Sign in to follow this  
Misfit Leader

ArmA II release date discussion thread

sorry man i just saw wat u posted up above thanx that helps i was about to say cuz the main characters in the game were US marines sooooooo it would be dumb of BIS for not releasing it in US hehe

I sent a message to a local game store because they had a release date of May 26th listed. I asked them if they were sure about it because 505 Games didn't have a date at the time.

I got this reply yesterday:

Sorry for the delay, i have been waiting on our supplier who has now come

back to us saying they are no longer the distributors of this title. :(

I have spoken to our imports manager and he will be trying to import this

title and advised that we change our release date to the same as the USA for

now which is June 26th (estimate).

Strange because it seems like 505 Games versions for ArmA and ArmA: Gold were distributed here :confused: WTF 505 Games?

If it can only be imported then it's not going to be widely available.

From today's 'Blues News.'

ARMA II Delay

[Apr 29, 2009, 09:32 am ET] - 15 Comments

505 Games announces June 26 is the new release date for ARMA II, Bohemia Interactive Studios' military shooter sequel. This is a delay from the first quarter 2009 release window announced last summer. No explanation for the setback is provided, but the announcement is accompanied by a batch of five new screenshots.

Have no idea what as promised or said, if anything. But isn't having different release dates like asking for piracy? I was very lucky with Armed Assault, I got it the first store I visited. But a friend had to do three tours of computer shoppe visiting before he could finally obtain it legally.

It's not a BI problem. It's not a 505 problem. It's a problem (imho) that some stores won't get copies of a game depending on the expectencies for success. Does distributors/stores have a return policy for unsold games? If not I understand a stores concern, but it can be extremely frustrating not getting the what you've dreamed about for so long.

Spend some Euros for the online version at metaboli if they run the online distribution again for the German version. That one you switch to English and :yay:

Spend some Euros for the online version at metaboli if they run the online distribution again for the German version. That one you switch to English and :yay:

The German publisher trying to milk the fans by releasing an overpriced download version before the game is released anywhere else, again :rolleyes:

There is a statement on http://armedassault.info that:

"ArmA Database.de announces release in May, the 29th in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.

Games Tiscali.cz announces ArmA2 release in June, the 17th in Czech Republic and Slovakia."

So since there was no demo announcement this is like dejavu all over again! Last time when ArmA was released, no one saw the demo before the release; so naturally eveyone rushed to buy the game without even knowing what they are buying. And pretty much everyone got F****D. We all bought a cat in the bag, it was impossible to play, infested with bugs and unbalanced. BIS made this move to maximize sales, get a free beta test and customer feedback since everyone who got the game poured into the forums venting about the issues. Double-whammy! It took over a year for BIS to get the game into a more less playable state. Why is this community not learning!? I'm personally not paying a dime to BIS till they produce a free demo.

reeally good point, sluggCDN!!! I'm waiting for a demo too! That's just a fair way of giving an impression before spending money...

plus different release dates are retarded! isn't that increasing the workload for the title? To build different versions?

There is a statement on http://armedassault.info that:

"ArmA Database.de announces release in May, the 29th in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.

Games Tiscali.cz announces ArmA2 release in June, the 17th in Czech Republic and Slovakia."

So since there was no demo announcement this is like dejavu all over again! Last time when ArmA was released, no one saw the demo before the release; so naturally eveyone rushed to buy the game without even knowing what they are buying. And pretty much everyone got F****D. We all bought a cat in the bag, it was impossible to play, infested with bugs and unbalanced. BIS made this move to maximize sales, get a free beta test and customer feedback since everyone who got the game poured into the forums venting about the issues. Double-whammy! It took over a year for BIS to get the game into a more less playable state. Why is this community not learning!? I'm personally not paying a dime to BIS till they produce a free demo.

Well that was my initial intruduction to ARMA first time. And was really disapointed. Played it for 5 hours and shelfed it. But now im getting a new one ( old one left in my old contry ) and what Im donna do when ARMA 2 comes out is to wait 6 month to a year before buying it. Wait to they uptimized it. But I do see a good thing about it been delayed. It could meen that they have missed somthing and now fixing/optimizing it before realese. But im still gonna wait before buying it.

Anariaq

In reply to this post:

You're paying the price for it though.

