mafia101

WOW! Nice video. Both Products are Awesome :)

Yup, I've noticed same :rolleyes: about 6:40 to 6:50 you clearly can see no center dot there...

Did anyone noticed, this wasn't a preview version :whistle:

YouTube is messing with me and only giving me a low quality version but even with the low quality footage I can clearly see a crosshair inside the sight at 6:42. It doesn't look like a dot, more like a circle combined with a cross. I could be wrong, though.

YouTube is messing with me and only giving me a low quality version but even with the low quality footage I can clearly see a crosshair inside the sight at 6:42. It doesn't look like a dot, more like a circle combined with a cross. I could be wrong, though.

Dunno, with HD and even full screen i can't see nothing :D

this made my day :)

my spec are Intel Quad 9450, currently 9800gx2, this is a happy day :)

Although it looks amazing to use a TIR5+TCpro and contains a whole lot of uses, it's way too expensive considering I also need to pay import tax and VAT if I buy one. $189,90 + Import (10,7%) + VAT (25% - added after import is added to the cost) roughly €197/$263/1720 NOK on my part).

Edited by colossus
calculations

I can't see any kind of dot inside the scope.

You won't get a better angle to look inside.

ArmA2_nodot00_s.jpg ArmA2_nodot01_s.jpg

edit: what you think you see in 00:06:42 mins is a reflection of a wall

ArmA2_nodot02_s.jpg ArmA2_nodot03_s.jpg

Now, what does this mean to you?

Edited by bravo 6

The incremental lean is what sells it most for me, but i have gotten used to the free head movement and really miss it in other games since ArmA.

So far i have only used the ALT-key for this though.

It's very useful to look around while reloading, but i can do that with the ALT key as well. The Track-IR is more userfriendly because you have less buttons to use though, so i like that, but the incremental lean is something i really like.

First thank you Dslyecxi for showing this video.

One thing now even more noticeable as this is the first HQ footage is the blur when turning around. Is anyone else annoyed by this? I think I will get "motion sickness" from that, especially when frequently looking around with TrackIR.

I first noticed this in the Gamestar video, but the editor said it can't be switched off. Hopefully this is changed in the release version.

First, thank you.

It's crazy how good Arma2 is.

What I found funny is that I do the same:

I love to go prone and scan, also to look around while reloading.

But well... I have no TIR, I've bounded "Look around" key to Left Ctrl and I find it good enough. Maybe one day...

Thanks.

Nice vid, Dslyecxi. The TrackIR implementation in ARMA2 looks excellent, although the lack of 6DoF is a slight disappointment. One other thing I could be wrong about: When you look at things far behind you (at, say, 160 degrees), I guess the head model in game is limited to about 80 degrees either way, and the head doesn't totally correspond with the view like in ArmA.

Obviously it's not a big thing and on the whole the TrackIR and game look amazing.

One thing now even more noticeable as this is the first HQ footage is the blur when turning around. Is anyone else annoyed by this? I think I will get "motion sickness" from that, especially when frequently looking around with TrackIR.

I first noticed this in the Gamestar video, but the editor said it can't be switched off. Hopefully this is changed in the release version.

I couldn't agree more. I know a couple of people who couldn't play this way.

I hope we can turn motion blur off.

Thanks Dslyecxi for the video and the TIR demonstration.

I'll stick with TIR4 Pro. Just isn't worth the upgrade money :]

Vultar: you're probably referring to the graphics, I'll make my opinion when I get to test out all the other stuff that *really* matters in a mil-sim ;)

Dslyecxi:

The [HD] link on your website is down. Is there any possibility for you to re-upload it soon?

Thank you in advance. :)

Somehow Youtube is giving me errors on your video.

It's giving errors on some others as well, though.

I really want to see it! :P

Damn, watching this video got me really interested in TrackIR.

Sadly at that price there is no way I - as a student - can afford it...:(

You could have a look in your local used-market, I'm guessing many will try to get rid of their 4s for very low prices now that 5 is here.

I agree that TrackIR in general is overpriced for most people. The tech inside it is not very expensive, I guess they are running some high production costs with the small scale of production.

Edited by sparks50

Checking your video I notice the window behind you, it seems to be daiylight right?

Doesn't that influence your Track-IR? I can not play with any kind of daiylight light source.

@foxhount

My TIR also works in backgroung daylight too, are you sure that the light filter in setting is turned on and high enought to filter out backgroung IR?

If that doesn't fix yours, maybe your getting reflections from glass picture frames/other sources?

Mine works well in daylight, but when the sun is coming directly in the window, I have to turn a monitor that sits behind me, due to the reflection off it.

Edited by SWAT_BigBear

For me the beta trackIR5 software works on my trackIR4, but for some reason my leaning registration isn't working smooth. Maybe i have to play with the settings, but still...

PS: i had 4.1.036 and directly installed the beta 5 (witch is apperently i different individual software package and not an update).

It is always hard to judge a price on a tool. Life is about making choices. As student that would be,....not going out to drink for 1-2-3 weeks depending on your drinks. A trackIR you have for life (or untill they make a new one), drinks only last for a night and a nasty bonus the next day.

Edited by DaSquade

Haha. ;)

For those of you who were wondering what my system specs are, they are as follows:

Quad core @ 2.66GHz

Geforce 285

All of that footage was captured via Fraps at fullscale 1280x720 res with good settings. Ran very well, as you can see. I wish I could say something about performance with other cards/systems, but this is all I have. Please understand if I can't sit down and give you details on how A2 will run for you. :)

Thank you, and how much RAM + OS ?