Sign in to follow this  
Misfit Leader

ArmA II release date discussion thread

Nothing changed in my country (POLAND), we still don't know when it'll available.

I'm gettin' my copy also from UK :(

It's an "earlier version". You will have all the game, but BIS continue to work on the game, fixing bugs, etc..

So probably the german version will have some bugs when it's out. But it will be patched at the same time 505 game version is out.

Don't worry about that :)

untrue, all versions gone gold, its just the publisher who delays the release in other countries. but we hopefully get a UK release day patch.

untrue, all versions gone gold, its just the publisher who delays the release in other countries. but we hopefully get a UK release day patch.

Negative. The UK version has not gone gold yet, but extremely close. It is a new version compared to the german copy. It is more updated. German version will require a patch to get to the standard of the UK version.

Touche. But the UK and German versions are different. Similar to the UK and Czech versions of ArmA 1.

Yes, because there will be a release day patch when the UK version comes out, i assume.

Would be nice if BIS could give us the approx. date when all Arma2 versions will be playable on the same international patch level. Guess that Czech, German versions are 1.0, UK & others 1.1 ... US 3.0 ?

Would be nice if BIS could give us the approx. date when all Arma2 versions will be playable on the same international patch level. Guess that Czech, German versions are 1.0, UK & others 1.1 ... US 3.0 ?

Sounds to me like they will be compatible all the time, the way I read it:

> German Version gets released - 1.0

> 505 Version released - 1.1/1.2 - Patch for German Version Released aswell bringing it up to 1.1/1.2

> US Version Released - ?.? - Patch ?.? released for the versions not at ?.?

> ???

> Profit

The Czech version will be out on 19th June, so should be the same version as 505 release.

The strange thing is about the US release....I smell it's not BiS's fault..

I still fail to see why they can't just release them all at once....

There are any number of scenarios. Maybe BIS was looking for publishers and Morphicon came up first, wanting to publish in Germany and they agreed on May 29th. Then maybe they hit it up with 505 who thought May 29th was too soon and preferred to push their release back and get a demo in beforehand...

It's unlikely we'll ever find out why, but who cares? It is the way it is. In a few months it will all be ancient history. :)

Apologies, that wasn't what i meant. It is just that ArmA release (german for sure and 505 games release maybe) won't be "full" completed. As BIS said, some secundary function won't be included in. They were "stopped at the production" to ensure that german gone gold this week.

But it's not as worse as ArmA, as the London showcase prooved it. It's just some "missing features" nothing too bad :)

But it's not as worse as ArmA, as the London showcase prooved it. It's just some "missing features" nothing too bad :)

I'm there will still be hordes of miserablists complaining that the green infinite terrain placeholder looks crappy. :D

Though I do have to wonder what else hasn't been fully implemented yet. I hope it's not too much that's missing.

I don't mind playing with the German version...on the 29th. Will we be able to download from Morphicon the world over? The download link still sends you to a blank page?

If a someone who is fluent in German could walk us through the purchasing process it would be much appreciated.

Edited by Jblack9

I don't mind playing with the German version...on the 29th. Will we be able to download from Morphicon the world over? The download link still sends you to a blank page?

If a someone who is fluent in German could walk us through the purchasing process it would be much appreciated.

how can a fluent German read a blank page?

anyway - i'm with you on purchasing from morphicon - there's a union jack at the bottom of the page that turns the text into english.

i bought arma from them and was very happy with how easy it was to install and lack of unnecessary DRM restrictions etc and will look to doing business with them again for sure.

how can a fluent German read a blank page?

anyway - i'm with you on purchasing from morphicon - there's a union jack at the bottom of the page that turns the text into english.

i bought arma from them and was very happy with how easy it was to install and lack of unnecessary DRM restrictions etc and will look to doing business with them again for sure.

I'm just saying when the game is available for dl, it would be nice if somebody who speaks German could write it out for us.

In 2007 I bought ArmA from Sprocket. Immediately backed it up with my purchase/auth codes. Other than a little error message while applying the QG expansion, I really didn't have any problems- mind you I didn't get into the Evolution/CTI stuff until about a year later so compatability wasn't an issue for me.

I think I'll wait for the UK version and order it when it comes out, seeing as my squadmates are in Canada and Aus anyway.

In 2007 I bought ArmA from Sprocket. Immediately backed it up with my purchase/auth codes. Other than a little error message while applying the QG expansion, I really didn't have any problems- mind you I didn't get into the Evolution/CTI stuff until about a year later so compatability wasn't an issue for me.

I think I'll wait for the UK version and order it when it comes out, seeing as my squadmates are in Canada and Aus anyway.

I'll buy from Sprocket, but I don't know if or when they will be releasing it.

I asked my Mediamarkt store yesterday, they said they will have it Friday, so I will go there and get it.

Hopefully.....................cause my dad has a big surgery tomorrow.........:(

i get the game in like 3-5 hours from the post :)

Yay i hope it runs smoothly :)

Hello all. Last time, Armed Assault was published by ATARI in Singapore, so I was wondering if Singapore have a publisher or not and when will it be released in singapore?