Sign in to follow this  
Misfit Leader

ArmA II release date discussion thread

why the game won't be distributed in direct download? (steam or direct2drive) ????

Who says it won't be?

I'm almost 100% sure it will be distributed on SprocketIDEA.

Is it possible for others that don't live in Germany to be able to purchase a copy when it comes out on the 29th of may?

why the game won't be distributed in direct download? (steam or direct2drive) ????

am hoping it will as i'l get it that way the moment it's out - but there is no information on this. Hanging for details man as i have the cash ready and just want the game (which is strangely quite expensive compared to other games)

Is it possible for others that don't live in Germany to be able to purchase a copy when it comes out on the 29th of may?

Yes you can buy it online. Try Amazon.de

Who says it won't be?

I'm almost 100% sure it will be distributed on SprocketIDEA.

And i belive it will be, but not at the beginning.... the publishers might have that as contract conditions... at least if i were a publisher i would request it.

Maybe i should drive to germany and buy it is realesed (I live in Denmark):-D haha

Actually, in germany it costs 50 euro, and in the US it costs 50 dollars, so technically in the US its cheaper. Im gonna wait... Im 0 on budget anyway, gotta sell something.

Ah. Well one way or another I think I'm gonna wait. It would all come out a bit too expensive. Will there be some kind of a bonus to pre ordering though, or limited/collectors edition?

At amazon.de The game is listed as Armed Assault 2 :D

I guess they don't visit the official blog so often :p

Also they changed the cover. Looks like the game was rated in Germany 16+, while PEGI rated 18+

Actually, in germany it costs 50 euro, and in the US it costs 50 dollars, so technically in the US its cheaper. Im gonna wait... Im 0 on budget anyway, gotta sell something.

Play.com has a nice pre-order deal (if you live in Europe).

http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/9004913/ARMA-II-Armed-Assault/Product.html

25£ and free delivery = 38 USD/ 28 EUR.

Only problem is that they don't ship it before release date 26/6.

Any info about ArmA 2 violence censorship in Germany? Or will all ArmA 2 copies be the same?

Any info about ArmA 2 violence censorship in Germany? Or will all ArmA 2 copies be the same?

I pre-ordered a copy at GameStop yesterday and apparently it's a 16+. BIS games are not exactly a gore-fest after all. No worries.

I pre-ordered a copy at GameStop yesterday and apparently it's a 16+. BIS games are not exactly a gore-fest after all. No worries.

Good. I was only worrying because I'm gonna pre-order the German version which is due to be released on the 29th of May. (:

Thanks for the quick answer.

If you order the german versjon from amazon.de is it only german or is it english language too?

If you order the german versjon from amazon.de is it only german or is it english language too?

No one knows yet. So far there has been no official info on this. The german ArmA1 was initially german only, but they added a language selector later in a patch. Maybe that will change with Arma 2 and they'll include it from the beginning. Maybe not.

Still seems like 17.6.2009 in Czech Republic. But wheeeeey...look what we are going to have...a limited edition

http://www.gamehouse.cz/pc-hry/arma-2-limitovana-edice-7383.php

incl. Army backpack, camo-wallet with logo, 2 paper figures, 5 Chernarussian postcards, map, t-shirt and soundtrack... :D

(yep, I know, those "news" about LE has been out for months...)

Edited by Okdante

At amazon.de The game is listed as Armed Assault 2 :D

I guess they don't visit the official blog so often :p

Also they changed the cover. Looks like the game was rated in Germany 16+, while PEGI rated 18+

It is up to the publisher how he calls the game in each country. (amazon.de listed it as ArmA II until recently)

Armed Assault already was the name of the first game, which has been called ArmA - Combat Operations in the US-release. They are just sticking to the name of the first game - as does the US-publisher.

And yes, ArmA II will defo be uncensored. :yay:

On http://www.armamdb.de you can find exclusive interview (in german) with the publisher Morphicon. It names the SE Release date on 17 june 2009.

Publisher in where? I thought it was 505?

Well it seems like it's mid to late june everywhere, but still no news on the United States publish. I just hope it's also mid to late june...

is there a german online site that you can order in english... my german is lacking so I am finding amazon hard to use...but I am still wary of these release dates.... no gold... no game.. and usually it is 4 weeks from gold to release.. 3 at best. So I think it will not be release in MAY... even in germany

Edited by gonk

is there a german online site that you can order in english... my german is lacking so I am finding amazon hard to use...but I am still wary of these release dates.... no gold... no game.. and usually it is 4 weeks from gold to release.. 3 at best. So I think it will not be release in MAY... even in germany

Hey Gonk I'm in the same Boat don't know any German we could use those sites that do Translations Amazon have a sort of guide to ordering for English speaking people has the main stuff covered If it does get released at the end of May might be worth looking at, Our if you find another site please post it are PM link would be appreciated.

http://www.amazon.de/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=3839451

Just to make sure I am up to date and understand since this is so convoluted.

505 Games is the publisher for ArmA II in Europe

Release Date is May 26th for Germany Only

Release Date June 23rd for rest of Europe

Currently there is no NA publisher.

No release date for NA

No official word on console versions.

Close enough for Hand Grenades?

Edited by SGT_2AD