sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Public Release!

Quote[/b] ]I dont think this has been asked before but... is there any way to find the classnames for the new weapons like the flashbang, SCARs, 416's, etc.  If it has already been answered my apologies for posting.
Here you go: http://www.acemod.net/forums/showthread.php?t=104
Hello,

First i have to say that your mod is really amazing !!

Thank you for all your big good work  notworthy.gif

I enjoyed WGL on OFP tounge2.gif

It's the best FX i've seen so far in ArmA biggrin_o.gif

But it can't get my custom sound working with the ACE mod :$

I just hear the new explosion sound from your mod, otherless, all sound are the vanilla's one  goodnight.gif

Can you help me please ? Thank you  yay.gif

EDIT: I use YASM sound pack 1.6, it works great with other mods. I think it's the best sound pack for the weapons, the more real one (i practice target shooting)

From the "arma\dta\ACE\ACE_clientside_config.hpp":

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">/*

ACE_OVERRIDE_BIS_SOUNDS

When defined, ACE sounds are used for default arma classes

When undefined (commented out), Default ArmA sounds are used for default arma classes, meaning they can be freely overriden by soundmods

*/

#define ACE_OVERRIDE_BIS_SOUNDS

So comment out the define line:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">// #define ACE_OVERRIDE_BIS_SOUNDS

Hello,

First i have to say that your mod is really amazing !!

Thank you for all your big good work  notworthy.gif

I enjoyed WGL on OFP tounge2.gif

It's the best FX i've seen so far in ArmA biggrin_o.gif

But it can't get my custom sound working with the ACE mod :$

I just hear the new explosion sound from your mod, otherless, all sound are the vanilla's one  goodnight.gif

Can you help me please ? Thank you  yay.gif

EDIT: I use YASM sound pack 1.6, it works great with other mods. I think it's the best sound pack for the weapons, the more real one (i practice target shooting)

I think ACE juggles the class names and stuff so I think unless you grab the sound effects portion of the config files and rewrite it yourself, pointing to the sounds in yasm, you're SOL.

Oh yeah i see sad_o.gif

banghead.gif

Okay, the forums are acting very weird. Forgive me if you see multiples of this message.

I should clarify that those are assumptions on my part. Someone else may have a more informed answer for you.

Any chance ACE could disable server death messages? So we aren't instantly aware someone's gone down, and then have to check dog tags to see who.

We've tried disabling them on the server config in the past to no effect.

THIS MOD IS F****** AMAZING SO !

Emh, excuse me smile_o.gif

It was the only thing missing for me because the sound is really important for immertion. We just need new AK74 and M16/M4 inlove.gif

Thank you again

I need some assistance in installing ACE on a Dedicated Server.  The Dedicated Server Readme link sends me to Google.  The server will be a linx box, if that makes a difference?

Daniel @ Dec. 28 2008,04:37)]Any chance ACE could disable server death messages? So we aren't instantly aware someone's gone down, and then have to check dog tags to see who.

WRONG!

-ace should not have anything to do with this one anyways

Quote[/b] ]DeathMessages=1; // (1.09 and later) Displays "XXX was killed by YYY" messages in multiplayer

NetStats=1; // (1.09 and later) Enables the scoreboard functionality in MP

If those are set to 0, then you will have no kill msg and no scoreboard. Just make sure you got the server.cfg right

more info on server cfg here:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/server.armaprofile

I dont think this has been asked before but... is there any way to find the classnames for the new weapons like the flashbang, SCARs, 416's, etc.  If it has already been answered my apologies for posting.

Hello icfhoop,

in your folder "..\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\@ACE\Docs\references", there is a file named weaplist_config_weap.xls.

It does list all the weapons and their magazines.

Such details are symptomatic of the hard and smart work behind ACE, hurray for the ACE team!  yay.gif

On our aussie ace server (GamingSA.com ACE Mod v1.00), the drag feature doesnt work for anyone, nor can anyone heal other players ever (no matter how many different bandages, epinephrin etc they're carrying). we had around 20 players for about 8 hour the other day and not once on any mission could anyone drag or use the medic features, and there were alot of people who were just running ace and nothing else, so there was no additional XEH used (note it all works on ai, just not other players).

any suggestions?

Maybe the problem is with the server? The server admin will need to check that. It may have conflicting addons. Most likely another version of extended eventhandlers (XEH).

