Sign in to follow this  
StefX

New ArmA II Pictures!

cmon guys, BIS stated that arma2 will be future conflict.

T-80s, btr-80s and so on are weapons of past, now russia is equiping with new weapon systems: like Ka-52s and Mi-28Ns, T-90s, BTR-90s and so on...

What if BIS would have made all stuff we want? What community will do then? Whole community would switch to mission/campaing making? lol

All in all we are still geting too much, one of most important is almost unlimited moding.

And I'm very pleased with it.

T-80s, btr-80s and so on are weapons of past, now russia is equiping with new weapon systems: like Ka-52s and Mi-28Ns, T-90s, BTR-90s and so on...

What if BIS would have made all stuff we want? What community will do then? Whole community would switch to mission/campaing making? lol

All in all we are still geting too much, one of most important is almost unlimited moding.

And I'm very pleased with it.

Agree! I'm and I think many people will be happy If there is newer technology. Really, I am tired all those AK-s, BMP-s, T72, T80 ect... It's cool there is future Russians weapons, not that old stuff again.

But, LOL Vilas, same BS again. You should be happy that you are not banned forever yet! But If you continue that way, It will come sooner or later :rolleyes:

Edited by Mafia101

Please refrain from the Vilas bashing, if there's issues to be raised in the how and what Vilas posts that's for us to do, members acting as moderators is treading into the area of flamebaiting.

Agree! I'm and I think many people will be happy If there is newer technology. Really, I am tired all those AK-s, BMP-s, T72, T80 ect... It's cool there is future Russians weapons, not that old stuff again.

Dude, do you know what are you saying? First, T-80U (and next U series) is far more better than T-90 which is in fact modernised T-72. Second, Russian Army doesn't have money for new vehicles/aircrafts. For example, there's about 300 T-90, 4500 T-80 and 9800 T-72. BTR-90 numbers oscillate in 100, whereas BTR-80 are about 4000 (and older BTR 70 and 60 are about 4000 together). Only BMP-3 are in higher "precental" quantity, theres about 1500 of them (BMP-2 about 4000). In air forces, Kamovs 50/52 are in number of 25, Mi-28N - 16 and Mi-24 -what a suprise - 260. In therms of firearms, AK-74M is standard-issue rifle. In 1994 An-94 was selected as new rifle (now there's AK-107) but goverment is too greedy (1 abakan costs are similar to 5 74M's) and there no abakans (nor Ak-107). There have been no new aircraft in service for about 20 years (both Mikoyan and Sukchoi produce new cutting-edge planes like Mig-35 and Su-35). GPS analogue isn't working at all, there are 4 (literally FOUR) UAV's for entire army, and about countermeasures I'll quote general Anatoly Nogovitsyn after war with Georgia (where Russians lost at least 7 planes) - "we've used soviet-era systems" - it speaks for itself.

So if you want to play today's Russia go play as Czernorus army or Red Star movement.

Oh, now I've seen Universal and Vilas post ;P

To be clear, I'm not complaining about Russian army in ARMA 2, I like very much concept of using new weapons, but please people remember this is not true Russian army and Vilas and Universal are right in that case

Btw, it's my first post here ;)

Edited by EmperorPalpa

dude, i know the numbers...

all those new vehicle numbers are almost enough for chernarus conflict.

why do you people don't like to see what up-to-date russian technology can do?

about T-80 vs. T-90 you are quite wrong, thermal imager alone gives T-90 huge advantage, besides, russia can't build T-80s, since factory is in Ukraine(reserves gonna end someday...). So BIS decided to show REAL russian built vehicles...

rest of russian and post soviet stuff can be moded...

Please, stop whining :(

It is a game based on reality, not a reality. Who cares about numbers in Russian army. I bet BiS has chosen the best weaponry and vehicles to fit in the setting, in the conflict they have in game.

It is only based on them, not them :) So you name them e.g. Unita Stations of UmarIca and Ruskan Fudarotion or Wookies and Tookies or whatever...it's only a name and it's only a game :D Or.... Ben la, ont joue, c'est sérieux! :D :D :D

"Oh, now I've seen Universal and Vilas post ;P

To be clear, I'm not complaining about Russian army in ARMA 2, I like very much concept of using new weapons, but please people remember this is not true Russian army and Vilas and Universal are right in that case

Btw, it's my first post here"

hmmm... sounds strangely familiar ;)

I'm struggling to see what the latest debate has to do with "New ArmA II Pictures!" please either stay on topic or go to a more fitting thread to continue such a debate :)

Dude, do you know what are you saying? First, T-80U (and next U series) is far more better than T-90 which is in fact modernised T-72. Second, Russian Army doesn't have money for new vehicles/aircrafts. For example, there's about 300 T-90, 4500 T-80 and 9800 T-72. BTR-90 numbers oscillate in 100, whereas BTR-80 are about 4000 (and older BTR 70 and 60 are about 4000 together). Only BMP-3 are in higher "precental" quantity, theres about 1500 of them (BMP-2 about 4000). In air forces, Kamovs 50/52 are in number of 25, Mi-28N - 16 and Mi-24 -what a suprise - 260. In therms of firearms, AK-74M is standard-issue rifle. In 1994 An-94 was selected as new rifle (now there's AK-107) but goverment is too greedy (1 abakan costs are similar to 5 74M's) and there no abakans (nor Ak-107). There have been no new aircraft in service for about 20 years (both Mikoyan and Sukchoi produce new cutting-edge planes like Mig-35 and Su-35). GPS analogue isn't working at all, there are 4 (literally FOUR) UAV's for entire army, and about countermeasures I'll quote general Anatoly Nogovitsyn after war with Georgia (where Russians lost at least 7 planes) - "we've used soviet-era systems" - it speaks for itself.