49.99 Euros = 1,337 CZK (I didn't make that up :D).

For 1,499 CZK (56 Euros) you can get the Czech special edition with:

• The game (what a surprise :p)
  • Map of Chernarus
  • Soundtrack
  • T-shirt
  • Wallet
  • Backpack

The standard edition costs 899 CZK (36.6 Euro).

You're paying the price for it though.

49.99 Euros = 1,337 CZK (I didn't make that up :D).

49.99 Eur is perfectly normal for a new game in Germany. Not that I agree with it, but just about all new games here come out at that price. I wouldn't be surprised if games in CZ are cheaper. The beer certainly is. :D

That aside, I'm going to get the game on May 29th no matter what. I don't care if I'm a "free beta tester". The rest of the world has to wait 3-4 weeks longer, I don't. I planned to get the game on release day anyway, so for me a few potential bugs are a small price to pay for a closer release date. That aside, BIS have already been quoted that Arma2 is much more polished than ArmA1, so I am confident that the launch won't be as bad as last time.

And even if it is, I can live with it.

49.99 Eur is perfectly normal for a new game in Germany. Not that I agree with it, but just about all new games here come out at that price. I wouldn't be surprised if games in CZ are cheaper. The beer certainly is. :D

That aside, I'm going to get the game on May 29th no matter what. I don't care if I'm a "free beta tester". The rest of the world has to wait 3-4 weeks longer, I don't. I planned to get the game on release day anyway, so for me a few potential bugs are a small price to pay for a closer release date. That aside, BIS have already been quoted that Arma2 is much more polished than ArmA1, so I am confident that the launch won't be as bad as last time.

And even if it is, I can live with it.

I agree, i dont care too if im a "beta tester". i actually like to help to make arma2 even better.

Nice price, deadfast:cool:

Speaking of special edition, are there any plans to do a german special edition?

You can pre-order from THIS site for £24.99 or 31.99€ :D

Hopefully Atari (if there even the US publisher)can get on the ball with this and get it on steam for a grand release coincident with the initial release.. They just have to look at the ARMA relase to see the headache that caused for everyone buying out of the country.. I think I ended up with 3 copies in the end :)

*Brazilian incompetent site mislead Arma 1 demo with Arma 2 demo.

Well, all threads about Arma 2 demo are closed so this one might be the closest one about a demo.

Well, a friend just sent me a message asking if i had downloaded the Arma 2 demo.

I was kinda, "WTF, bis released a demo and i didn't know about it? :butbut:".

Then he sent me the link of the download:

http://baixatudo.globo.com/Baixatudo/Categoria/Jogar/0,,DOA43857-7644-ARMA+II+COMBAT+OPERATIONS,00.html

Now, pay me. lol :yay:

Edit:

I was been sarcastic...

Aparently some people didn't noice, so i am editing my post.

Best regards

Edited by anc

I still don't get it. Why isn't there an official release date for US?

And what about the 360??? :confused:

Well, all threads about Arma 2 demo are closed so this one might be the closest one about a demo.

Well, a friend just sent me a message asking if i had downloaded the Arma 2 demo.

http://baixatudo.globo.com/Baixatudo/Categoria/Jogar/0,,DOA43857-7644-ARMA+II+COMBAT+OPERATIONS,00.html

OMG Thank you!

Err, you know that it's not real, right?

They made a mistake with the Arma 1 demo, hehe

obvious misleading , please don't do this again ...

it's ArmA 1 demo

Now that could seriously hurt ArmA2 sales.

At my old group (US with a few Europeans and others) when Arma was released we had a nightmare with the different version rubbish and I bet half those that got the game stopped playing as a result me included. It has taken me till 6 months ago to get back into Arma and I'm loving it especially the ACE mod.

Now we are presented with the same thing, the only real negative stuff being talked about and posted about at my current groups place is this staggered release. I get the feeling some won't actually get a copy as a result and will get the 'other game'.

The talk on our teamspeak has gone from 'have you seen this latest vid' (the TrackIR video by Dislexia) and WOW. To what about this staggered release ..... nonsense again.

Now that could seriously hurt ArmA2 sales.

It hardly would hurt Arma 2 sales around here, since Arma 1 wans't released here, and i can bet that Arma 2 won't be too.

About my post i was tring to be sarcastic about their mistake, but i failed :(

Anyway i already edited my post.

Best regards.