Sign in to follow this  
StefX

New ArmA II Pictures!

Don't kill me  tounge2.gif  but on that pic it looks like Arma1 with M1A1 Mods and Schmalfelden map.....

That was my first thought smile_o.gif

Same here ! The colours look wrong

Don't kill me  tounge2.gif  but on that pic it looks like Arma1 with M1A1 Mods and Schmalfelden map.....

That was my first thought smile_o.gif

Same here ! The colours look wrong

makes me think that all we've seen in videos are pre-rendered.

Like just now we got actual screenshot of the game whistle.gif

COnspiracy

I love the draw distance! I quite like this town, maybe it looks a bit to much like North-Sahrani / Schmalfelden but I loved those parts actually, yet my pc has not really grown fond to it.

So that area, which clearly has more details than ArmA 1 has, with good framerate makes me really happy!

makes me think that all we've seen in videos are pre-rendered.

Like just now we got actual screenshot of the game  whistle.gif

COnspiracy

yeah hmm... Have BIS started using the ugly tricks "they" all do to us?

NAH cant believe that. BIS has never fed us crappola but real footage - i think?

That last pic sure stands out like a sore thumb compared to the rest weve seen. But then again, maybe its the place, time of day etc that makes that spot look ArmA1.

Alex

It looks great ! No fake brown shit filter, just real colors. Perfect.

Of course it will remind us of Arma1... hey, that's a good thing !

It looks great ! No fake brown shit filter, just real colors. Perfect.

Of course it will remind us of Arma1... hey, that's a good thing !

not really, arma was mediocre/good at best, but Arma 2 is supposed to be the superior game, that's been long awaited since Cold War Crisis.

As for scenery, it doesn't look very rich, maybe hint of Arma 1 map remake? whistle.gif

Nice picture thumbs-up.gif

What do people expect ?

I had to laugh when I read the text on the weapons-page:

"comming soon"

Reminded me of "dammage" in editor biggrin_o.gif

Way to go BIS ! Give us more M´s ! inlove.gif

As for scenery, it doesn't look very rich

I think it does. The short grass draw distance on that pic, however, might not have been the best move...

As for scenery, it doesn't look very rich

I think it does. The short grass draw distance on that pic, however, might not have been the best move...

what grass :P it ends in half meter. bah you edited it.

Either everyone in the world is hitting Arma2.com for a few pictures, or they are uploading something enormous. I got this lack of response before every release.

Either everyone in the world is hitting Arma2.com for a few pictures, or they are uploading something enormous.  I got this lack of response before every release.

Yeah , lets hope is big !

The camera setting is showing far scenery as larger (don't know the technical terminology), so the grass disappears close by and the distance looks a bit rough. Still a nice shot, though.

What you guys are seeing is actualy mid distance that has been zoomed in camera style. That means the textures will look pretty low res. You can tell that the new chopper pick is like this aswell. Try it in arma, zoom into the mid distance and it will look the same. This is what i've been shouting at bis for, the mid distance is way to low quality.

What you guys are seeing is actualy mid distance that has been zoomed in camera style. That means the textures will look pretty low res. You can tell that the new chopper pick is like this aswell. Try it in arma, zoom into the mid distance and it will look the same. This is what i've been shouting at bis for, the mid distance is way to low quality.

read this http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....texture

check the 3 screenshots i got there to compare ...

something like that would solve the problem with bland textures on medium to distant area

I think the pic looks fine, my only niggles are with the MTV that the crewman is wearing (and all the other Marines have been seen wearing).

Blagh, cancel that, I'm wrong and/or high.

This time ingame the MTV, rest its godforsakenly heavy soul, would have been replaced by the SPC.

But yays for more weapon pictures, and I know that its unfortunate the USMC can't decide on one freakin' armour.

The picture released on Steam seems fine to me. Sure it would be better if we had a bigger grass draw distance though...

Sure it would be better if we had a bigger grass draw distance though...

Yea, playing a slideshow would be so fun icon_rolleyes.gif

tounge2.gif

1. Zoomed in camera makes the distance appear shorter

2. PC is probably not playing on the highest settings. Terrain detail in ArmA1 controls the grass draw distance.

read this http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....texture

check the 3 screenshots i got there to compare ...

something like that would solve the problem with bland textures on medium to distant area

Interesting, it seems similar to a bug i had some month ago in OFP when tweaking my display driver :

dddddd2by6.jpg

In which instead of the usual multitexturing effect appearing only up to +/- 10 meters around you, it covered the whole map at once (with some framerate impact too wink_o.gif )

That pic looks pretty um.... shitty to me crazy_o.gif

Why would you release an image of "normal" settings for a teaser...

Also... I hope one image of a weapon is not going to be the extent of the weekly updates confused_o.gif

Sure it would be better if we had a bigger grass draw distance though...

Yea, playing a slideshow would be so fun icon_rolleyes.gif

tounge2.gif

LOL I know man tounge2.gif

I just hoped that BIS had found a solution for that problem...

Nice picture  thumbs-up.gif

What do people expect ?

I had to laugh when I read the text on the weapons-page:

"comming soon"

Reminded me of "dammage" in editor  biggrin_o.gif

Way to go BIS ! Give us more M´s !  inlove.gif

Yeah and i grew up with ofp, you can imagine how it screwed with my spelling at school :P

sharpening may help too

(take the pic and sharpen these blend textures and they look way better)

maybe it's just the DoF/blur/heat effect