Sign in to follow this  
Misfit Leader

ArmA II release date discussion thread

I think this is more accurate:

505 Games is the publisher for ArmA II in Europe, except in Germany (Morphicon) and in Czech (Idea)

Release Date is May 26th for Germany Only

Release Date is June 17th in Czech Republic

Release Date is June 17th in Germany for Special Edition

Release Date June 26th for rest of Europe

Currently there is no NA publisher.

No release date for NA

No official word on console versions.

BIS have not confirmed officially any of this dates.

Edited by Von_Paulus

Okay guys, sorry if someone has mentioned it allready, have been rolling up and down the forum for the answer, maybe im just too excited for the game to see the answer :P

Anyway, i would like to know if i order it from amazon.de for the early release, is there a possibility to choose english language for the game, since i dont speak german.

Oh yes, sorry for the noobish guestion lads

Items not yet dispatched:

Delivery estimate: 26 Jun 2009 - 29 Jun 2009

* 1 of: ArmA 2 (PC DVD)

Sold by: Amazon EU S.a.r.L.

this is my order on amazon.co.uk, pre-ordered today... but i selected first class, not super saver delivery so it better get here tip top on time or amazon wont be having any more of my moneyz....

I think this is more accurate:

505 Games is the publisher for ArmA II in Europe, except in Germany (Morphicon) and in Czech (Idea)

Release Date is May 26th for Germany Only

Release Date is June 17th in Czech Republic

Release Date is June 17th in Germany for Special Edition

Release Date June 26th for rest of Europe

Currently there is no NA publisher.

No release date for NA

No official word on console versions.

BIS have not confirmed officially any of this dates.

Thanks man. Oh and one other thing, it hasn't gone GOLD yet.

BIS has confirmed the "rest of the Europe" Release date

I was just about to pre-order from play.com untill i checked in my wallet and my card is not there :confused:, i tried finding it but no luck, great. I'm sure it will turn up though, i'll edit this post when i've pre-ordered : ).

Ill preorder the amazon.de version.

Saving about 30Eur is not worth waiting a full month in my eyes :)

I just hope the CD Keys are international so I can just install an english version with my german key as soon as the english one is released :/

I just hate german localisation ^^

P.S. I at least think the keys were international in ArmA I?

Edited by Alienfreak

P.S. I at least think the keys were international in ArmA I?

I don't think they were, maybe wrong.. I bought a gery copy for ARMA 1 and some guys created language patches and translated the whole thing.. :) yeah its a hardcore mod base. Even the BIS patches that followed very country version specific. It was a right old mess... Although I think I own 3 copies of ARMA 1 :j: It was nice when they merged it all and made all version equal.

I sure/hope they learn from that headache and all versiosn will be multi language and the exact same thing across the board..

Damn, no local AU release... looks like I'll be downloading off sproket or something... after exams of course!

2 weeks to go and zero news on german release?

Damn, I can't risk pre ordering of course before they say something about the NA release date. Or ask them to put the box into a piece of paper, wrap it, and put it in the sea so that it comes to me. xD

Damn, I can't risk pre ordering of course before they say something about the NA release date. Or ask them to put the box into a piece of paper, wrap it, and put it in the sea so that it comes to me. xD

You can always cancel the pre order.

I'd rather not pre order at all, until I can do so from something local here.

i think that seperating the release dates is really bad for the company (BIS). it gives a lot of time for pirates to crack the game from the first release while the other countries are waiting for the legal release. this will result in pirating the game in countries that have the launch in june...

it would have been smarter for 505 to release it all at once in june. of course im sure "ze germans" will not agree :) and i wouldnt blame them , of course.

I wouldn't care when the game gets released here in germany - as long as it is as bugfree as possible.

One thing people forget about whilst talking about pirated versions of games. Not everyone who downloads it, would have bought the game in the first place.

And since the german release is supposed to happen in less than two weeks and we haven't seen a Gold-announcement yet, time is running out. Maybe resulting in a delay anyways.

And since the german release is supposed to happen in less than two weeks and we haven't seen a Gold-announcement yet, time is running out. Maybe resulting in a delay anyways.

Why do you think Placebo has gone fishing... lol.. of course it will be delayed..

So you guys think that Placebo should make his holidays when A2 is released and hell breaks loose here ?

Xeno

Maybe you should ask your publisher - they should know it much better!

If there are too many or serious bugs found on the last beta testing session imho its better if BIS + publisher are going to delay it. Guess the majority wants a good + enjoyable start with Arma2. :cheers:

Peter Games / Morphicon website still says May 2009.

Sites could say anything, it really doesn't matter.

I wish BIS said something. Either a delay, or announce the final release dates, I dont care if theres a delay or not, I just want to know what's going on.

Usually publishers make decisions about release date or delay.

Its easier to be patient instead of neverending beggin...:supercool:

It will come in end of may in germany, thats actually for sure....