So if you want to play today's Russia go play as Czernorus army or Red Star movement.

Oh, now I've seen Universal and Vilas post ;P

Btw, it's my first post here ;)

Can you give me statistics as to how the t-80U is better than the t-90?

I'm getting sick of the rumor means truth crap. Isn't the t-90 armor type still classified? I mean, how can you conclude anything if the t-90's armor type is still unknown? The only thing I've ever heard that makes the t-80 nicer than the t-90 is it's diesel fuel. It gives the t-80 more power.

Now, an-94 was TESTED not selected. It was a nice rifle, but to unreliable to be considered the new rifle. It is true that the ak-74m is the standard russian rifle, but it is not going to be in the near future. I believe the ak-107 will win out the contest against the aek-971. Simply because the ak-107 is in a further production stage, and has the simple ak design for the soldier.

POTS read my post.

Placebo -> pls, only one response :pray:

Can you give me statistics as to how the t-80U is better than the t-90?

With pleasure :p

It's not T-80U (becasue it's old and worse than T-90), but T-80UM-1 Bars.

First, it has new 1100 kW multi-fuel gas turbine which gives extra maneuverability and it's very reliable. Second, new fire control system with electronical conmponents and computers, standard hull armor is now stronger by integration composite armor (there's high posibility those are the same hull materials used in T-90). Third, It has the same Kontakt-5 era armor and same Shtora electro-optical protection suite. Next, it has Arena Active Protection System, which is the best-protection countermeasure system invented so far (even Koreans installed it on theirs K2 tank - which is the most sophisticated tank in the world). Next are minor changes like completly new tracks, air-condition, LED screens for driver and commander, fully-electricly(?) stabilised cannon, and GPS. And after all, it's T-80. It's a succesor to T-72, and T-90 is NOT a new tank, but a deep modernisation. It's damn russian propaganda (for example Mi-35 - Mi-24W, MIG-35 - modernized MIG-29, Su-39 - mod. Su-25 and so on).

POTS read my post.
Hey! Only BI's employees are allowed to call our shitty forum shitty, thank you very much! .

I thought this was about in game pictures?

But It's been invigorating reading some of the trash talk :)

My gun is better than your gun!

Placebo -> pls, only one response :pray:

With pleasure :p

It's not T-80U (becasue it's old and worse than T-90), but T-80UM-1 Bars.

First, it has new 1100 kW multi-fuel gas turbine which gives extra maneuverability and it's very reliable. Second, new fire control system with electronical conmponents and computers, standard hull armor is now stronger by integration composite armor (there's high posibility those are the same hull materials used in T-90). Third, It has the same Kontakt-5 era armor and same Shtora electro-optical protection suite. Next, it has Arena Active Protection System, which is the best-protection countermeasure system invented so far (even Koreans installed it on theirs K2 tank - which is the most sophisticated tank in the world). Next are minor changes like completly new tracks, air-condition, LED screens for driver and commander, fully-electricly(?) stabilised cannon, and GPS. And after all, it's T-80. It's a succesor to T-72, and T-90 is NOT a new tank, but a deep modernisation. It's damn russian propaganda (for example Mi-35 - Mi-24W, MIG-35 - modernized MIG-29, Su-39 - mod. Su-25 and so on).

last post concerning T-80s/90s, your T-80UM-1 is not officialy in service and if it was, their numbers would be even smaller than T-90s...

P.S. from now on, we can continue arguing with private messages

Over and out.

I'm struggling to see what the latest debate has to do with "New ArmA II Pictures!" please either stay on topic or go to a more fitting thread to continue such a debate :)

Erm, guys?

I really hate how this thread is organized.

Where are the pictures? some pages back perhaps.

Would be nice to have this thread like the photograph ArmA one. Post only ArmA2 pictures. Or close it already.

Maybe a new picture is coming if maruk allows placebo to post one. :p

but yes I also agree because the still new pictures will be discused in other or in seperate topics and ArmA2 is near to the release so I believe we will just get more video footage. :)

When I look at them I really have "that feel" which I had when I lunched OFP for the first time. F** the physics, F** the AI, I want this game NOW!

Beautiful, this castle is sooooo amazing and the village... I've no words for this.

Oh god..I just realised...castles....cows....we....we can have a Monty Python mod...

Oh god..I just realised...castles....cows....we....we can have a Monty Python mod...

How not to be seen :) :yay:

And now, as we had heard that there will be weapon specific animations, someone can make proper coconut shells...