Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

wow!, but is it certain then that these screenshots are from a 360 build??

I would love to hear some confirmation if this is really from the 360 version...

I mean.. it's in the xbox 360 version of the site... Can someone from BI please confirm this? (o, I asked this 2 time in the same post didn't I? :D )

Well let me assist by asking for a 3rd time :)

Are these really Xbox 360 screenshots?

http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/armaii/images/0/2/?tag=thumbs_below;thumb;2

SuddenDeath reported that Morpicon (German publisher) stick to their releasedate at the end of may (29.may).

http://www.armamdb.de/phpkit/include.php?path=content/news.php&contentid=1424

Seems the Germans are again the betatesters for the rest of the world.

maybe intressting the final Systemreqs:

seems i'm buying the german version online then - again lol as that was the one i bought last time as it was out first and then I waited for the patch that let me play it in english.

At the end of VG247's article it says: "ArmA II will be released for 26th June exclusively for PC. For all the latest information please visit www.arma2.com"

I bet they wanna put out the PC Version first and get that one right and not spend more time with putting it on consoles until it is released... Plus the community wants the PC title baaad and it's easier to fix a bug on the pc, i guess... Getting console players later is nice for the money but they can wait a little...

something else: International cover looks waaay better!!!

looks crappy that the guy in the german version is shooting and it's too much text! I like it just being Arma II on the international one... plus that there is no flag in the background...

Hey not to start a fight with you and the rest of the PC players ( I am a old PC player myself) but, the truth be told the console market is overall bigger and it's way easier to fix a bug on the console then the PC.

Bohemia is doing right by it's old community by making the PC first but once mainstream console players get a taste for this game and see what this game can play like it's all over.

The console market is continuing to grow each year but they don't know any better then COD/BF/GRAW/GEAR/HALO and RB6 games.

BOHEMIA will show them with this game and the gates will open!

Well let me assist by asking for a 3rd time :)

Are these really Xbox 360 screenshots?

http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/armaii/images/0/2/?tag=thumbs_below;thumb;2

At PCGames.de it is said:

"ArmA 2, das von der USK die Freigabe ab 16 Jahren erhielt, erscheint exklusiv für den PC und durchläuft momentan einen intensiven Betatest. Morris Hebecker, Geschäftsführer von Morphicon und Peter Games, beteuert, dass Konsolenpläne keinerlei Einfluss auf die Gestaltung der PC-Fassung hätten"

->

'ArmA2, rated for age 16, will be released exclusively on the PC and is currently undergoing intense beta testings. Morris Hebecker, CEO of Morphicon and Petergames, assures, that plans to bring ArmAII on the next-gen consoles, will not have any impact on the design of the PC version.'

But, of course, that says nothing about the topic. So i guess the BIS folks need to make a statement here ;)

Edited by Hoot

erscheint exklusiv für den PC
:eek::crazy_o::smiley-blunder:

Well, not very consistent all that marketing noise

Those new screens look fking awesome :D

the extra grass draw distance reeaaalllyy make a difference :D

German release date is still May 29th? Oh hell yes! Sometimes living in good old Deutschland does have its perks. :D

(The following contribution is rated "S" for satire.) Avibird, I like consoles as long as they stay out of my way when it comes to complex, versatile game concepts really. There are some great console games out there - just not always my cup of tea, so to say. Anyways:

"Hey not to start a fight with you and the rest of the PC players ( I am a old PC player myself) but, the truth be told the console market is overall bigger and it's way easier to fix a bug on the console then the PC."

Erh...? The console market is bigger, yeah, mostly due to more lucrative prospects and a more easily influenced target group ("Mom, buy me that game, there's a soldier with a funny hat on the cover!") - not to mention the lack of flexibility (which also provides easier customer surveilance, a.k.a. copy protection).

As for fixing bugs in console games - It's the other way round, right? May I remind you of Oblivion and its "savegame / difficulty" bug? Ah, the fun we had! Seeing how dedicated BIS is when it comes to community support and patch releases, you have to admit, this is an absolute PC tenet. I bet you're not writing your BIS forum post with your X-Box controller, either.

"Bohemia is doing right by it's old community by making the PC first but once mainstream console players get a taste for this game and see what this game can play like it's all over. "

Holy Jebus, no! You can't play a simulator with 5 coloured buttons and a fidgety thumb stick. Crysis, which isn't even 1/100th as complex as ArmA was a hilarious example of just how much worse console controls for extended gameplay concepts are. Some servers there even tried to enforce gamepads for PC players in order to join in. I couldn't help but smile.

