Sign in to follow this  
Raptor

GC 2008 Press Coverage

Yes! Finally we can order AIs to attack or mount vehicles directly on the map. Much easier then guessing you to the correct vehicles like in ArmA.

Many neat features indeed.

@Brendon: Anything really, most have equalizers. This time it was DivX.

Wow, a lot of awesome features being showcased here biggrin_o.gif

Seems like the small command menu will be context sensitive and give you the most used commands, and if thats not enough then you can go directly to the old complex micromanaging menu.

Oh, and Marek has a very nice forehead biggrin_o.gif

Brilliant reworking of the command interface, but still managing to keep the old full-content interface just a keypress away. Love it!

On the formations demonstration, I couldn't tell clearly if the group that was sent off with a goto command actually held their own sub-formation or if they still had a gap for his avatar.. Anyone spot a definitive answer to this one?

"Much More" buildings enterable and "more interesting environment" - also great news.

Scripting help system - this is a very useful feature for the single-line edit box, now all we need is it to work for a larger text box for whole script files :D

Is it known whether the help system's snippet example / whole help text is editable or updateable in any way?

Yes! Finally we can order AIs to attack or mount vehicles directly on the map. Much easier then guessing you to the correct vehicles like in ArmA.

Many neat features indeed.

I thought it was already possible in ARMA???

I still cant view the vids. Filefront is acting up on me. couldn't download anything from there. Any mirrors available?

Maruk:

Quote[/b] ]Don't complain now, complain when we release the game

Love it. biggrin_o.gif

Looks like ArmA2 is shaping up to become really good.

-edit-

wow_o.gif Loader positions on AFV's *Sabot Up!*

look at what is time in czech republic before demanding anything smile_o.gif

these are some awesome videos show great amount of work done on this one.

I cant wait for part three maybe just as much as i cant wait for the website to open.  whistle.gif

thanks a lot to telejunky and the rest who are bringing us these news.

He walked with binoculars! wow_o.gif

EDIT: Part 2 of these video's is really amazing. biggrin_o.gif

Indeed, reloading while walking, moving with binoculars..and the community says they never listen  whistle.gif

special thanks to telejunky and Armabase.de and Crystal for linking us, and of course Maruk for being there and answering questions, you guys have helped greatly.

duh, looks good, but I find it still that 3rd person looks better than 1st person whistle.gif

duh, looks good, but I find it still that 3rd person looks better than 1st person  whistle.gif

I think it looks better than 1st person because there is more to look at. Normally in ArmA and OFP when im running I get bored because it doesn't really seem like anything is going on. When im moving in 3rd person though you actually see the guy moving so it is a bit more interesting. I try to only play in 1st person now though.

ArmA II is looking quite nice. I liked the last part of the video with the Mi-24 Hind. That was awesome! It looks incredibly deadly now.

EDIT: I was hoping the website would be up by the time I got home from work. What type of czech isn't at work at 6 in the morning? Seriously though im hoping that when I wake up tomorrow it is online.

EDIT: I was hoping the website would be up by the time I got home from work. What type of czech isn't at work at 6 in the morning? Seriously though im hoping that when I wake up tomorrow it is online.

People are awake at 6AM?

tounge2.gif

Give them some time to wake up and have their coffee biggrin_o.gif

walk with binos!! slower reload while moving!!!! HOORAH!!!!! notworthy.gif

still cant view the first one through, can someone upload it to whatever place so that i can dl it?

yea plz uptade the official website, its 3:30 am here i want to go to sleep.

yea plz uptade the official website, its 3:30 am here i want to go to sleep.

Well it's only September but I'm starting to get that warm and fuzzy  xmas_o.gif feelin already.

Please stop spamming this thread about the website, it'll be updated and online when it's ready, not before, not after.

It's really hard to tell from the vids how Arma2 will look as a finished product, but I can say I'm massively disappointed with the editor. The feature I was most looking forward to and hoping for was a 3D in-game editor similar to the one in Crysis.

Making complex missions -placing guys on rooftops or stairs, constructing bases, adding objects and clutter to towns and areas... its all so clunky and tedious in the 2D editor. I had hoped that 3D editing would support rapid development and not deter people from making interesting scenarios - I know I got fed up pretty quickly spending hours putting AI in good tactical positions.

I guess the same applies to islands - oh so easy in Crysis and quite the mammoth effort in Arma. Pity that game sucked cos it had the tools!

It's really hard to tell from the vids how Arma2 will look as a finished product, but I can say I'm massively disappointed with the editor. The feature I was most looking forward to and hoping for was a 3D in-game editor similar to the one in Crysis.

Making complex missions -placing guys on rooftops or stairs, constructing bases, adding objects and clutter to towns and areas... its all so clunky and tedious in the 2D editor.  I had hoped that 3D editing would support rapid development and not deter people from making interesting scenarios - I know I got fed up pretty quickly spending hours putting AI in good tactical positions.

I guess the same applies to islands - oh so easy in Crysis and quite the mammoth effort in Arma.  Pity that game sucked cos it had the tools!

Im pretty sure in one of the earlier german magazine previews there were shots of a 3D editor for Arma2.. and even if that doesnt get included in release thanks to our great mod community im sure the Arma RTE4 will get ported across.