Placebo

The all new: Ask a moderator about the forum & rules

Do I see this correctly, Litos is banned? Or do I misinterpret something?

Could I get a brief, harmless and uncontroversial info why this happened?

Kind regards,

Albert

7 day post restriction, repeated minor offences.

At the top right corner of each post, there is a direct link to the post, which you can bookmark, but it will only shot the single post. In other boards that are also vBulletin based, they often have also a second link "post in thread", that will show the whole thread, just opened at the place of the post. This is imho a much more convenient way to bookmark e.g. my own post to check back later if someone answered.

The link would be e.g.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1745241#post1745241

(while the link to the single post is

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1745241&postcount=379)

which also works here, so it seems the feature to show this link is just deactivated. If you just need to do one click to enable this, I'd encourage you to do so. ;)

Btw, you get this link also after posting if you used the advanced mode to write your post, but not if you used just the quick reply.

Edited by Brainbug

At the top right corner of each post, there is a direct link to the post, which you can bookmark, but it will only shot the single post. In other boards that are also vBulletin based, they often have also a second link "post in thread", that will show the whole thread, just opened at the place of the post. This is imho a much more convenient way to bookmark e.g. my own post to check back later if someone answered.

The link would be e.g.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1745241#post1745241

(while the link to the single post is

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1745241&postcount=379)

which also works here, so it seems the feature to show this link is just deactivated. If you just need to do one click to enable this, I'd encourage you to do so. ;)

Btw, you get this link also after posting if you used the advanced mode to write your post, but not if you used just the quick reply.

I mashed something up to help you out if you're using Chrome or Firefox with Greasemonkey, at least until the functionality gets natively implemented onto the forums. :)

Click here, and if you got either of the mentioned above, they should prompt you to install it.

Preview:

threadmode.th.jpg

Err am I missing something? You get that by clicking your post then in the new single post view just click the link after "Thread" and you then get the link to your post in thread view which you can then bookmark :)

Err am I missing something? You get that by clicking your post then in the new single post view just click the link after "Thread" and you then get the link to your post in thread view which you can then bookmark :)

Ah, but you see that's two clicks instead of just one. TWO! Who can be expected to go through that? ;)

Well I have added a navigation bar at the bottom now so you can go back to the index without having to scroll all the way to the top, will save lots of time per day ;)

Ah, but you see that's two clicks instead of just one. TWO! Who can be expected to go through that? ;)

I know it's not important, that's why I said "do it only if it takes you one click to enable a feature that is already implemented in the forum software". There is really no point for anyone to put any effort into this. Not even worth to start a discussion about it ;)

Sorry if I'm being blind and not seeing this, but it would be nice if there was a big button in Private Message for "Compose New PM" that would link to: http://forums.bistudio.com/private.php?do=newpm

This way you could just start typing a user's name to send them a PM rather than doing it through their profile.

Thanks.

On the left hand side of the PM screen, in the nav bar, you will see an entry under the "Private Messages" category entitled "Send New Message". I believe that is what you're looking for? ;)

Please, can we limit the sticky threads to just the first page of each forum? Some forums, half the default page size is constantly taken up with exactly the same threads every single page.

About the rank system on the forum : is there somewhere some statistics about the number of active members sorted by rank ?

What's the point of having infraction points that expire if a handful of petty month-old points on your record can get you banned for a week for the heinous crime of quoting an image and forgetting to remove the tags?

If moderators are going to treat infraction points like some sort of three-strike-rule excuse to get all trigger happy with the banning (and with the flattering avatar too), then why not remove the misleading expiration function.

This forum's rules are baffling. Flaming, political tirades, swearing and all manner of flamebait are completely tolerated while the most insignificant of rules are slavishly enforced, lest one solitary double-posted 25kb jpeg cause a bandwidth crisis and crash the forum.

I fear for the moderator who peruses week old posts looking for an excuse for a good banning almost as much as I fear what the length of this rant says about me.

Edited by maturin

Point expiry is related to automated bans due to receiving x amount of active points in a certain time, the fact that you actually received a warning/infraction in the past is taken into consideration when deciding each future action, ie do I keep warning this person or is it time to try an infraction to get their attention, when someone has received a number of infractions for little things even if they're expired then we consider post restrictions because they're clearly not getting the message, and yes it is ridiculously silly to get a ban for breaking little rules 5 times in a row or whatever, but the sillier part is that you didn't learn to pay more attention after the 3rd or 4th time.

I've stopped receiving subscribed thread emails in the last few days. Have the hamsters fallen off the treadmill?

Not only that, the poor hamsters died. :)

We try to find new ones, but it's hard to find ones with enough strength to do that hard job.

I told hlavac about it, he's aware of the problem and gonna fix it asap.

Not only that, the poor hamsters died.
I'm sorry I was starving and BBQ hamster sounded pretty good.

Anyways lemme get to my question. I'm all for outting out mod thieves in their various forms, but does outting a mod thief have to turn into a soap opera? I noticed that that's an old trend that's somehow yet again raised it's ugly head on the forums and I personally prefer not to read through people's dirty laundry to find actual updates on a mod.

Edited by Big Mac

New hamsters installed. Emails coming through fine now. Thanks guys. :)

Anyways lemme get to my question. I'm all for outting out mod thieves in their various forms, but does outting a mod thief have to turn into a soap opera? I noticed that that's an old trend that's somehow yet again raised it's ugly head on the forums and I personally prefer not to read through people's dirty laundry to find actual updates on a mod.

If it's done quickly and in private (ie using report post to moderator) we generally close the thread ASAP with the criteria that permission issues must be resolved before the thread can be opened again, problem is 9 times out of 10 people think the correct response is to reply to the thread with "oy you fracking tosser thief you" and that's that, report first, politely/calmly point out in the thread there is some issue about ownership and move away to let the fascists moderators deal with it :)

User thread rating and tagging has been disabled 2 days after the new forums started because people abused it to discredit Addons and Mods they don't like.

Only Moderators can rate and tag threads. :)