As long as it helps BIS, let the console players spend money on a new game, alright - as they usually do every three weeks or so. But I'd hate to see the controls being vastly deteriorated due to a console lobby.

The console market is continuing to grow each year but they don't know any better then COD/BF/GRAW/GEAR/HALO and RB6 games.

Not to start a discussion about how good or bad these games are but console game developers shouldn't know any "better", so to say. A simple arcade game for a nice evening with friends and beverages - that's what makes consoles great! There are many highly original (yet very simple!) games for consoles out there, and this is where the refuge of the market lies, should the average console users suddenly decide to be weary of the same old schemes over and over again.

BOHEMIA will show them with this game and the gates will open!

I understand BIS' decision to release ArmA2 for consoles - and I presume it's a solely monetary one. I don't think they suddenly decided "Hey, let's make a super smart game and release it on a vast market whose primary target group distinguishes itself through playing overpriced, repetitive games that pretend to have good graphics for about three weeks and then buy the next one."

Well, that I had to get off my chest :-D

(I own a console myself, by the way)

Edited by The.D

You're completely right, it's time that the moderators took a firmer stance in here, and from now on that's what we'll do.

Warning to everyone, ignore at your peril.

Enough is enough, from now on everyone must stick to the thread title, people will start getting immediate post restrictions if they don't stick to discussing the specifics of new press coverage. Dragging it off topic into the world of their ranting and whining and bitching is completely unacceptable and it ends now.

You were warned...

Two day cooloff period incoming.

Console vs. PC discussion can be found here, do not drag this thread offtopic again.

Edited by Sniperwolf572

Buchta said this, but German publisher said the title ArmA2 is "released exclusively on the PC", but I guess it is a misunderstanding, maybe that publisher got only the right to sell ArmA 2 for PC and not for any console or whatever.

Raptor posted that link:

http://www.armamdb.de/phpkit/include.php?path=content/news.php&contentid=1424

And if Ivan Buchta said "at the same time"....time is relative, maybe he meant within the same year.

Hoots translation:

'ArmA2, rated for age 16, will be released exclusively on the PC and is currently undergoing intense beta testings. Morris Hebecker, CEO of Morphicon and Petergames, assures, that plans to bring ArmAII on the next-gen consoles, will not have any impact on the design of the PC version.'

He left out that Morris said that Morphi focus on the PC version means they will not release PC and console at the same time.

And for consoles he is talking about "plans".

Edited by S!fkaIaC

New French preview added on the arma2.com list:

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/articles/0001/00010733-arma-2-preview.htm

Plenty of new screens in there, although maybe some spoilers.

It amazes me every time how awesome the grass in Arma 2 looks, even from close up. Also, in one of those pics it looks like the driver is changing gear. Or is that just the standard driving anim now?

I gotta say, the story line looks very engaging. Anyone else notice those 'mass graves'? Brings out the self-righteous killah in me!

Thanks for the links, some of the screenshots are new I think :yay:

Arma2's story will be darker it seems...

I gotta say, the story line looks very engaging. Anyone else notice those 'mass graves'? Brings out the self-righteous killah in me!

Indeed

Spoiler warning (the link): I was actually a bit shocked by this!

Edited by SaBrE_UK

Jeuxvideo.com is the french reference when it comes to PC games (And not only PC games), as it is undoubtedly the most popular french website in these regards.

Their feedback is very positive and more than optimistic, and most of their reviewers aren't the easiest guys to convince, heh.

Regards,

TB

mmm... Why shocked?

I'm getting the slight impression that ArmA II can have similar capabilities than OFP in terms of popularity.

It all depends on BIS marketing policy now.

Regards,

TB

mmm... Why shocked?

Because of the subject matter- I guess they're civilians.

I personally found this a bit more shocking (Spoiler).

Adult themes eh?

War is not nice.

Barbara Bush

US wife of George Bush 1945 (1925 - )

Also bottom of BIS's OFP1 Death cam shots

Not suitable for CM children. That is why it has an age rating. ;)

RATING: PEGI 18+

http://www.505games.co.uk/Games.aspx?ID=128

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

I think different people are seeing different screenshots. I see someone with night vision, but I think you're referring to the screenshot with all the dead people buried in the ground.