sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Public Release!

Thank You for Your outstanding work ACE team ! thumbs-up.gif  notworthy.gif

Got one question:

Are there any plans to integrate one of currently available great sound mods into next ACE release ? Vanila sounds are terrible  crazy_o.gif

You can use any sound mod you like. Since sounds are highly subjective and personal, we won't incorporate any other sounds than our own; if you want different, you can pick any other sound mod after changing setting:

http://www.acemod.net/wiki....work.3F

Got one question:

Are there any plans to integrate one of currently available great sound mods into next ACE release ? Vanila sounds are terrible  crazy_o.gif

You can use any sound mod you like. Since sounds are highly subjective and personal, we won't incorporate any other sounds than our own; if you want different, you can pick any other sound mod after changing setting:

Thanks, gona try it tonight smile_o.gif You Guys gona seriously affect ArmA2 sales with this mod wink_o.gif I can't get rid of a feeling that ArmA1 with ACE will be a better game then ArmA2 for a long time.

Forgot to mention generally, we've opened a FAQ section:

http://www.acemod.net/wiki/FAQ

Got one question:

Thanks, gona try it tonight smile_o.gif You Guys gona seriously affect ArmA2 sales with this mod wink_o.gif I can't get rid of a feeling that ArmA1 with ACE will be a better game then ArmA2 for a long time.

Oh well, let's hope we can reverse that soon after ArmA2 Release; A.C.E. Mod will be moved over, let's see how much we will have to adapt smile_o.gif

Hi,

Is it only me, or none of the download links are functionnal?

I think the stamina is a bit too much...

look at this one...

Here I run from my chopper in Saint Pierre and a little tour around the city. When I "fall over" at the end, I just can't get ut for a good while.

Standard Mercenary Team Leader, nothing added nothing removed...

The healing system breaks missions sometimes. Twice, when my whole team had to take a position or be somewhere, one of my men wasn't dead (it said he would die in minutes, he never did though) and the only way I could proceed was to kill him myself.

Also, I don't know if its the mod or not, but NO MATTER WHAT at night enemies that don't have nightvision in pitch black will ALWAYS see me. I'll be crouching, killing nobody and I'm always at a distance. This is the most unrealistic thing I have come across. Sometimes from even 200 metres away in the dark I will be spotted. You can change it to an easier difficulty but it remains the same. I don't ever remember it being like this when the game first came out, but now I skip night missions because of it.

Also, I don't know if its the mod or not, but NO MATTER WHAT at night enemies that don't have nightvision in pitch black will ALWAYS see me. I'll be crouching, killing nobody and I'm always at a distance. This is the most unrealistic thing I have come across. Sometimes from even 200 metres away in the dark I will be spotted. You can change it to an easier difficulty but it remains the same. I don't ever remember it being like this when the game first came out, but now I skip night missions because of it.

We're looking at the AI with High Priority:

http://www.acemod.net/forums/project.php?issueid=817

The healing system breaks missions sometimes. Twice, when my whole team had to take a position or be somewhere, one of my men wasn't dead (it said he would die in minutes, he never did though) and the only way I could proceed was to kill him myself.

What missions are we talking about? Stock missions in ArmA, or custom ones?

Due to for example the wound system missions will have to be designed with another approach than before, since the whole dead/alive bit isn't black and white anymore, but a shade of grey. Changing triggers from 'No BLUFOR/REDFOR' to other variants, possibly with small scripts connected to them, and more extensive use of radio messages, multiple mission outcomes and such would probably be required to make 'ACE-proof' missions.

In the end I really do urge people to get and learn to use the BattleCenter. It might take some getting used to, but it is a very, very powerful tool in mission making, *and* it helps the AI perform better on a large scale by having groups trying to surround the enemy and stuff like that.

For traditionalists what I wrote further up still remains true though. One will have to alter the way one designs missions a bit to adapt to the mechanics of ACE, and when that bump is overcome I sure hope it'll be more enjoyable than stock ArmA smile_o.gif

Great job on the mod. Downloaded it and tried it out on my winter break...wtg ace mod! Top notch for sure!

Sickboy can I install your mod and the fdf mod do they go into there folder?

How do I add ammo and stuffs into the rucksack? I search the thread using "ruck" keyword, but didn't found how to add items into the rucksack.

Thank you for this great mod

Just add "_PDM" to the end of the magazine's classname, for example an AK74 mag: this addmagazine "ACE_30Rnd_545x39_B_AK_PDM"

Great job ! Sound perfect, gameplay perfect, model and texture perfect... its just awesome xmas_o.gif

Two things :

- ACE doesnt work with 3DEmap editor ? I try to lunch 3DE but i cant find "bob the builder" when i use ACE

- When i use opterixmap folder+ACE+ACEmapfolder, i cant see the tracers ! ?

So, has anybody found the HuntIR ammo box and tried it yet?

This was a really late addition to the mod but its quickly becoming one of my favorite parts smile_o.gif

I really like this mod, had great times in Coop with this yay.gif , just one quick question, do current plans for ACE include adding wind effects to the bullets?

Or is that not possible (engine limitations?) / not wanted by the team?

I noticed sniping in ACE is as easy as in ArmA, just need to align the scope vertical over the target and readjust vertical if the bullet drops to far above.

This was a really late addition to the mod but its quickly becoming one of my favorite parts smile_o.gif

superb. One of the prettiest thing in ACE smile_o.gif

Found a bug that some of guys (ACE Restistance->Resistance with East Weapons) - has AK74 which is different than standard (ACE OPFOR -> Rifleman) AK74.

Its propably RedHammer's or RHS's, I'm not sure.

Yeah man, that's one of the best enhancements ArmA has had thus far. I'm using it heavily in the over crowded DAC mission I put together. Matter of fact I use it so often I have to place a HuntIR crate via RKSL Cargo in the Linebacker I'm driving around so I have enough. Truly a spectacular addition to ACE.

I've been meaning to mention it but completely forgot. Thanks for the nudge scuba!

Icewindo,

I think wind deflection is possible. If I remember correctly Q1184 put out an AddOn that does this some time ago. I haven't tried it with ACE yet so I'm not sure if it's compatible.(It should be though cause he uses XEH.) I'll see if I can find a link for you.

I really like this mod, had great times in Coop with this yay.gif , just one quick question, do current plans for ACE include adding wind effects to the bullets?

Or is that not possible (engine limitations?) / not wanted by the team?

I noticed sniping in ACE is as easy as in ArmA, just need to align the scope vertical over the target and readjust vertical if the bullet drops to far above.

If i find time i'll overhaul my old wind addon (it needs some optimizations) and either include it in ACE (as an optional component) or just release separately.

Barring a few  teething problems ...

This is nothing  short of genius ...

Has breathed new life into the game ..

well done  guys smile_o.gif

Trying to talk Tomcat into ditching the RTY Mod server and running an ACE server