Very strange.

i have already asked the server owner about it. these are the additional addons other than ace the server is running (in an @GSA folder):

afghan_village.pbo

afghan_village.pbo.OPX.bisign

avgani.pbo

avgani.pbo.OPX.bisign

map_3demap.pbo

map_3demap.pbo.MAP.bisign

MAP_EU.pbo

MAP_EU.pbo.MAP.bisign

MAP_Services.pbo

MAP_Services.pbo.MAP.bisign

opxbuildings.pbo

opxbuildings.pbo.OPX.bisign

opxmisc.pbo

opxmisc.pbo.OPX.bisign

opxplants.pbo

opxplants.pbo.OPX.bisign

opxroads.pbo

opxroads.pbo.OPX.bisign

PROPER_plants_standard_textures_with_lowplants.pbo

PROPER_plants_standard_textures_with_lowplants.pbo .PROPER_plants_standard_textures_with_lowplants_20 08_12_06.bisign

schmalfelden.pbo

schmalfelden.pbo.NBELL.bisign

schmalfeldenhv.pbo

schmalfeldenhv.pbo.NBELL.bisign

schmalfeldenxhv.pbo

schmalfeldenxhv.pbo.NBELL.bisign

uhao.pbo

uhao.pbo.OFM.bisign

as you can see there are no additional XEH.

the command line for the server is:

beta;DBE1;@ACE-Islands;@GSA;@ACE;@SIX_BC

All I can say is.... best mod ever. period.

The one thing I can recommend is for smarter AI, similar to FFN.

amen, I can't remember when I've had so much fun in ArmA! This mod makes profesional games look weak. (and its only a beta!wink_o.gif

Daniel @ Dec. 27 2008,20:37)]Any chance ACE could disable server death messages? So we aren't instantly aware someone's gone down, and then have to check dog tags to see who.

I think ever since 1.09 it has been possible to do that via the server config. We're running that way on ShackTac and have been for awhile. Check your config again, it sounds like you've got it incorrectly set up.

Is it inended that, we cant read the Wiki, as unregisterd user?

I can't even see the featurelist, without loging in.

It's fixed now.

If by fixed you mean we can view the feature list details, it's not.

Ah, I've found a more detailed look at what I'm experiencing.

There are two wiki feature pages and claim I don't have the access permissions to view. These are the ones regarding '3rd person view' and 'missiles'. It just so happens that those are the two I tried before I told you it was not fixed.

The mod is still awesome after 3 days. Is there a way to change the sound mod I love the snapping in ACE and the rain. But no offense to the person who chose the tank sound effects, they sound like tanks from a hollywood movie.

about the reaperance of the kill messages, could it be that you are running 1.15b ? if so, try it without that on?

After some testing it seems that ECS and grenadier fix work ok with ACE. Is there a way to remove or disable the default ACE AI and will this cause any other problems with the mod?

Is it somehow possible to make the AI use the weapons of the SF Hummer?

None of the guns, not even the main gun, get used by AI. huh.gif

About sound mods:

Read the thread first before asking.

About grenadier fix: I play ACE without it and few times I was hit with grenade right in my face. It seems default AI is dooing a great job at distances at which normally people would use grenades (200m, above that it's an aera effect weapon and it won't allow hitting a selected person).

Grenadier fix would cause friendly fire in many cases, it's better if they occasionally overshoot than hit you in the back.

Quote[/b] ]Is it somehow possible to make the AI use the weapons of the SF Hummer?

None of the guns, not even the main gun, get used by AI.

I get that too.

We'd tried DeathMessages=1; and =0 in the past but i'll have another look. Good to hear it does work on some servers.

EDIT:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">difficulty="veteran";

DeathMessages=0;

NetStats=0;

VonID=0;

maxPlayers=32;

That's a portion of the server config, any ideas why DeathMessages are still showing? Don't think there's anything wrong upstream because we can set maxPlayers.

For those who have issues with their MP Server; Player join problems, joining as bird etc;

We're tracking an issue for it at our Project Tools: http://www.acemod.net/forums/project.php?issueid=806#note5297

It's about the length and amount of ACE (BackPack) magazines, and the amount of processing we do at Pre and Post Init, and possible incompatibilities.

If anyone has some useful findings to report, please join in.

Is it somehow possible to make the AI use the weapons of the SF Hummer?

None of the guns, not even the main gun, get used by AI. huh.gif

This hasn't been a problem for me. In our alpha builds, I placed an SF HMMWV with 1 AI as the main gunner and it did engage enemy.

Daniel @ Dec. 28 2008,15:15)]We'd tried DeathMessages=1; and =0 in the past but i'll have another look. Good to hear it does work on some servers.

