Placebo

The all new: Ask a moderator about the forum & rules

G'day guys,

Some thing quite out of the ordinary happened while playing ArmA 2 OA the other night I thought it might be nice to share the story as it is pretty crazy. Whats the appropriate forum to post my story in.

Cheers,

Can we have the Code button in the list of buttons on the quick reply? I'm at the point where I'm just ignoring posts from people that are too lazy to use the "Go Advanced" and using the Quote button to post code, making an unreadable unindented mess of the code they're posting. I'm also too lazy to ask everyone to use Code tags (laziness works both ways :p).

I'm thinking that if we had a Code button, people would use that instead when posting code, instead of posting it as a non indented quote.

May I suggest the creation of a new sticky in the

ArmA 2 & OA - ADDONS & MODS: COMPLETE section ?

There you could post any troubleshooting you have with an addon, like error message for example.

I'm getting this "/color is not an array" every time I hit the preview button in the editor and I'd really like to know from which addon it comes from.

I could create a topic for that but in 3 weeks someone will experience the same problem and will probably create a new topic.

I could also use the search button but some word are so generic it's really hard to find the appropriate answer.

Thank you

CarlGustaffa

Might be a good idea though there's always the option to write the

tag manually.

No idea if that is possible without hacking the forum software, we will see. :)

[b]Macadam Cow[/b]

The people who refuse to use the search function will also not find the problem when it's a sticky thread, especially not then when the thread has more than 3 pages.

If one has problems with a certain Mod or Addon, he should post about them in the already existing Mod/Addon thread.

Wolle

Well that's the all point ! As I said I have this error message showing up every time in the editor

color: '/' not an array

I have no idea with which addon it is related. I google it, nothing. I have like 30Gb of addons so I can't check them one by one. Sometimes addon maker just say "there is some error message but nothing game braking" without being more specific.

While I understand your point about people not using the search button it could atleast be helpfull for those who use it !

It's not like if the addons & mods : complete was full of stickies, there's only one.

So for my specific problem should I create a thread in the addon section or general ?

Thank you

Well you can make an extra thread in addons&mods complete for such problems, however the only solution for your problem might be to check each mod/addon manually as the error message is not very detailed at all. :)

the only solution for your problem might be to check each mod/addon manually

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSBZNIZ93C5LQiZnbxoEmp548rgWNBsML7E_IJ1aYN2Bq0Nm20d

Thanks Wolle

Edited by Macadam Cow

CarlGustaffa

Might be a good idea though there's always the option to write the

tag manually.

No idea if that is possible without hacking the forum software, we will see. :)

Roger. Writing tags isn't a good solution, unless we had to write all of them (no shortcuts in the quick reply topbar). No need of [i]hacking[/i] the forum software :) I was hoping it was only a simple config entry that defined what showed up there.

hi what i want to know is, i making a campaign but i want to use custom music.

i was planning to use also some music from the campaign that was made by a team for Operation flashpoint retalliation? some peaces of music would fit right in to the consept of my campaign that i'm making for Arma II ...

do i need to contact them or is this exsisting music that they also used back then?

regards

In the ArmA 2/Editing Forum, people tend to post mission editing & scripting related stuff into addons config & scripting section.

My theory, they just go in the topmost Forum and open a thread there. I know it sounds offensive but i guess that this happens mostly to newcomers which are at some times a bit lazy to read the whole forum name. I think that moving the Mission editing & scripting section from the bottom to the top could probably significantly reduce this problem.

Myke;1806268']My theory' date=' they just go in the topmost Forum and open a thread there. I know it sounds offensive but i guess that this happens mostly to newcomers which are at some times a bit lazy to read the whole forum name. I think that moving the Mission editing & scripting section from the bottom to the top could probably significantly reduce this problem.[/quote']

I think that is true, but it is also caused by our definitions of 'map', 'mission', 'addon' and 'mod', which are not always completely clear for the newest people, especially those with modding experience in other games.

I think that is true, but it is also caused by our definitions of 'map', 'mission', 'addon' and 'mod', which are not always completely clear for the newest people, especially those with modding experience in other games.

Good point but i guess it would already help a lot to have the mission editing forum on the top. I see it rarely that people ask mission related stuff in Map making section. And the term "addons" is also common in other games so i do think that it is often just the lazyness of the people to just pick the topmost forum.

Myke;1806309']Good point but i guess it would already help a lot to have the mission editing forum on the top. I see it rarely that people ask mission related stuff in Map making section. And the term "addons" is also common in other games so i do think that it is often just the lazyness of the people to just pick the topmost forum.

I wouldn't mind the change. It might help out a bit and if not it could always be switched back or just kept there if the errors are about the same.

Any reason for the change in join date display on profiles?

For example "Join Date: 25.06.2009"

Rather than June 25th 2009

The display might confuse us Americans, since we put the month before the day :p

This is Europe, mkay. :p

They are shown correctly here:

Check your CP Options if the time format is set to US and not CZ.

Craziness! Somehow the little drop down menu at the bottom of the page changed itself to CZ mode from English (24hr). Funny, but problem solved. Thanks :)

I've been working on my own (small) addon for ArmA 2 OA for the last week or so and I'm happy to say its finished. Can anyone suggest a reliable website to upload my work on for others to download? I realise this question may not exactly be related to forum rules but I couldn't really find any other threads for this kind of question.

Edited by undercoverbrother

I've been working on my own (small) addon for ArmA 2 OA for the last week or so and I'm happy to say its finished. Can anyone suggest a reliable website to upload my work on for others to download? I realise this question may not exactly be related to forum rules but I couldn't really find any other threads for this kind of question.

http://www.armaholic.com/index.php

The display might confuse us Americans
Not Americans..just you...

Exactly what constitutes "too off-topic for off-topic"? Whenever a thread is locked in off-topic for being "too off-topic," the reasoning is never clearly explained. It appears that there is no clear guideline for determining the degree of something's "off-topicness" and that this "rule" basically comes down to the arbitrary whims of the moderation staff.

Exactly what constitutes "too off-topic for off-topic"? Whenever a thread is locked in off-topic for being "too off-topic," the reasoning is never clearly explained. It appears that there is no clear guideline for determining the degree of something's "off-topicness" and that this "rule" basically comes down to the arbitrary whims of the moderation staff.

Offtopic forum description is pretty descriptive:

For discussions not strictly related to our games. Topics should ideally still be related in some way, for example: military, politics, science and other military games. Note that just because this is for offtopic it's not a case of "anything goes", silly topics and especially topics which don't have any scope for discussion will be closed/deleted.

Not Americans..just you...

Was this really a necessary comment? I'm perfectly capable of understanding the date. I've lived in countries that use both formats. But I've met plenty of Americans that are confused just by my watch being in 24 hour mode.

Was this really a necessary comment? I'm perfectly capable of understanding the date. I've lived in countries that use both formats. But I've met plenty of Americans that are confused just by my watch being in 24 hour mode.

Yes it was since you were the only American who asked the question and then tried to make the rest of us look like idiots... I come from a part of America that's known for it's simple ways and most of the people here could figure out how to read date and time no matter what format..

Edited by Big Mac