Sign in to follow this  
StefX

New ArmA II Pictures!

I've sent a mail to 505 asking which PEGI rating is the correct one. The one on their website or this cover. Hopefully we'll get the answer on monday.

Speaking about the picture of the Chernarus map. I still don't understand how they intend to solve the north and west end of the map. Will you get shot down by SAM or would you just end up returning back the same way you left?

Physically you'll just return to the ''True map'', but psychologically it might feel as something like this:

maptheory.jpg

Edited by colossus
typo - TY Montana ^^

I feel that the true map as 1 peace was not revealed yet. But thats just my stupid feeling. :)

Yes, its very interesting to see how they will do it if its just what we see.

Yes lol... i saw it on the first view... it is Ivan Buchta.... isn´t it

Yes lol... i saw it on the first view... it is Ivan Buchta.... isn´t it

Sure he is.... hahaha and his mimic is god-like on that photo...

on the billboard is: "Thirsty Gourmet" (SMÃDNà MAÅ KRTNÃK)

Haha, nice to see the humour BIS is putting into the game (as with their previous titles). It'll juxtapose well with the poignant parts of the game.

Speaking about the picture of the Chernarus map. I still don't understand how they intend to solve the north and east end of the map

west side (forever) :D

Chernarus is looking very good, it reminds me so much of the Nogova I love in OFP and crave in ArmA.

The higher density of wooded area and larger scale makes it even more ideal. I could buy ArmA II if only for Chernarus and its local warring factions as an addon to ArmA and not be disappointed.

This is truely an example of the difference in quality between BI and community developed content. I'd say BI's artists have definately earned their pay, whatever that may be.

Community's content is so very good, I hadn't problem with them, but I understanding you and respect your opinion. I like some much fully professional content. I hope in better expansion pack to the future than was Queen's Gambit, I prefer Resistance expansion style. I would like better and bigger island than Porto, more new interesting units and guns.

Speaking about the picture of the Chernarus map. I still don't understand how they intend to solve the north and east end of the map. Will you get shot down by SAM or would you just end up returning back the same way you left?

That would be terrible! I'm sure there will be some sort of infinite procedural terrain.

Probably much like how Avgani, Navada, etc. deal with it in ArmA. Just long, repeating empty terrain.

Probably much like how Avgani, Navada, etc. deal with it in ArmA. Just long, repeating empty terrain.

That would suck too. If they can't make that procedurally generated terrain work, they should have made it an island in the first place. Infinite flat terrain would ruin the experience completely.

Wait, so then they would have to model ALL of the eastern side of the world? Lol.

That would suck too. If they can't make that procedurally generated terrain work, they should have made it an island in the first place. Infinite flat terrain would ruin the experience completely.

Who said anything about 'flat'?

Who said anything about 'flat'?
Originally Posted by Zipper5

Ok... not perfectly flat... :icon_rolleyes:

Wait, so then they would have to model ALL of the eastern side of the world? Lol.

No.

Edited by sk3pt

Community's content is so very good, I hadn't problem with them, but I understanding you and respect your opinion. I like some much fully professional content. I hope in better expansion pack to the future than was Queen's Gambit, I prefer Resistance expansion style. I would like better and bigger island than Porto, more new interesting units and guns.

NAPA point of view ? Viktor Troska will eventually return ?? :eek:

Or Russian point of view ?

Ok... not perfectly flat... :icon_rolleyes:

No.

Some time ago the devs said they were looking into how to solve the 'edge of the world' problem in detail. I don't think it will be how it is in ArmA1.

Yes, I think they called it a "dynamic terrain", which probably means it's procedurally generated.

Edited by sk3pt

How will it be possible to generate the same terrain for every client in multiplayer?

Would it be also possible to use this dynamic terrain function to create random islands which could then be re-created for everyone with some kind of "code" inserted in the editor?

If it's a fixed function that has no random component then it will be the same every time.

How will it be possible to generate the same terrain for every client in multiplayer?

Would it be also possible to use this dynamic terrain function to create random islands which could then be re-created for everyone with some kind of "code" inserted in the editor?

If the algorithm starts with a fixed number, the terrain that is generated will be the same on every client.

Although it could mean terrain can be repetitive, if the algorithm isn't complex.

I think the algorithm is based on L-systems.

Only if a random number generator is used, will the terrain be different on every client.

Viktor Troska is hero of Nogova .... he died before many years ago :D

Until NAPA traveled back in time to save him from the machines!

Oh yes, the campaign will be epic.

Until NAPA traveled back in time to save him from the machines!

Oh yes, the campaign will be epic.

If by machines you mean the battalion of tanks that blasted him all over the place then sure we'll go with that :p.