Sign in to follow this  
StefX

New ArmA II Pictures!

I thought that was a ford, not a dam. As you wouldn't expect a road to lead into a lake.

I'm wrong, by looking at this pic, there is deffinatly a road leading into the lake.

arma2chernarusindustriae.jpg

Might be some sort of basic slipway.

industrial areas look super, specially dam

i wonder is in Arma2 there are rivers/different level of water

dam reminds me RTCW map :)

Absolutely stunning. But I figure it will eat gfx-resources with all those nice trees. Let's hope it's a bit optimized compared to the current state of Arma (which is quite ok). I remember that ArmA was pretty unoptimized when it was released.

I don't know much about dams, but shouldn't it have a flowing water source. What's the point of damming a lake? (unless the source river is obscured by the trees on the right)

Hi, one thing that worries me is, with all this new things, with it's good shape... it's fresh

soviet style... what the fuck are OFP objects like the bunkbeds and things like that doing

among all this new and really good looking objects? because i don't get it, always that i

think about it... i'm about to say what i really think and get banned for life from this forums.

I hope that the OFP objects be completly removed, objects, textures and everything; and

that the only OFP trace that we see in the game, are those good things that it had and

that we're not entirely seeing in the released pictures.

We're seeing what looks like as a well done terrain with cold war atmosphere buildings

and also the civilian cars and things like that. Gonna be very sad if there're useless or just

outdated low-qual OFP's objects and textures. Those new pictures look really well. Let's C ya

Hi, one thing that worries me is, with all this new things, with it's good shape... it's fresh

soviet style... what the fuck are OFP objects like the bunkbeds and things like that doing

among all this new and really good looking objects? because i don't get it, always that i

think about it... i'm about to say what i really think and get banned for life from this forums.

I hope that the OFP objects be completly removed, objects, textures and everything; and

that the only OFP trace that we see in the game, are those good things that it had and

that we're not entirely seeing in the released pictures.

We're seeing what looks like as a well done terrain with cold war atmosphere buildings

and also the civilian cars and things like that. Gonna be very sad if there're useless or just

outdated low-qual OFP's objects and textures. Those new pictures look really well. Let's C ya

*Awaits the "if it ain't broke.." remark*

I don't know much about dams, but shouldn't it have a flowing water source. What's the point of damming a lake? (unless the source river is obscured by the trees on the right)

Also the lake doesn't look that big, i mean if your going to go to the expence of daming, you would want a much larger water supply than that. Only nitpicking my friends, only nitpicking ;)

Does anybody know if all the latest pictures of Chernarus are available at resolutions higher than 1280px? They're real stunning.

+1 thats a really nice find! :)

What's so special about it????:confused:

The fact that he's comparing the one in ArmA II to real life satellite imagery. Apart from a few changes, it looks identical. :eek:

i'd guess it's the arma 2 screenshot compared with a google earth shot from the same location.....

Nice btw ;)

edit : the disadvantage with opening all treads with new postings in em when arriving here at the forums... someone else might have answered before you...

Edited by Noraf
Zipper5 beat me to it

What's so special about it????:confused:

maybe one day you understand the beauty of that screen and whats behind all of it. ;)

Yes, watch the NAPA faction video. You can see a train pass by part way through.

I see from this pic..

http://www.arma2.com/images/stories/chernarus/inhabited/Arma2_chernarus_inhabited_01.jpg that there is a railway station.

Which brings me to an obvious question .... are we having working trains?

Or will there be a continuous track that will enable this to be modable?

Check this picture

And theres is a moving train in NAPA video.

They said we wouldnt have working trains, the train in the video is most likely scripted. (At least you shouldnt get your hopes up)

They said we wouldnt have working trains, the train in the video is most likely scripted. (At least you shouldnt get your hopes up)

Yes, but if BIS can script trains ingame, then so can the community. Or did BIS use some kind of photoshop trick. Also they did say that they don't alter the screenshots to make them look better, but would they stoop so low enough to enhance the videos. If they did then it seems like double standards to me.

Yes, but if BIS can script trains ingame, then so can the community. Or did BIS use some kind of photoshop trick. Also they did say that they don't alter the screenshots to make them look better, but would they stoop so low enough to enhance the videos. If they did then it seems like double standards to me.

True, i was already done in OFP. But BI probably just setvelocity'd the train which is enough for the background in a video, but completely useless when playing the game. It will probably take a while before we have working trains and then its still a mod, not default ingame content. ;)

Of it's a pity not to have moving train in-game, for it can be a part of the civil life scenery and I know that since the ARMA2 Preview by ArmA Mission Database, so I must go on with the project to buy Trainz, project I had cancelled when I saw that moving train in the video ;)

maybe one day you understand the beauty of that screen and whats behind all of it. ;)

Like yesterday? :rolleyes:

About the trains: In the latest Deadfast translated vid, I believe Jan Prazack (sp?) said they did a bit of spoofing with the train passing through the NAPA vid. Nothing I have seen said anything positive about a train system in Arma II.