Sign in to follow this  
StefX

New ArmA II Pictures!

Looks like rain is still made just like in OFP and ArmA. I was really expecting particle rain this time with real drops. But at least the water looks good and can be added to any terrain level.

I must be blind or something but I don't see any pics of rain?

Me either at first!

But then if you look very closely.

Those greenish puddles are just photorealistic :O

I actually like the grass clutter in the ponds.. makes them look more.. organic / believable

nice work anyway.

Beautiful...absolutely. Looks like the places around our cottage. I really do like how they make it believable. Not so shiny, with strange colors and strange postprocessing like COD or Crysis, but much more believable and realistic.

One more step now...let the water flow.

It looks really good and a lot better than I had hoped for :-)

Edited by LockJaw-65-

Those ponds looks very real. I live in Poland in small village, and ponds looks like those which are near my village, also area near roads looks the same :)

Really good job, very beautiful.

Holy cow! Now I can really go fishing somewhere in Chernarus :D Good work BIS.

eJay: watch for your back or you'll get mauled by human-controlled shining cow =)

Oh yes, these controlled-by-human spy cows... A new tactical weapon. And deadly :)

Looking really nice but how AI is going/swimming through?

Btw will we see again light/smoke/rain in buildings like in OFP+ArmA?

Which weather effects do have an impact on AI movement, POV and tactics?

Will there be an winter Chernarus with snow and blizzards - maybe as an xmas surprise?

Impressive. I just hope they have some basic sprite they add to the water surface when it rains.

That grass-in the pond thing isn't too bad. Ok, maybe not in the middle of it, but the transition is great.

I wonder what player will feel when playing as cow, and milk time begins.

"I hope his hands aren't cold."

Rain still looks crap to be frank but the terrain detail is amazing

I wonder what player will feel when playing as cow, and milk time begins.

I've heard NaturalPoint are working on a virtual udder peripheral that simulates the sensation of being milked quite realistically. Being a cow has never felt so immersive.

I've heard NaturalPoint are working on a virtual udder peripheral that simulates the sensation of being milked quite realistically. Being a cow has never felt so immersive.

Ahahahahahahahahahahah!:D

Those ponds looks very real. I live in Poland in small village, and ponds looks like those which are near my village, also area near roads looks the same :)

Really good job, very beautiful.

They do indeed. I hope the "removal of grass clutter" in the ponds doesnt mean they will clean them out and just leave water. Many ponds have grass growing under water as well. At least close to the edges. To me the clutter looks perfect as is. :) Removing them too much will be a mistake.

And ofcourse just have to say that the ponds/water looks amazing. Awesome work. Go BIS go!

Cant wait for Co-op cow missions.

1237466918_cows.gif

Wow, it looks really nice. I'd rather they left the grass in the water though. Why? Because it's realistic. I hate it when while playing a game, I see a pond with the land precisely separated from the water. (sounds stupid, I know) There's plenty of vegetation in the water, even if it's a plain grass, mostly because of water's surface fluctuation. It would look much better if there were shrubs in the water imho..

edit: sorry for ot, I didn't realise we're talking about cow simulation now :P

Looks great

Arma II will be fantastic for those who have never been to Europe.

Instant vacation with the family:bounce3:

You could have built it yourself using a rubber glove and vaseline if only NaturalPoint werent fascist bastards who dont want us to enjoy almost the same thing for much less money! :mad:

where does one attach this device on oneself?

where does one attach this device on oneself?

finger...or if u want more immersion then nose.