EDIT:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">difficulty="veteran";

DeathMessages=0;

NetStats=0;

VonID=0;

maxPlayers=32;

That's a portion of the server config, any ideas why DeathMessages are still showing? Don't think there's anything wrong upstream because we can set maxPlayers.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">version=1;

blood=1;

viewDistance=3000;

terrainGrid=50.000000;

volumeCD=7;

volumeFX=7;

volumeSpeech=7;

singleVoice=0;

playerVoice=0;

gamma=1.000000;

brightness=1.000000;

fovTop=0.750000;

fovLeft=1.000000;

uiTopLeftX=0.000000;

uiTopLeftY=0.000000;

uiBottomRightX=1.000000;

uiBottomRightY=1.000000;

sceneComplexity=300000.000000;

shadingQuality=1;

shadowQuality=1;

soundEnableEAX=0;

soundEnableHW=0;

class Difficulties

{

class regular

{

class Flags

{

Armor=1;

FriendlyTag=1;

EnemyTag=0;

HUD=1;

HUDPerm=1;

HUDWp=0;

HUDWpPerm=0;

AutoSpot=0;

Map=0;

WeaponCursor=1; //Using mod to remove crossHairs, but allows FriendlyTAG

AutoGuideAT=0;

ClockIndicator=0;

3rdPersonView=0;

Tracers=0;

UltraAI=1;

AutoAim=0;

UnlimitedSaves=0;

deathMessages=0;

netStats=0;

allowSeagull=1;

suppressPlayer=1;

realisticFatigue=1;

};

skillFriendly=0.650000;

skillEnemy=0.650000;

precisionFriendly=0.650000;

precisionEnemy=0.650000;

};

class veteran

{

class Flags

{

Armor=1;

FriendlyTag=1;

EnemyTag=0;

HUD=1;

HUDPerm=1;

HUDWp=0;

HUDWpPerm=0;

AutoSpot=0;

Map=0;

WeaponCursor=1;

AutoGuideAT=0;

ClockIndicator=0;

3rdPersonView=0;

Tracers=0;

UltraAI=1;

AutoAim=0;

UnlimitedSaves=0;

deathMessages=0;

netStats=0;

allowSeagull=1;

suppressPlayer=1;

realisticFatigue=1;

};

skillFriendly=0.650000;

skillEnemy=0.650000;

precisionFriendly=0.650000;

precisionEnemy=0.650000;

};

};

Is what we have for our server. Make sure you have it in the server profile settings. It appears you it in the server.cfg similiar to this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

hostname = "Hypernia.com | AAF - Operations";

BattlEye=1;

voteThreshold=0.33;

voteMissionPlayers=0;

persistent=1;

disableVoN=0;

vonCodecQuality=8;

VonID=1;

maxPlayers=16;

... etc etc

Great mod, rucksacks and fatigue system really makes you think about what your carrying.

as said before by others: most fun I've had playing ArmA in a long time.

Not sure if it's been mentioned (not taken the time to read back) but Dragging bodies, Examing Bodies and the jump out function don't seem to work in MP when running V1.15Beta.

Might just be me but the engine start up noise on the vehicles also doesn't seem to work in MP either. Could just be me though again only when running V1.15Beta.

Anyways, amazing mod smile_o.gif

Hi, just a couple of questions and suggestions.

1. What is the correct way to create a viewblock equipped ACE smokegrenade? I've tried smoke = "ACE_SmokeGrenade_White" createVehicle [getPos player select 0, getPos player select 1, (getPos player select 2)+2] in a trigger but nothing gets created. Regular smoke grenades work but without the viewblock. I need it for smoke artillery useage, and earlier I used the DMSmokeGrenadeVB addon which did the trick.

2. The documentation doesn't list the map object classname (for the game logic "Enable: Map Object"). Also I can't find any such object in the ACE weapons crate. What should I use to have some additional fun with this? smile_o.gif

3. Request for future betas: A new binocular class called monocular_scope or something. Ment for the spotter (sniper close protection) classes, restricted by mission designer naturally. Highly zoomeable and should have very high weapons sway at standing or crouched, and very little sway at prone position. Few cares too much if this still looks like a binocular ingame, but icon and name should reflect what it actually is. Here is an image of what I mean:

Sniper with spotterscope

4. Also I can not find classnames for flare ammo in docs. No units seems to be equipped with it either. Do you plan to include flares and smoke grenades for the new grenade launchers?

Awesome mod btw, I'm overwhelmed.

Thank you ACE team. Glad to have those islands from WGL back smile_o.gif

This hasn't been a problem for me. In our alpha builds, I placed an SF HMMWV with 1 AI as the main gunner and it did engage enemy.

For me they only report enemy's, but did not engage them, even if they come under fire and get killed one after the other.

I placed the SF Hummer on the map as an empty vehicle, than ordered my men to board the vehicle, and they did not engage.

When i place the vehicle as an normal AI operated vehicle with me as an observer on the scene (civilian) the same happens.

They don`t fire one single shot from any of their mounted weapons. When i board the vehicle after the slaughter, all guns are working fine and have full ammo.